beth's whole30 log

beth.martin

Hi All,

This is my second Whole30, my first was two years ago. I've noticed lately that when work gets stressful or life feels like there's too much going on I lose all my good food habits. October seemed like a great time to do a Whole30 as we are going on vacation in early November then straight into the holidays. 

Today was my first day. I tend to be starving the first few days (I've done several Whole10 and Whole14 minis over the last few years), so I let myself snack. I plan to try to be down to three real meals by day four. Hopefully sooner, but if I'm hungry and a meal is a ways off, I'm letting myself eat. 

6am: kettle bell workout

7am: sweet potato + turkey deli meat

8:15: decaf americano + chorizo breakfast casserole (whole foods has the best compliant chorizo!)

12:00: rotisserie chicken (just olive oil, salt & pepper) salad - lettuce, mango, hard boiled egg, bell pepper, cucumber, tomato, tessemae's lemon chesapeake dressing

2:30: apple

5:45: ropa vieja + sautéed spinach in ghee + cauliflower mash

6:15: chomps stick

29 days to go

Hi Beth!

welcome back :)

Whilst snacking is discouraged, if you're genuinely hungry between meals try and have a mini meal of protein, fat and vegies, instead of just fruit, or just protein. I found that overestimating my portion sizes at meals for the first few days helped - if I was hungry, i'd eat the whole meal and it usually lasted til the next meal, if I wasn't hungry enough to finish I had leftovers for a mini meal ready to go!

Archived