Workouts Meals-- Even When Not Hungry?

Hello,

So, after suggestions by the mods (thank you mods), I'm trying to eat a post WO meal. Thing is, I'm not hungry in the slightest after I workout. My questions are: 

1) is this meal REQUIRED or is it more of a eat if you're hungry after working out? 

2) In terms of pre-WO meals/snacks, if I time my workout so that it occurs after breakfast but not in enough time to have breakfast + a pre-workout meal/snack can I just move the meal/snack to later in the day if I'm hungry? 

Thanks so much. I am going to eat my post-wo meal today since I'll be stuck in class until 2pm and it's now 10:30 am so I'm sure that my 8am breakfast won't sustain me until then but in general, should one eat the post WO meal within the designated time frame despite a lack of hunger? 

So sorry if this has been asked, my search function isn't working. 

Hiya!  Glad you're working these in - I think it will make a huge difference for you.

Yes, eat that Post WO food, even if you're not "hungry".  The sole purpose of that meal is to give your body fuel to replace what you've just used and it will use it all for that purpose.  Then eat your next meal at regular time.

If you're not hungry before you work out, don't worry about a pre-wo meal :)

I wanted to tag in here too. I was wondering if you miss your 15 min window after working out, is the post W/O meal a waste? Or am I still benefiting my muscles if I eat the protein say...40 mins after? Also wondering if I only do cardio, do I still need post W/O meal?

Hiya!  Glad you're working these in - I think it will make a huge difference for you.

Yes, eat that Post WO food, even if you're not "hungry".  The sole purpose of that meal is to give your body fuel to replace what you've just used and it will use it all for that purpose.  Then eat your next meal at regular time.

If you're not hungry before you work out, don't worry about a pre-wo meal :)

I can't "like" your post....still forum issues

I try very hard to get down at least 5-6 bites on the PWO template immediately after a hard workout because it makes a big difference in my recovery. I'll eat the rest within an hour or so.

For lighter workouts, I don't worry about it if I'm not hungry.

I wanted to tag in here too. I was wondering if you miss your 15 min window after working out, is the post W/O meal a waste? Or am I still benefiting my muscles if I eat the protein say...40 mins after? Also wondering if I only do cardio, do I still need post W/O meal?

The meal planning template doesn't specify a "type" of workout that requires a meal so I would assume that it would apply to any workout. Also, you certainly wouldn't lose the benefit of eating if you got the meal in at 40 minutes after working out instead of 15-30; the point is, the sooner the better. So, I'd still eat it even if you're a little bit late. 

The meal planning template doesn't specify a "type" of workout that requires a meal so I would assume that it would apply to any workout. Also, you certainly wouldn't lose the benefit of eating if you got the meal in at 40 minutes after working out instead of 15-30; the point is, the sooner the better. So, I'd still eat it even if you're a little bit late. 

Yep! This!

Okay. I have been skipping it when I only do cardio. Its maybe a 3mile jog on a good day and less on others, not exactly intense for most people! I will add one in after every workout and see how I feel. Thanks

Archived