Addiction to paleo but excited to start whole 30

rlpreble

I've been on paleo since October of last year. It actually started w a paleo challenge at my Crossfit box. In the beginning, I thought it was the craziest thing ever. I didn't think it was even possible. I remember thinking how much I loved cheese, bread, and dairy. I remember having so many questions. Here I am, a year later still on it and addicted. I have been very successful with paleo. When I first began my journey, I honestly didn't think it was something I would enjoy and stick with. I have never been a big girl but my problem has always been to lose those few inches around my waste. Or lose those last few percentage of body fat to become more defined and toned. I was definitely seeing more results with the work I was putting in at my box on paleo. What I failed to realize until just recently was the other benefits paleo had. It eliminated my seasonal allergies and gave me a new burst of energy to get out of bed in the morning. My only problem that I continue to battle today is that I still have the cravings. I had way too many cheat meals therefore I began to plateau with my results and definition. My seasonal allergies also slowly started coming back. I was on the right track eliminating rice, starches, and processed foods; but I took advantage of healthier (paleo) sweet substitutes way too much. I knew there was something that needed to be done. I needed to step up my paleo game. I knew it's a whole lifestyle change and it's what I wanted, what I craved for. I would cheat but feel crappy afterwards. It was a rollercoaster. I have seen many instagram and Facebook posts about my friends on the whole 30, but I didn't know what it fully entailed. The guys and gals at my Crossfit box are on the paleo zone and after reading about it, I just felt it was too restrictive and unrealistic for me. I need something I know for a fact I can stick with without worrying about measuring and blocks. I was already successful w paleo. I just needed a tweak, a boost, and a jump start. A friend who was on the whole 30 told me about the book and in my 1st day of reading it, I am already amazed at how much it has revealed to me. When I first felt a new sense of energy along w my seasonal allergies eliminated, I honestly thought it was more of a placebo effect. I knew I felt great but in the back of my mind I thought it was psychological. And, now here's a book that's backing up what I had been feeling. It got me feeling even more motivated and ready to start. I just want to share it w the world and wished that others could be just as passionate about it, especially the ones suffering from ailments. Looking forward to start the whole 30 and hoping for more results.

Archived