My experience with hair loss and how I fixed it.

grapefruitlove

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I was going through the comments on hair loss and was wondering if people see more of it during the Whole30.   I did this program back in 2014 but actually made it to day 28 after finding out I was pregnant since my daughter just wanted to eat carbs at that point :) .    I have always had issues with my hair and that was part of the reason why I looked at doing W30 and as a way to reset my body.   

I have always had thinner hair but I feel like it has gotten worse over the years, especially after going through hormonal changes as me getting off birth control pills, my son was born in 2008, and my daughter in 2015.   During my high school years I tried to be a vegetarian but I don't think I had the knowledge to supplement anything that I was removing from my diet so I am not sure at that point that affected anything.   I have in the past been diagnosed with anemia (which I am sure comes and goes as I change what I eat) and alopecia but nothing is related to my thyroid since all of my blood work comes back ok.   I don't have patches of hair loss but my hair is pretty scarce throughout my scalp, especially my crown.   It's to the point where I need to apply keratin fibers to cover up and it only gets worse as I deal with the daily-life stress.   I have been taking collagen (beef and/or marine) since last December and have tried to make other diet changes but nothing has really helped and it just continues to get worse (if I had a giant rock I would hide under it...).

I am turning to W30 again to see if I can find any help/answers through it but while doing some more research I have come across testimonials where people actually talk about losing more hair while doing it, which is scaring me.   I don't currently consume crazy amounts of dairy so eliminating it should not be such a radical change.

Are there any other ladies out there who started this program with similar concerns and have actually seen improvements?   Did any of the original comments improve as they stayed with the program?

Thank you for any insight, ladies! :)

Archived