whole100'ers (re)unite!

Jtandi

after a whole100 with some amazing people on here I am ready for a re-boot. (desperately ready!) I think some of you ladies are joining me? either way - anyone is welcome to jump on here!

TODAY IS DAY ONE!!! in some ways the easiest, in others the hardest. I have slipped back into the habit of coffee for breakfast, so first things first, breakfast THEN coffee. set me up for a great day. wasn't really hungry for the remainder and had a nice salad with chicken/walnuts/dried cranberries for dinner. not too big...not too small...JUST RIGHT! haha.

for ME this will be a whole50. brings me right up to the day before my FORTIETH BIRTHDAY!

I love where this program has taken me and I'm so excited to have a nice re-set. LOVE LOVE LOVE!

Happy Day 2!

I'm in and I am so glad you started a thread Jess.

Yesterday was a good day 1 for me.

I ate butternut squash with blueberries & coconut milk for breakfast

Lunch was leftover paleo compliant lasagne from the new "Against All Grains" Cookbook and Dinner was compliant bacon, lettuce and tomato wrapped up together.  It was SUPER yummy.

I snacked on a little bit of raw almonds and a small gala apple.

I woke up feeling a little dehydrated this morning so I am going to try to drink more water today.

This morning I made Prosciutto wrapped egg muffins (from Nom Nom Paleo)  These are completely compliant and SO great for food on the run.

My goal for this WHole30 is to get completely back on track.  I didn't stray too far but far enough that I have those horrible dark circles under my eyes and some swelling in my body.  Ugh.

I just want to feel better and walk the road of better health!

Anything else is gravy...so to speak.

Have a great day!

Hugs,

Linda

Happy Day 2!

I'm in and I am so glad you started a thread Jess.

Yesterday was a good day 1 for me.

I ate butternut squash with blueberries & coconut milk for breakfast

Lunch was leftover paleo compliant lasagne from the new "Against All Grains" Cookbook and Dinner was compliant bacon, lettuce and tomato wrapped up together. It was SUPER yummy.

I snacked on a little bit of raw almonds and a small gala apple.

I woke up feeling a little dehydrated this morning so I am going to try to drink more water today.

This morning I made Prosciutto wrapped egg muffins (from Nom Nom Paleo) These are completely compliant and SO great for food on the run.

My goal for this WHole30 is to get completely back on track. I didn't stray too far but far enough that I have those horrible dark circles under my eyes and some swelling in my body. Ugh.

I just want to feel better and walk the road of better health!

Anything else is gravy...so to speak.

Have a great day!

Hugs,

Linda

Linda, make sure you're sticking to the template..

Your breakfast had no protein, neither did dinner - bacon is considered a fat on your whole 30. If you need to snack, make sure you stick to the template with a mini meal of protein, fats and vegies instead of fruit and nuts.

Your egg muffins sound delicious, and a great way to have compliant food on hand for those occasions when you don't have time to prep :)

Happy Day 3!

I'm finding sleep to be a little difficult this week so I imagine I am detoxing although it is nothing like my first Whole30.  Phew!

I've been racing around and found myself ravenous without any food yesterday afternoon.  Ate pretty much the same things yesterday except for dinner, which was the prosciutto wrapped egg muffins.  I LOVE THEM>

I will get my book out and look at the template to make sure I'm following properly.  My choices yesterday and today (due to time constraints) was what I had or nothing at all.

I will try to carve out more time in the evenings to make something ahead of time.

A question about bacon.  If there is no sugar in the bacon, is it still not allowed?  Again, I'll get my book back out.  ugh.  Just when you think you've got it down...

Still working on drinking more water.  It's a journey.  I love that.

I took my weight and measurements before I started and here they are (yikes, can't believe I'm sharing this!)

Weight 160

Bust 41

waist 32

abs/belly 38

hips 41.5

thighs 23.5 ea.

So we'll see how I have improved in 27 days.  Right now I'm hoping that my hormones balance and the circles under my eyes leave me.  That would make me a very happy camper!

Have a great day!

Linda

Linda - SO GLAD YOU ARE JOINING ME!!! for some reason the site wasn't working the other day and I couldn't respond!

so ONE WEEK DOWN! I am so happy, sometimes it's that first week of getting it back together that's hardest. the back of my brain says "listen...you did this for 100 days. you do NOT need to do it again, even for 30. you got this...just go grab the jar of honey. please. now." but so far I've been telling it to shut the fuck up.

my HUSBAND JOINED ME! I completely cannot believe it. is he following the template and doing it perfectly? nope. but it's little steps for him. I am just amazed that he hasn't had any sugar/dairy/grains/etc for the past week. I have "allowed" him to have snacks of dried mango and nuts. this is a guy who would drink AT LEAST two Rockstar's at night, come home with McDonalds in one hand, and cookies in the other, go up to the bedroom and grab 3 bowls of Lucky Charms and call it a day (or night...since he works night shift)

I am not 100% perfect, either. do I follow the template exactly at every meal? nope. do I eat Lara bars? yup. but that's the beauty, isn't it? we get to have our own journey. and I think after my whole100 I do allow myself to be a bit less strict. prior to this whole30 I had started having coffee first thing in the morning rather than breakfast first, so that's one of the easiest things I remedied right away. I am pretty strict with three meals, but I will admit that I do have those lara bars. the only "non-compliant" I have allowed during this whole30 (whole50 for me) is bacon that has some sugar in the ingredients. only if it has zero listed under nutrition information. (yes, I know this is technically "non-compliant" - but at this point my choices are happy healthy pigs with trace sugar vs. unhealthy farmed pigs without (bacon I can find at Target or Safeway) and, for me, the happy healthy pigs are more important).

I made some great butternut squash soup (loved from previous) that I eat with some spicy sausage, some sausage and kale soup, some chicken soup, some cabbage and ground beef, and my ever handy sweet potato hash. nothing exciting. I'm interested in finding some new recipes. my husband has complained a bit about the food but I have reminded him it's only 30 days.

btw Linda - I made those egg muffins, too! yum!

and for some reason I feel as though I'm almost detoxing MORE this time. I'm like you - I didn't stray TOO far (except maybe the last week? tee) but I already notice a significant change in my "puffy" feeling. :wub: :wub: :wub:

Hi - I'm just researching trying to find a spot for me to continue after my first whole30.  My next goal is to do another 30 at least but bring the kids on board.  I didn't have the energy to try to make compliant meals (especially school lunches) for them last time.  I'm on day 28 of my first 30 but want to continue. 

Just checking in on you guys, seeing how you're doing!

Jess - if you're looking for a new recipe...  Here's one (and it's super easy).  

1 pound or two of boneless, skinless chicken thighs

1 can coconut milk

a bunch of chopped garlic

green onions

about 1/2 cup coconut aminos

Marinate for a few hours or a day.

Grill.

Be amazed at how delish it is and how many compliments you get!  ALL my friends and family rave about it and it's fool-proof!

Wishing you guys success in your next venture.  I'm cheering you on from the sideline!  :)

Thank god the forum is back!!! Good luck to you all!

I survived my holidays quite well but messed up big time this week going straight to a 3 day conference! Been eating dairy, wheat, peanuts, sugar! Ridiculous amounts too. Think I will do a modified whole30 and so post in the post whole30 section.... I will put the link in my signature so you can come and visit me? I need to take the good I have learned from whole30 style eating and apply it in a way that doesn't trigger disordered eating... I need my weight to start reducing rather than increasing....

Linda I think I have to be brave and weigh / measure too for some accountability. Well done!

hi Karen and Juzbo!! post here if you want (even though I know you aren't doing a "strict" whole), it's just nice to "see" you.

Karen - I'm trying that chicken. sounds amazing (and easy!) a friend asked me too cook some for her and she will give me $$ for groceries. I took her up on it and am cooking this week but we'll see how realistic it is. I hardly have time to cook for myself!

Juzbo - I am so happy you had an amazing vacation! and no worries about going crazy because we are all aware and conscious that it is a decision when we do it. I was beating myself up but really it is just a great wake up call for me - I have a choice and even if I make some "off" choices I always have the choice the next day to eat how I want.

Linda - you hanging in there? I am at that point of saying "I've done this before. I've done it for a hundred frickin days and I don't need to do it again!" but thankfully hubby is still going strong, my friends at work are going strong, my friends at the gym are going strong, and now my sponsor wants to do 30 days. so I'm feeling grateful for the support and community!

drtracyb - you are MORE than welcome here!! I understand about the kids. I STILL don't have the energy to get them on board. sometimes I feel like a horrible mom cooking for myself and then making them mac and cheese...a little at a time I guess...

things are going fine for me. I realize again and again that everything in life is such a balance, my food goes well my mind goes crazy, etc. and I've been having serious emotional cravings lately. I am pre menstrual, but seriously...any anxiety/frustration/fear and I go straight to the "I need to eat ___" or "I should be able to at least have ____". it's tiring but I always go back to my belief that I just need to sit with those feelings, not try to get rid of them, just try to understand them and not stuff them. sigh. it was a VERY emotional weekend where my husband went to our daughter's gymnastics meet for the first time. remember how horribly I reacted at first? yeah. like 10x that. so I don't know if I even want him to go to any other meets. I did talk to him some about it and I know he feels horrible and understands how he acted was WAY wrong, especially because she is REALLY amazing, but it's his journey, all I can do is protect my girl and make sure she knows how proud I am of her. I'm just glad he is completely aware that he was totally out of line and  hopeful that's the end of that!!

I'm finding that I'm eating a whole lot of food as I get into my second week.  I had a pretty stressful end of summer, and as part of that I had a really hard time eating.  Finally I've felt ready to get back into healthy eating.  The first week was still kind of a struggle to get food in, but this week I'm noticing that I'm eating about five meals per day.  It feels really good to know I'm finally able to nourish my body.  It's a relief, actually.  I'm so glad this isn't my first go-round with Whole30, too - I kind of know what foods I need more of, and especially to not be afraid of fat.  Phew.  Glad to be back in the healthy eating game.

Amy - I know. as I continue on this path I have inevitably become the "pro" in my neck of the woods and the first thing I have to say to everyone is "EAT A LOT OF FAT!" especially since 99% of our society is a Weight Watchers society (myself included).

as always my biggest struggle is work. many times the only real logical thing I can eat there is a lara bar. yesterday was one of those days, super crazy busy, didn't even get a break until 4:30. luckily on my work days I know I need to eat my "large" size breakfast and I can usually hold myself over until 2 or 3 with a small snack (I usually have some fruit/nut butter...) not really appropriate to eat anything while helping a doctor put in a chest tube, but a lara bar seems a bit better than a hard boiled egg or a can of tuna! :lol: . the good news? I've worked 4 days this week (just how my schedule falls now) and I am so sick of nuts/nut butter/lara bars I have no worries about binging on them!

husband is asking when this thing is over. if he can have just ONE doughnut. what if he puts it in his mouth and doesn't swallow it? what if he eats it and barfs it back out? um...I think this might indicate SUGAR ADDICTION ding dong!

my cooking twice as much has been somewhat ok but the girl I'm cooking for didn't bring a cooler yesterday. if she doesn't have one today or she calls in sick I will just freeze the food and keep it for us if necessary. it doesn't really matter either way, at least now I have chili, soup, mayo...and I have some thai curry and rice to make!

Funny how we are all different.... I was just about to post how much better I feel now that I am not eating so much protein and fat LOL..... But I am not compensating by eating more carbs/fruits.... Or dairy/sugar/grains like nonwhole30ers... Just eating less over all and throwing in a mini meal when I need it.... I guess the template size doesn't work for my size and gall bladderless state!

In just three days, the fat pants I haven't been able to get out of for the last five months are all of a sudden quite loose.

The down side is that I am counting calories again and back on the scales after a year off but I think I need to do this to work out what meal sizes are right for me.... Hopefully I won't need to do this or long as the food log will soon tell me best meal portion sizes etc.

Amy, hope you are going well.

Jess, sorry to hear about gymnastics struggles again, even harder when you are not the one in control I expect.

Linda, did you manage a good start?

Juzbo - congrats! what an amazing insight! we are all learning and traveling through this journey. I found when off the whole30 that there are many days I didn't eat breakfast and felt fantastic. BUT, I also found that there were days I skipped breakfast and should've had it. found that out too by starting my 30 again.

things are going ok here, hubby is getting sick of the food (as per expected) and I cooked some food yesterday. I am doing fine with it, but I've found I tend to make things I know he will like rather than what I like. I have some of my favorites in the pipelines though!

my other friends are hanging on, too. super cool!!!!

ok guys, I need some advice...hubby is really sick of the food...and I'm worried he's going to quit. his change in mood has been substantial. the other day he had a work function and they went to a Thai restaurant for lunch. he at off plan and for the next day he was completely moody/rude/(an asshole) and slept the entire day. I think he realized it was the sugar in the food (I'm assuming that's what it was), but, like I said, he's sick of the food and wants to quit. I'm thinking of "allowing" him paleofied foods. input? opinions? I'm talking things that are made from 100% compliant whole30 ingredients but things like paleo pancakes or bars, etc. I KNOW this isn't in the spirit, but after seeing him...I'm going to post this in the family/friends forum, too, but yous guys are the ones I trust the most! :)

holy balls, guys! I am having SERIOUS food dreams! SO funny (kind of) to be dreaming about "cheating" on my whole30 (because even in my dreams I'm doing this whole30!). I think I went through this last time, too, but it just seems strange!

things are going ok here. I have been making hubby some banana/egg pancakes in the AM when he gets home from night shift. he is super happy with it and I am super happy with the fact that he is changing what he eats. I have eaten a couple of them, but I still consider myself on this whole30 (whole50...whatever)...I think the last time I did a whole30 I said I was going to allow myself anything with compliant ingredients. not so much this time, but I did try the pancakes. they were pretty good!

I am toying with whether or not I want to do a break on October 31 then back on for 19 days. not sure if I want to or not, if it would even be worth it, or if it's just about me "getting" something I know I shouldn't be eating...answered my own question? maybe. FINE! YES! but I'm still toying with it. I'm sick.

big girl had a gym meet last night. probably her worst one. but she is still so amazing. and I told her a million times. and I also told her everyone has a place on the team and a "role" and one of the biggest things she brings to that team is her personality, her joy, her presence. she is amazing, seriously. she has one more meet this season then states. as of right now she hasn't qualified (she was off by 0.10 points), but 360 people compete so if there aren't enough who have the 34.5 "qualifying" score then they go down the list. they never have 360 with the qualifying points, so I'm not worried, but I know she would still like that number. she came home last night and cried. and we just sat on the couch and snuggled. and today is a new day and she's good. plus I bought her some slippers at the mall today! :)

how is everyone?

jess, we don't do Halloween like you do in the states - it's not a big thing at all. is there anything you'd have on that day that is especially different, that you can't have/get at any other time? lollies (candy) are available throughout the year, and aren't really that special imo, and i'm sure you could make other dishes at another time if you wanted them that much!

Archived