Day 14 - tired of the food & not seeing results

I'm on day 14 today, and besides having some mustard that wasn't allowed (didn't know at the time), I've been super strict.

However, I am seeing no results: the improvements in my mood and energy level from the first week are gone, I noticed no weight loss and my acne is starting up again. I really don't want to quit the program, and I'm not going to, but its really discouraging and I don't know what I'm doing wrong!

I've been really anxious these past few days,so I may be overeating, but despite one day in which I had a banana as a snack, I always eat on meal-time.

What should I do? My overall goal is to lose 20/25 pounds (maybe less depending on muscle growth), mainly from fat on my legs.

Seeing a few days worth of food may help...

But! This is not a weight loss program, and you are only half way through. Stressing about whether or not you're losing weight isn't going to help. There are so many factors that will influence fat loss, just like there are many factors that will effect any other benefits you may or may not experience on the program.

Unfortunately, you can't spot reduce. You can't make the fat come off your legs. It's likely to come off your top before it comes off your bottom.

Many issues will get worse before they get better, and I think skin issues take a lot longer than 30 days to improve. something you're eating may be causing acne flare ups, so as mentioned earlier, a few days of food may pinpoint something causing issues.

What Amber said.

If you're tired of the food after 2 weeks, mix it up. Try some new recipes, different vegetables and/or proteins.

Besides seeing a sample food log for a few days, it would also be helpful to see the level and frequency of exercise you're doing, and your sleep schedule.

Sorry about that, I posted from my phone and was unable to link to my log.

Its not so much as not liking the food I cook, but I'm tired of not being able to eat freely. I understand what you guys are saying about weight, but I expected at least my mood and energy level to be consistent with the first ten days. It might be my midterms, and general life/college frustration, but I also feel pudgy and not "light" like I did the first 10 days.

I've been trying to sleep at least 8 hours every night, but even though I go to bed early enough and allow myself time to sleep I still wake up after 7 hours feeling rested and am not able to go back to sleep. Is that harming the process in any way?

Regarding physical activity, I've been doing crossfit two times a week, and functional training three times (eating the appropriate snack before and after), last week I was only able to go three times to cross fit due to my midterms. I just found out that I have runner's knee (patellofemoral syndrome) so I'm going to have to take it easy and only bike/swim for about a month or two until my quads get stronger and the swelling in the cartilage in my knee decreases.

I usually have hardboiled eggs as a pre-workout meal, and tuna (usually) or chicken (if there is any left over) as a post WO meal. I am at loss as to what to eat post workout regarding carbs, we don't have a big variety of sweet potato where I live, mainly regular potatoes and red/purple potatoes.

Archived