Considering a W30 Oct5-Nov4

Jessica M.

Need to psych myself up. I know this is the way I need to be eating to regain my health and drop fat to be a healthy weight. I keep reading and reading but have not yet been able to keep good habits going. Had a successful W45 in Jan/Feb and a couple of false restarts every time bad stuff crept back. Have been eating like crap and feeling like crap and am back to almost my highest weight. Just came back from a bagel-fueled trip "home" to NYC and Oct 5 to Nov 4 or 5 would fit exactly between now and going back for my Dad's 88th birthday. 

Didn't see the magic in my 45 good days, so my body must really really be out of whack and need months of correction to see improvement. I am at least 80lbs overweight (more on charts) and 40 but feeling 60. NEED to do this. NEED to change my life and be a healthy me and a good example for my hubby and two pre-teen kids. Help. So needing encouragement.  :-(

~Jessica

Can you remember the actions you took that allowed you to succeed in your Whole45 in Jan/Feb?  Also, can you remember the positive results you gained during that Whole45?

You mentioned your husband and kids, which is noble.  What are the reasons you want to do this again for YOU?

You sound overwhelmed in your post. I wonder if there's a way you can approach this process, this time around, one meal at a time?

To really succeed I need to plan, plan, plan and shop and cook. It's the only way to keep myself on track. There's just something about the whole "New Year, New ME" thing that works in January that is hard to recapture the rest of the year. I know it's another excuse. Also, January for some reason it's much easier to not be eating out or away from home except lunch at work. There was a nice lull at work then, too, that  I haven't had since. But I am so sick of myself and my excuses. I have a lady I buy veggies from (not organic or special, but she goes to the market the restaurants buy from and buys for about 50 people so we get good value), I placed my order today to pick up tomorrow and I am going to pick some recipes to make and boil up some eggs and stuff. Maybe I can do a mini shopping trip tonight and get started tomorrow instead of Saturday. The sooner the better I think. 

I like the concept of one meal at a time but really I have to go at it planning for the week or it's way too easy to blow it. ;-)

I don't want it to just be 30 days but I am feeling like if I say it's more than that I will be setting myself up for failure again. This is how I need to eat forever. It's hard to make the change. I know, it's not hard compared to x y and z, but for me it's hard to break my SAD habits. I'm an addict. And I'm kinda lazy. Need to commit to some exercise. Need to commit to doing something for ME. 

Archived