BACON!!

Elizabeth!

Will you people stop buying all of my Bacon from US Wellness Meat!!!!!! 

I am out and so are they, one day after they got it back in stock. 

I have a local source, but they are more expensive and I have to drive pretty far to get there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I get my from Whole Foods which is 30 miles away and can never get it from US wellness either. I treat mine like gold and only have it once in a while because of the expense.  Then other times I almost eat an entire package because I have had to ration it.  Maybe there is a black market for compliant bacon?  I can trade my uneaten candy bars for some!~ :D

Whole Foods has compliant bacon.

What is the brand?? I have never seen a compliant bacon at Whole Foods. The bacon in the meat case always has sugar as does any prepackaged commercial brands.

What is the brand?? I have never seen a compliant bacon at Whole Foods. The bacon in the meat case always has sugar as does any prepackaged commercial brands.

I can't remember the brand, although I'll try to look tonight when I get home.  But right on the front it says "no sugar" and "paleo approved".  

THANKS! This is exciting - I am so going to have to make a trip to Whole Foods to look for bacon.. I tried The Fresh Market - while the ingredients looked great, they all had sugar :( So did Grassroots (small health food store)... 

It is in the packaged area not the meat department.  I had them read the ingredients off of that and it had sugar.  The prepackaged bacon didn't have it.  It is really good too! About $6.99 a package.

Hey guys!  I went to Whole Foods on my lunch break today to get a fresh salad so I took a picture of the Whole 30 approved bacon.  Hope you can find it at your local store :)

CMCCOY, Have you had it before?  It is sooooooo gooooooddddddd!  It is really good on a cookie sheet in the over for about 20 mins at 350.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

At my local co-op, the Pederson's Farm bacon is kept in the freezer section, not with the other bacon.  Not sure why.  I found it extraordinarily salty.  Not too salty to be enjoyable, but saltier than I preferred.  To me, it isn't worth the $6.99 for 12 ounces.  :(  I haven't tried the stuff from US Wellness Meats.  After my whole 30, there's a locally sourced bacon here that's less expensive and has a tiny bit of sugar in the ingredients (but doesn't even register on the nutrition label for sugars, so less than 1/2 g for serving.  But it's happy pork, and I will take that any day.  I don't * think*  the teensy amount of sugar will awaken my sugar dragon.  At least I hope not!!

• 1 month later...

There is a fabulous place here in Portland, Or that makes sugar free bacon, panchetta, and ham. I just called to check if they ship

and found out that they will.

It's called Tails and Trotters 503-477-8682

They raise their own pigs and finish them with a feed of hazelnuts which produces an incredibly tasty product.

It's not cheap but the quality and craft is amazing.

• 1 month later...

I just found the sugar fee bacon at Whole foods but noticed it does not say organic or grass fed pork.  Is this still ok??  It states the pigs were raised "naturally" and were fed no animal by products, hormone and (or course ) antibiotic free.  i just bought 6 packs!!  Pllleeeeaaaaasssseeee tell me it's Whole 30 approved!!  :D

I just found the sugar fee bacon at Whole foods but noticed it does not say organic or grass fed pork.  Is this still ok??  It states the pigs were raised "naturally" and were fed no animal by products, hormone and (or course ) antibiotic free.  i just bought 6 packs!!  Pllleeeeaaaaasssseeee tell me it's Whole 30 approved!!  :D

Man, I really don't want to be the bad guy here...

...so I'll let the folks at Whole9 be the bad guys. (Hey, they say they can take it.)

• 5 months later...

Hopefully all you baconiers have found a way to get your bacon fix. If not one place I would like to leave you with.... COSTCO. That is right Costco Kirkland signature has sugar free bacon. Its label low sodium. Favor is weak, but it gets you that fat and fix you are craving, and you also get the animal fat.

Your Welcome.

I found this bacon in Seattle at a small chain store called PCC.

Pure County Uncured Rustic Bacon

No nitrates (except for naturally occuring nitrates in sea salt and celery juice powder.) or nitrites added. No sugar added. Gluten free, casein free and milk free. Never administered antibiotics of any kind. Humanely raised; free range on a sustainable family farm. No farrowing crates or gestation stalls. Raised on vegetarian feed. Non-GMO verified.

Ingredients: Pork (Food Alliance Certified). Water, Sea Salt, Celery Powder.

http://www.purecountrypork.com/

• 3 months later...

Archived