Tea between meals

jcamp04

Whole30 challenge, Day 2!  Feeling strong so far.  What I was wondering is can I have tea (black, green. herbal, whatever!) between meals to mix up the water?  I know it is fine with meals, but I don't want it to become a crutch either.  So what are the thoughts?

I also highly recommend hot water with lemon slices! And load up on the lemon... I usually do at least 4-5 slices.  I used to be a big tea drinker in the afternoons but I have found hot water with a bunch of lemon to be way more satisfying!

• 3 months later...

So hot water with lemon is OK? I was wondering about the natural sugars in the lemon. I used a real lemon slice - actually I used what was left from the lemon I had squeezed on to my salad and put the remaining pulp into my cup and poured hot water over it. I have opted to give up coffee during my 30 days, but I really enjoy having something warm to drink between meals.

So hot water with lemon is OK? I was wondering about the natural sugars in the lemon. I used a real lemon slice - actually I used what was left from the lemon I had squeezed on to my salad and put the remaining pulp into my cup and poured hot water over it. I have opted to give up coffee during my 30 days, but I really enjoy having something warm to drink between meals.

Lemon water is fine. 

Archived