Starting October 14th - anyone want to join me?

primalamy

I would love to join you all in your Whole30.  I restarted today.  I completed my first whole30 one week ago today.  I fell off pretty hard on a road trip this last weekend, so back on I go!  I feel so good on this meal plan.  My goal for this 30 is to learn portion control.  How much do I need to eat to make it comfortable from one meal to the next, without eating too much.  

Day 1 

0600 B chicken sausage, one egg, sweet potato hash browns, salad and 1/2 avocado

1400 L tuna with homemade mayo, pickles, salad, small apple, cashews

2000 D thai turkey zuchinni meatballs, garlic mashed cauli, green beans coconut butter

45" boot camp style class

Feeling good to complete day ! again.  Dinner started for tomorrow.  Stuffed acorn squash. 

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 2 (or 37)

Meal 1 sweet potato, tomato and spinach omelette with diced avocado

Meal 2 carbless beef burger at gym with sweet potato fries (small portion cooked in OO)

Meal 3 to be decided when I shop - may make a lamb curry and serve with cauliflower rice. 

Exercise - kettlebell class in an hour followed by a swim as I don't want to ache as much as I did after last week's class. And I realise I have not thought about pre and post workout meals. Something to consider for next time. Doh!

I shall be making chicken stock and veg stock later - bones from Sunday's slow cooked chick and loads of veg peelings in the freezer 

Have a good day wherever you may be. 

Good Morning!

I hope Day 1 went well for everyone.

I felt so good and energized and excited about startling up again I did two extra rounds in my circuit training class. My calves and legs are aching today, but I love that post hard workout soreness.

Meal 1 is leftover ground beef skillet with veggies (I topped it with a dollop of mayo after reading Amberino's suggestion and LOVED it!) and butternut squash. I always have coffee with coconut milk.

Meal 2 will be chicken salad with celery and apples and mayo and a red pepper.

Meal 3 will be the rest of my beef skillet or maybe eggs with braised cabbage.

I'm making the pad Thai from Well Fed tomorrow.......I'm am SO looking forward to that! It's been a repeating regular since my first whole 30. Try it with red onions....I like it best that way. And I've had it without the spaghetti squash and it's just as good.

Good Morning :)

Meal 1: peppermint tea, ground turkey hash with sweet potato, summer squash, apple, onion,  bell peppers cooked in pastured pork lard.

Meal 2: cod with sauteed collard greens in coconut oil

Meal 3: shepherds pie from Well Fed, roasted carrots and sauteed power greens (chard, spinach, bok choy)

HI there- So excited to have found this thread- I am starting today, Tuesday Oct 15th, and could really use the support/accountability.  I did a whole 20? in September, but was thwarted by a stomach bug.  I am back and ready to go.

Meal 1- pork and kale soup- not great, going to have to find a new breakfast

Meal 2- more pork and kale, but with 1/2 a sweet potato 

Meal 3- beef shank and cabbage stew (I hope) I am fearful I filled the slow cooker too much and it won't be cooked!

I am fighting a cold, but would still like to go to yoga tonight

Best of luck to all today!

Good morning, everyone! I had a dinner of Samosa (from NomNomPaleo) with brussels sprouts. I hadn't had brussels sprouts since I was a little kid, but they were better than I thought. Not particularly good, but definitely not something I'll turn my nose up at. This morning I made a kale quiche I found here that was pretty good, but took a lot longer than I thought it would. I have to get faster at prepping ingredients if I'm going to start making breakfast before work.

Hi everyone,

I'm a bit late checking in, but it's been great reading all your updates :-)

Day 1 (yesterday)

M1 Three hard boiled eggs, some smoked mackerel, kale sautéed in olive oil, all topped with sliced beetroot. Great flavours, but the kale was too chewy!

M2 Beef mince, pan fried in olive oil, with tinned tomatoes, thyme and black olives, served with steamed cauliflower. Delicious!

M3 Same as M2

Day 2 (today)

M1 Same as M2 yesterday, plus microwaved sweet potato

M2 Same as M1 today

M3 Probably the same as M1 yesterday, but I'm going to cook the kale for longer!

Because I'm just cooking for myself, it makes sense to me to eat the same thing every meal for a couple of days, then switch to a different menu for the next couple of days. Tomorrow will probably be all about chicken :-)

I feel okay now but all day yesterday and this morning I had a terrible headache :-(

Looking forward to the bit where we have loads of energy ;-)

Jen xx

Day 2 Check in

I'm definitely feeling better than yesterday.  I'm starting to get hungry with lunch in a half hour, so that seems pretty reasonable.

I almost jumped on the scale this morning out of habit, caught myself in time.  But then spent the next half hour thinking about the scale, ugh.

Out tonight with a friend for drinks - seltzer with lime for me.  Luckily I can't see this friend giving me any issues about it, although she'll definitely be surprised!  

One weird thing I noted in my log, everything is tasting burnt to me.  What I'm eating/drinking isn't burnt, so not sure what the deal is there.

jml - I just started getting the inkling of a headache, I'm hoping it doesn't go full blown.

ThoughtsFromJules  I've definitely read that the food dreams are normal.  Worrying so much about staying on plan is sure to infiltrate your subconscious.

snowflower  Glad to hear you have so much energy, I hope that hits me soon.  I am not a morning person.

Good luck to everyone on Day 2! 

Day 1 was tough- now with a baby it is ESSENTIAL for us to plan and prep ahead of time.  We stayed compliant but could do better.  Figuring out snacks for me (since I am still BF) is hard since I still feel like I'm "cheating."

I had the sugar monster on my back before I went to bed.  Didn't realize that I had been eating a sweet treat every evening before bed so that will be a hard habit to break.  I think I actually dreamed of cookies.  :unsure:

One down, 29 to go!

Checking in.  This is day 3 of my second whole 30 (with one day break in between).  I actually find whole30 life easier because my choices are clear.  The one day I took off, I fell immediately into old habits, eating Oreo cookies in the work break room.

My goal this time around is to adhere better to my exercise plan.  That said, I did the treadmill today and yesterday, and a weights class.

Yesterday ate sweet potato hash and fried eggs for M1 (love it, it's my staple).  Ate it again for M2 because I had some left over, as well as some meatloaf muffins.  M3 was sauteed mushrooms and some marinated steak.

At least this time around I have started to have some favorite paleo meals:  I love Nom Nom's sweet potato hash.  Chocolate Chili.  Meatloaf muffins.  Veggie beef bolognese.  A nice greek salad.  And roast chicken.

A slow cooker is indispensable.  I returned the one I bought for my first whole30 because it was running too hot, but now I really miss it.  It was running too hot to keep it going for bone broth, but I did decide that I can't stand the smell of bone broth in my house all the time, so I am not going to do that again.

Also thinking of buying a roaster.

And definitely want to incorporate some of the soups.

My biggest problem at the moment is trying to get my kids on a paleo diet.  I'm getting close, but have difficult getting away from carb snacks, as the school also gives them treats during class, as well as Halloween candy.  I'm just not emotionally ready to ask the school to exclude my kids from things their classmates are doing.  I did try to get the school to not offer food dye-laden foods, but that fell on deaf ears, too.

Day 2 (37) supper was fantastic. I made Moroccan meatballs with lamb mince and a couple of spoons of a compliant coriander and cumin paste that I found today. Cooked them in a simple tomato sauce and served them with cauliflower rice pilaf. Fabulous. Hubby lapped it up and said 'you'd never know this was paleo'. I think that was praise!!

Day 1 was tough- now with a baby it is ESSENTIAL for us to plan and prep ahead of time. We stayed compliant but could do better. Figuring out snacks for me (since I am still BF) is hard since I still feel like I'm "cheating."

I had the sugar monster on my back before I went to bed. Didn't realize that I had been eating a sweet treat every evening before bed so that will be a hard habit to break. I think I actually dreamed of cookies. :unsure:

One down, 29 to go!

Theresa, don't plan snacks - you need an extra meal or two!! Having 4-5 meals is recommended for BFing mums, making sure that they all fit the template with your protein, fats and vegies.

I started yesterday - 2nd day almost done - whoop whoop!  How is everyone doing?  This is my first time, and it will be extremely difficult to get all the shopping, prepping, cooking in, but I'm ready for a life change.

Hey, all! Checking in on my Day 2.

Breakfast: scrambled eggs with bell peppers and onions

Lunch: grilled hamburger patty, lettuce, baby carrots, honey crisp apple with cinnamon

Supper: hash of Ital sausage, sweet potatoes, peppers, onions and eggs. Handful of sunflower seeds with dried apples, raisins and apricots.

2 cups of black coffee this am and lots of water the rest of the day.

Hey, all! Checking in on my Day 2.

Breakfast: scrambled eggs with bell peppers and onions

Lunch: grilled hamburger patty, lettuce, baby carrots, honey crisp apple with cinnamon

Supper: hash of Ital sausage, sweet potatoes, peppers, onions and eggs. Handful of sunflower seeds with dried apples, raisins and apricots.

2 cups of black coffee this am and lots of water the rest of the day.

Did you include fat with your meals - particularly meal 1&2? Cooking fat doesn't account for a lot as most will be left in the pan.

Also check your dried fruit for non-compliant oils, sweeteners, additives/preservatives etc. be careful of the consumption of these - you only need a small amount to get your serve of fruit.

Day two:

Didn't sleep well, so I skipped the gym in favor of the extra hour of sleep.

M1-Same scramble as yesterday, -spinach.

Snack-apple pie LaraBar (had a meeting run well through lunch) and 2 hard-boiled eggs

M2-taco salad from dinner last night, with pistachios

M3-grilled chicken, sautéed (in coconut oil) summer squash, zucchini, spinach, garlic, broccoli, cabbage and cauliflower with Italian seasonings and balsamic vinegar drizzled over top.

I was very nauseous until I had a chance to eat dinner; not sure if it was primarily lack of sleep, or the sudden influx of eggs. Aside from that minor inconvenience, the food today was just as delicious, and I cooked up a batch of green beans from Well Fed for tomorrow.

Hope everyone is well, and good job on day two!

Day 1 & 2 Check In

Day 1

M1 - 3 eggs, Half Avocado, Tomato, Broccoli, Kale, Holy Kombucha - Blood Orange, Black Coffee

M2 - Purple Asparagus (turned green with heat) Jumbo Lump Crab Stuffed Dover Sole, Roasted Cauliflower & Mushrooms

Season with Ghee, Thyme, Salt, Pepper, Lemon, Apple Ginger Kombucha, Water, Coffee

M2.5 - Starving around 5 & was going to be in church until 9:30, so I had my hubbie bring me a Lara Bar - Pecan Pie
M3 - Applegate Turkey, Veggie Stir-fry with, Broccoli, Green Beans, Squash, Spinach, Napa Cabbage, Garlic, Mushrooms, Water

Used Olive Oil until I learned that the coconut aminos I got are not sweet, more of a substitute for soy sauce - awesome! 
And sesame oilApple Ginger Kombucha

Day 2

M1 - 

Scrambled Eggs
Kale
Red Bell Peppers 
Onions
Asparagus
Broccoli
Prickly Pear Kombucha
Water with Lime

M2 - Ground Buffalo

Spinach
Zucchini
Mushrooms
Tomatoes
Poblano
Onions
Garlic
Guacamole

Cumin
Cayenne
Salt & Pepper
Prickly Pear Kombucha
Coconut Water
Water with Lime

M3 - 

Vital Farms Chicken cooked in Ghee & Olive Oil, Broccoli, Green Beans, Snow Peas, Garlic with splash Sesame Oil & Coconut Aminos, Salt & Pepper, Water with Lime

No exercise.  Class at the gym cancelled tonight but I was relieved because I've still got a mile long list of things to do before I go to sleep.

When I was recording what I ate for D2M1 - I realized that I put a splash of milk in my scrambled eggs.  So habit that I didn't realize I was doing it while in auto pilot.  

Do I start over????

Day 1 & 2 Check In

Day 1

M1 - 3 eggs, Half Avocado, Tomato, Broccoli, Kale, Holy Kombucha - Blood Orange, Black Coffee

M2 - Purple Asparagus (turned green with heat) Jumbo Lump Crab Stuffed Dover Sole, Roasted Cauliflower & Mushrooms

Season with Ghee, Thyme, Salt, Pepper, Lemon, Apple Ginger Kombucha, Water, Coffee

M2.5 - Starving around 5 & was going to be in church until 9:30, so I had my hubbie bring me a Lara Bar - Pecan Pie

M3 - Applegate Turkey, Veggie Stir-fry with, Broccoli, Green Beans, Squash, Spinach, Napa Cabbage, Garlic, Mushrooms, Water

Used Olive Oil until I learned that the coconut aminos I got are not sweet, more of a substitute for soy sauce - awesome!

And sesame oil, Apple Ginger Kombucha

Day 2

M1 -

Scrambled Eggs

Kale

Red Bell Peppers

Onions

Asparagus

Broccoli

Prickly Pear Kombucha

Water with Lime

M2 - Ground Buffalo

Spinach

Zucchini

Mushrooms

Tomatoes

Poblano

Onions

Garlic

Guacamole

Cumin

Cayenne

Salt & Pepper

Prickly Pear Kombucha

Coconut Water

Water with Lime

M3 -

Vital Farms Chicken cooked in Ghee & Olive Oil, Broccoli, Green Beans, Snow Peas, Garlic with splash Sesame Oil & Coconut Aminos, Salt & Pepper, Water with Lime

No exercise. Class at the gym cancelled tonight but I was relieved because I've still got a mile long list of things to do before I go to sleep.

When I was recording what I ate for D2M1 - I realized that I put a splash of milk in my scrambled eggs. So habit that I didn't realize I was doing it while in auto pilot.

Do I start over????

I would either extend by a couple of days, make it a whole 32, or just delay your dairy reintro so you have a full 30 days dairy free

If you're using sesame oil, make sure it's not heated/for cooking.

I'd watch your consumption of drinks with fruit juice added, or just juice (like coconut water). Juice should be limited to using in recipes, and make sure the kombucha isn't taking the place of other carbonated drinks

Archived