Starting October 14th - anyone want to join me?

primalamy

Day 1 almost over for me! I'm doing pretty well, though I was hungry for dinner early so I need to make more food to eat at lunch.

Breakfast was 2 fried eggs (in ghee), green beans with salt, and a banana.

Lunch was an extra large salad with veggies and avacado/salsa dressing, 2 fried eggs, and an orange

Dinner is cauliflower fried rice with chicken and a side of sauteed broccoli and mushrooms(I love cauliflower and broccoli!) and a sweet potato with ghee.

I do like to have at least two raw fruits a day because of their health promoting properties- does anyone know how much fruit is too much?

i'd suggest that increasing your breakfast would have a better impact on your hunger levels throughout the day than increasing your lunch, although I think you need to do that too. many people notice that a substantial breakfast keeps them satisfied throughout the day, compared to a smaller breakfast and "catching up" with a bigger lunch to compensate.

your breakfast looks light on in protein, fats and vegies. a serve of eggs is as many as you can hold - most people find that is 3-4. (i'm assuming from your name that you're a man? my husband has 4 plus chicken to get him through..). i'd also aim for 2-3 cups of vegies, then add your fat. cooking fat really doesn't account for a lot as most is left in the pan.

i'd also increase the protein at lunch :)

fruit with your meals is fine - and a couple of pieces over the day is more than acceptable! the whole 30 isn't anti-fruit, it's just recommended that you don't use it as a snack, or let it push vegetables off your plate.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OOOOHHHH!  I'm making those tomorrow night.  I've never had them before. I've always loved plain vegetables so haven't made any effort to doctor them up in any way, but am having a friend over for dinner and thought I'd try something different and "special".  We're having local grass fed beef burgers, sweet potato fries (in coconut oil), creamy cucumber salad (also from Well Fed) and the green beans.

What do you all think.....are sweet potato fries off limits?  I had them during my last Whole 30 and didn't have any issues with them, but since then I hear that others avoid them because they are SWYPO (sex with your pants on).  I toss them with coconut oil and bake them.....I'm not sure how that's different that the nomnom paleo butternut squash cubes.

I think they ar SWYPO only if fries are a red light type food for you. I eat them because that is not the case for me. I wont ever do any kind of cookie substitute as I have trouble walking away from even bad cookies.

Am going to look up the green bean recipe!

Yeah squash recipes!  Thank you to....Cortner1195, SharynF, Snowflower, Abderino21, I am going to try them all.  They sound so much better than my mush I ended up with. :)

So last night I woke up with rashy skin, itchy and bumpy in a few places.  Also woke up with two new zits (probably in the works before Whole30 started?)  I feel very itchy since starting this, I've been pretty itchy in the last few weeks but it seems worse the last couple days.  Hmmmm.  Scalp seems drier too.  I imagine my body has a lot of adjusting to do so I will hang in there and see if it improves.  Wondering if this is possibly a detox sort of reaction?

Overall I feel pretty good in the stomach department but I do notice the urge to gag a lot more at foods, also I don't really like/want food as much now.  Any food healthy or not (neither has me excited about eating) and the stuff that I probably would want like fruits I should be moderately limiting for bet results. I know I have to eat to be healthy and not set myself up for failure by getting TOO hungry but food just isn't appealing like it used to be (in some ways I miss that) I don't miss the cravings though. I do wish the aches and pains would go away, I shouldn't feel THIS old at 35 years old.   I hope to not feel itchy soon too.  I still feel foggy headed, tired, and a little blah BUT those sinuses being clear is a good thing!  Only problem is, I think my hearing is more sensitive (which is good) but I find myself irritable because sounds startle me or "hurt" me more than before when my sinuses were clogged and my ears were dulled to sounds I guess.  Hard to explain but with 4 kids making noise all day my ears are sensitive the last couple days, and I want the TV more quiet and everyone to talk quieter than before.

Is it weird to say this is way easier than I thought and also harder in some ways than I thought?  Harder in that it seems like the days are creeping by and I can't wait to get to day 30 to see results and see what all I learn about my eating, and easier in that the freedom from cravings has made it easier to eat the right things and stay on plan easier than I imagined.

I think it helped a little that I did paleo for a few days before I went on Whole30 so it helped ease me into it a little.  So I've been paleo for a little over a week and this is my day 4 of Whole30.  I can't wait to try some squash today, thanks again for the recipes! ;)

Actually your scenario sounds a little like my first week on my first whole30. Late evening on day 3 I was hurting so badly I didn't think I could continue. The worse you feel, eat your next meal. The gaggy, food hate will pass, and you will be golden. Every time I felt really bad, it was because I needed to eat. Every time I ate I felt a bit better. You have to love instant feed back. Stay strong.

I cooked the squash recipe from Nom Nom Paleo this morning and it was really good, simple but I kept thinking how I probably burned more calories getting the squash peeled, cleaned out, and cut up than it was going to provide me in nutrition! lol  It was a lot of work to prep it but so much nicer to eat!  I didn't have lard (hope to soon, we have homegrown pork due to be slaughtered in a month or so and I will try rendering my own).  Anyway I used coconut oil in a light drizzled and tossed it then seasoned.  I cooked them a touch too long, I think I did smaller chunks than the recipe maybe so it cooked faster.  I will cut it back by 10 mins next time and see if they are more to my liking.  I liked them WAY better than the mush I had last time. :)  I will try another recipe next time and compare flavors.  

Thinking of trying to fit in some pilates or gentle stretching after a walk today to limber up the muscles and joints.  Still so stiff and achy I want some relief.  I am also trying to reach out more to friends for a visit (calling or visiting in person) as a nice distraction in the afternoons so I won't feel like this is dragging on so slowly.  It can be a long time between lunch and dinner around here. :)

Today's breakfast was 3 slices bacon (uncured, unsweetened), and 2 eggs cooked in a little coconut oil, small portion butternut squash, 5 grapes.  I should have eaten more veggies, but first thing in the morning veggies make me feel nauseous, I am going to keep trying to sneak them in heavier in the mornings.

For lunch I have a large spinach salad planned with fish (leftover from last night), cherry tomatoes, cukes, cashews and balsamic vinegar as a dressing.  Kinda a strange combo I know but it actually sounds good to me right now.  I'll add in some carrot sticks and celery too.

Dinner is a paleo stew with beets (very mild tasting beets), carrots, celery, onions, garlic, stew meat, might toss in some spinach leaves, bay leaves, beef bullion (will check labels) herbs & spices, and a few white potatoes for the family, but I will make sure not to select those in my bowl then it will be thickened with arrowroot powder (my first time using arrowroot powder we shall see how it goes).  If my flours arrive today from Amazon I *might* try some almond/coconut flour biscuits.  The family would appreciate something to go with the stew.  Not normally a biscuit fan, but the family enjoys them so I can try it and see if they'd accept that type of biscuit instead of the normal kind we have occasionally.  

I hope it turns out good.

I definitely agree that biscuits are SWYPO. Making our meals follow a different template is key. Also, be prepared for foods that you usually like to taste less than you hope. Every time I find myself trying to make every meal look like protein, carb, veggie, I change it up.

Jules - let me now how the arrowroot powder works for you. My husband tried to use it to thicken stew he made last week, and it didn't work.

For dinner I ended us making a salad with romaine, kale, celery, carrots, cucumber, and fresh roasted beets. They were nice and sweet. then I had chicken (we roasted a whole chicken earlier this week) and some roasted sweet potatoes.

snowflower - I think making fries is fine. I don't see that much of a difference between those and me roasting sliced sweet potatoes, other than the shape.

Sorry about the double post. Not actually sure what happened.

I was looking around for new recipes. I found the pad thai. Looks yummy. I don't have any sunbutter, so I will use the almond butter that I made last night. I knew that I only had to make cauli rice for my dinner tonight, so I grilled the chicken, and steamed the spaghetti squash. That will make the pad thai a super quick meal tomorrow night! Food on track. No workout today.

OMG....I had crazy food dreams last night.  I thought I'd skip that phase this time around, but it was madness.  I was so hungry and could find nothing compliant and nobody (restaurant wait staff) was being helpful.  I finally ordered a kale salad plain/no dressing because there was nothing else.  And then I realized I ate toast!  I don't even like toast.  I haven't actually eaten toast in over a year.  Some of that anxiety has followed me into my morning, but I'm sure I'll feel better as the day goes on.

I'm jealous of all of you people feeling the positive effects. My skin has gotten worse, and I had my worst allergies of the year today. And don't even get me started on digestion...

Mine was really weird my first time around and it lasted the whole 30 days.  I don't seem to be having the same issues this time.  Hang in there.  Your flora needs to adjust to less sugar and all those veggies and protein.

So I do have a newbie question, I keep seeing the term "tiger's blood" what the heck is that?  I realize from the context it seems to be a feeling or a state of being, and seems to be a good one, but I am curious where the term came from and why people use it in this forum. lol  

I'm not sure where it comes from, but it's a feeling of euphoria for me.  I feel strong and confident and sexy.  I crave only good for me foods, I'm hungry, I want to work out harder and push myself in every area.  I had been on antidepressants for 3 years prior to  my first whole 30....when I started to feel amazing, I weaned off of them and haven't needed them since.  I feel better mentally and physically than I EVER have in my whole life!  That's tiger's blood for me.

Have a fantastic day.

So I do have a newbie question, I keep seeing the term "tiger's blood" what the heck is that?  I realize from the context it seems to be a feeling or a state of being, and seems to be a good one, but I am curious where the term came from and why people use it in this forum. lol  

"Tiger blood" refers to the energy boost many Whole30'ers get while on the program.  Per the Whole30 timeline, this tends to happen during days 16-27. http://www.whole9life.com/2013/08/revised-timeline/

Good Morning- Although  I don't get to post much- I love catching up with everyone and their success!  I am doing just fine chugging along on day 4.  I am finding I am eating what I made for M3 for M1 the next day and it seems to be working

Also last time I did this I got caught up in a lot of recipes, and getting bogged down in the cooking- now I find I am keeping it a little simpler.

Have a great weekend everyone! 

Acorn squash recipe - I found this addictive.  Thanks for reminding me about it!

http://stupideasypaleo.com/2012/10/07/stuffed-acorn-squash

• 1 large acorn squash
  • 1 lb. (500 g) ground beef
  • 1 onion
  • 1 apple (any variety)
  • 6 slices of bacon (sugar free if doing a Whole30)
  • *1 Tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped (or 1 tsp dried rosemary)
  • 2 tsp dried thyme
  • 2 tsp fennel seeds
  • 1 tsp ground sage
  • 1 tsp black pepper
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp sea salt
  • 1/4 tsp nutmeg
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet or dish with foil or parchment paper.
2. Cut the squash in half and scoop the seeds out. Place on the baking sheet and roast until the flesh is tender, approximately 45 minutes. Remove and allow to cool to the touch. **While the squash is baking, prepare the stuffing.
3. Dice the apple and onion into medium-sized pieces. Slice the bacon into pieces.
4. In a large skillet over medium heat, brown the bacon. Add the onion and cook for 5-10 minutes until softened and translucent. Add the apples and cook for another 5-10 minutes. Remove the bacon / onion / apple mixture to a large bowl.
5. In the same skillet over medium-high heat, brown the ground beef (note: if the beef has yielded a lot of fat and is not grass-fed, you may want to drain it before adding the spices and herbs). Add all spices and herbs: rosemary, thyme, fennel seeds, sage, pepper, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg. Pour the ground beef into the same large bowl. Stir to combine.
6. When the squash is cool to the touch, use a spoon to scoop out some of the flesh and mix into the beef.
7. Use a spoon to fill the squash boats with the beef mixture.
8. Return the squash to the oven and bake another 15 minutes at 375 degrees F until everything is heated through.

The same time I made that recipe, last month during my first whole30, I also had made a batch of ghee that I cooked to the brown butter phase before straining out the solids.  I can tell you, I still long for that ghee.  Delicious.  I mixed that with my acorn squash and filling - heavenly.

My current batch of homemade ghee is normal yellow but I'm thinking I'm going to make up some browned ghee today, with all this talk about squash.

Good Morning- Although  I don't get to post much- I love catching up with everyone and their success!  I am doing just fine chugging along on day 4.  I am finding I am eating what I made for M3 for M1 the next day and it seems to be working

Also last time I did this I got caught up in a lot of recipes, and getting bogged down in the cooking- now I find I am keeping it a little simpler.

Have a great weekend everyone! 

Labmini - I feel the same way.  I know the goal is to get a stockpile of recipes, like we had pre-Paleo.  That is starting to happen for me, but I'm not there yet.  I also now have a ton of new Paleo cookbooks that I need to plow through.

According to the timeline I'm a little ahead with pure exhaustion.  If only I had time with a nap.  My eyes are hooded and the lids feel like they have weights on them.

Because of this post, I roasted a bunch of veggies last night.  It smelled so good, yum!

cortner1195- I've been wanting to try to make the cauliflower rice and the pad thai.  I need to get compliant sunbutter, since my grocery store only carries the one with added sugar.  Let me know how it turns out!

Day 5/40 went well

Meal 1 - 3 fried eggs on spinach with mayo

Meal 2 chicken and prune salad in carluccios. 

Meal 3 last night's leftover pork, apple and sweet potato. 

Exercise - 90 minute walking tour (I am a guide) and an hour or more shopping. Rare for me to be on my feet for three hours. I went to the cinema afterwards and had a nice sit down for two hours to make up for it!!

Feeling some changes today, good ones so far today anyway.  I'd categorize my mood as "chipper" or chatty.  I think it is possible I feel a little less achy as well but it is still there for sure.  Something else has changed too, normally when I sit down for a meal I am amazed at how fast it is gone and I am sad it is all gone.  Now I am amazed at home much I still have left to eat and I am not sure I CAN eat that much (medium portions too).   That is huge for me.

About the stew last night, I got away without using any bullion at all!  I didn't even try the arrowroot powder (it was more brothy than thick).  I will have to try it out, and see in what ways it can be used and what ways not. lol  I figured if I would have used it I'd have mixed well in a small amount of cold water first and then drizzled in and stirred well and let it thicken from there....is that not how arrowroot powder works?  No idea.

Oh and a milestone today. I made homemade mayo for the very first time!  It turned out well and I even made a semi ranch.  I plan to use the plain  may for a batch of tuna salad with hardboiled eggs, pickles, celery,  and salt and pepper.  I have some large leafy lettuce I want to wrap it in to try that way.  It should be pretty packable for lunches too.  Thinking since it is Friday night we will go on a picnic for a date.  I am not ready to challenge myself with eating out yet and I like the foods we have here.  So I will see how that goes.

This might seem odd to some of you, but we as a family enjoy hunting big game.  Speaking of hunting, my daughter (15) had a youth elk tag and she filled her tag last night!  We have lots of healthy meat going into the freezer soon.  Then my husband, son, and I will be hunting next week for our elk.  I really like elk meat and to be honest it is the only way we can truly afford that much meat (grass-fed all natural too!).  Even raising your own meat is really quite expensive these days.   We raised pastured chickens for the first time this year and I was surprised at what a customer base there was for it.  It was shocking how much time/money it takes to feed them and care for them.  Never will I complain about paying the prices they charge for pastured chickens, we hope not to buy them though because we've stumbled on a need in our community and plan to raise them again!  They are soooo good, just last week I did an olive oil herb/spice rub on two of them and smoked them for 3 hours and then roasted them.  They were amazing!

Ok sorry, off topic.  I do that a lot.  Thanks to those of you that shared more recipes for squash and the explanation of tiger's blood. 

I've been thinking of how to make Whole30 easy for me to keep following.  Looking at the things that have worked well and what I need to improve to keep going strong.  I think the best thing I did this week was cook up a bunch of simple turkey burgers, all week they've been a quick protein and I have dressed them up in several different ways (chopped up over a salad, with salsa on top, with traditional "burger" type things (lettuce, tomato, pickle onion with lettuce as a bun lol.  Then they've been good just plain too.  I will do that again.  I just made them from plan ground turkey with a few herbs and spices, nothing fancy.  I also made a bunch of pork steaks on the George Foreman and they were a lifesaver too (they got gobbled up faster by the family though).

The next thing I want to do is make up a large batch of tasty veggies of some kind to dish out of for various meals.  The cooking gets time consuming and I want there to be good foods to choose from in a hurry if I need it.

Thanks for hanging in there while I ramble. lol

The same time I made that recipe, last month during my first whole30, I also had made a batch of ghee that I cooked to the brown butter phase before straining out the solids.  I can tell you, I still long for that ghee.  Delicious.  I mixed that with my acorn squash and filling - heavenly.

My current batch of homemade ghee is normal yellow but I'm thinking I'm going to make up some browned ghee today, with all this talk about squash.

That sounds delicious.  Is that what all brown butter is?  I've seen that as an ingredient at restaurants?  

Biggest take away from Week One (almost) - I need to plan better.  I ran out of time on Sunday & was overwhelmed with all of the possible meals, recipes, meal maps, etc.  So I just got things on suggested shopping lists & decided to wing it all week.  That was a better idea to me than waiting a week & planning instead.  But in reality that has looked like me cooking every single meal, which has been quite the challenge.   

My mom lives with me & takes care of the kids for the moment.  But this week, she's in Mississippi visiting my dad.  On one hand, it was overwhelming because I lost a few hours every day taking the kids to & from school.  On the other hand, it was a  blessing to have an empty house while I cooked & ate most meals.  I played music during the cooking & then ate in silence - enjoying each bite & praying that I would continuously be reminded that I need the Lord just as my body needs real food!  

Today the cooking didn't seem so overwhelming - I guess I'm getting used to it.  But I think planning will yield better & more interesting results and more time in my day.  I spent way too much money, but I was stocking my kitchen with all of the pantry items, and this will likely go down with planning.

My skin has gotten a bit worse; I have a few pimples popping up, and I normally don't have any.  But I hear that's normal. 

Something weird is going on with my eyes - they seem more sensitive - while looking at the computer & while driving.  Can't really tell what's going on there, but I seem to be squinting more.

I have noticed an intriguing relationship between my mood/energy & my meals.  Like around lunch time, I felt very tired & sad, but as soon as I started cooking & especially after eating, my mood/energy were elevated almost immediately.  I was skeptical about my observation until I read something similar here (thanks whoever that was).  I love this by the way - it's awesome to have support for this challenging life change.  Thank you all for sharing your experiences!  

I'm also more tired I think.  Several minutes ago, I almost fell asleep posting something on my phone while my kids were watching a movie.  I know I need sleep, but it looks like now I'll actually need to listen to my body when it tells me so.

I have not been craving any sugar or bread.  My roomie was just telling me about an event she went to & what she ate, and it didn't phase me.  My biggest challenge so far has been preparing meals for my kids.  I have had to fight myself from putting a piece of cheese in my mouth - solely out of habit of just grabbing whatever is there & putting it in my mouth.  The other challenge is not tasting the food I'm serving at my catering events.  Not because I really want to eat it but because it's second nature for me to do quality checks.  I actually do think I'm kind of being a bad business owner right now because I'm not doing those.  But I think I can be that bad one for a little bit while I get my body in the right shape.  That will make me an excellent business owner.  

Overall I'm quite pleased with the challenge.  I am enjoying delicious food.  I love the bonding time with my kids, & I look forward to more cooking lessons & talks over good meals.  I'm hopeful that we will improve our whole family's eating habits.  I feel better about myself & more accomplished when I create something I like to eat.  I feel like I am honoring the body with which I've been blessed.

Zebarah,
Please don't feel jealous of different people progressing along the time line at a different pace.  I felt really bad the first time around when everyone was reporting how great they were feeling.  I was still feeling pretty low.  It took me to day 17 to start feeling well at all.  Then the door slammed open, and I was there.  It could take twice that long.  It only took me seven days to drop back to old habits, and realize that I need to stay on this to feel well.  Now any time I see food that is tempting, I am reminding myself how valuable sticking with this is for me personally.  Thirty days just isn't enough for me to "get it".  Just keep swimming!

Amy,
I have used arrowroot powder.  It worked ok.  Just know that when you first add it it will thicken as much as it is capable of, right away.  If you continue to keep it on the heat it will thin back down.  

Sara,
I loved loved loved the paleo pad thai.  I used homemade almond butter.  I didn't have the sun butter, nor have I found any at my local stores.  I did read a comment on the recipe page that suggested using a combo of almond butter and tahini.  Also, I made extra sauce to dip chicken tenders in.  And brocoli.  And and and.  I will try a little tahini in it next time.  

Jules,
I love to make extra and have something available for last minute meals later in the week.  I have been finding myself prepping the next day's dinner while cooking today.  So when I get home I have dinner less than 30 minutes to eating.  I also have a number of packets of food in the freezer.  

Jewel,
Were you refering to me, and noticing that if I hurt, or felt really bad I needed to eat?  On day three I went for a walk/run, while my husband was at swim class.  I was miserable the whole time I was out.  Then I was in more and more pain the longer I had to wait for Mike to finish his class.  Then wait through the shower and dressing time.  By the time we were on the way home I could barely sit in the car.  I was crying, and in a ton of pain.  I was thinking that there was no reason to continue with this.  Nothing was worth feeling that way.  I was looking for anything to keep me busy until we were home and I could get out of the car.  So I ate the food in the cooler at my feet.  When we pulled into the driveway I had finished eating.  I wasn't sure how I was going to walk into the house.  But I did.  By the time I changed my clothes I was feeling a bit better.  I washed my face, and thought maybe I could pack my lunch for the next day.  And so on.  It took like 15 minutes to go from wrything pain, to organized.  It was an amazing eye opener.  That was about five weeks ago.  It was a lesson well learned.

Day five in the books.  I am a bit more tired than I felt at the end of my first round.  I am also hungry a coulle hours before lunch.  That is unusual for me on this eating plan.  I have increased my protein a bit, but that is not working so far.

B one chicken apple sausage, 2 small eggs, 1/2 sweet potato shredded into hash browns.  Green salad with 1/2 small avocado.  

L cauli rice saute'd with carrots, onion, celery, and peppers, with 5 thai turkey zuchini meatballs.  20 grapes, cashews

D Paleo Pad thai, banana with one tablespoon of coconut butter.    

Out of curiosity, what is/are carluccios?

As Amberino suggested this was at a Carluccio's restaurant. Sorry for the missing Capital C! 

Lovely food and this salad is as compliant as you can get outside the home.

This is from their website

Poached chicken salad with roasted hazelnuts, prunes, green beans and mixed leaves with balsamic dressing.

And this is the guy behind it all

I was going to ask sharyn if she meant the Italian restaurants in the uk - they had restaurants with more "gourmet" type grocery items in a little shop at the front. I had some great meals there! :)

we are lucky to have one in Exeter and they usually manage to squeeze me into a corner if I am lunching on my own :)

Today is day 3 today and I woke up super early feeling wide awake and ready to go! Hopefully this feeling stays all day (we'll see). Yesterday was kind of frustrating- I went grocery shopping and spent more money than I was planning to on groceries. And, I still forgot a few items and need to go back for those. I think I will have to start estimating prices from my lists to stay on budget. I'm a grad student without a paying job, so budget is a huge issue for me. I didn't realize how expensive this would get without the farmers market.

ThoughtsfromJules- great picnic date night idea! I've been trying to think of things to do with the fiance because its so hard to go out to eat (especially since I live in WI). People kind of freak out when I say I can't have grains or dairy (meaning cheese and beer). So, I think next week we'll try the picnic idea.

Ok sorry, off topic.

It's great to hear how others live and spend their days and make Whole 30 work for them.  Please don't apologize for that!  My brother-in-law is a huge hunter/fisher guy and my sister always has venison, bear and fish galore in her freezer.  I'm envious that she has an easy, automatic, mostly free (they pay for the butchering process for the venison and bear) protein source 3 nights a week.

The next thing I want to do is make up a large batch of tasty veggies of some kind to dish out of for various meals.  The cooking gets time consuming and I want there to be good foods to choose from in a hurry if I need it.

I like braised cabbage and you can pop it under the broiler and it turns out great every time.  I like this one http://nomnompaleo.com/post/1356598429/worlds-best-braised-green-cabbage and I've done it with red cabbage and I've thrown in other root veggies with it.

I also like to roast a medley of zuchinni, yellow summer squash, red onion, asparagus, yellow, red or orange bell peppers with just a bit of olive oil and your favorite seasoning.  I like Jane's crazy mixed up salt (I found it at Whole Foods).  That reheats well and tastes great with everything including breakfast.

I also make a batch of krispy roasted kale every week (I like the lacinato best for the krispy version and I cut away all the ribs).  I did it with ghee this week since my pork lard isn't compliant, but like lard best.  I love it with an over easy egg (the kale tastes great dipped in the yolk).

Day five in the books.  I am a bit more tired than I felt at the end of my first round.  I am also hungry a couple hours before lunch.  That is unusual for me on this eating plan.  I have increased my protein a bit, but that is not working so far.

I'd increase fat at breakfast.  (and keep the protein the same)

Today is day 3 today and I woke up super early feeling wide awake and ready to go! Hopefully this feeling stays all day (we'll see). Yesterday was kind of frustrating- I went grocery shopping and spent more money than I was planning to on groceries. And, I still forgot a few items and need to go back for those. I think I will have to start estimating prices from my lists to stay on budget. I'm a grad student without a paying job, so budget is a huge issue for me. I didn't realize how expensive this would get without the farmers market.

It's ridiculously expensive, but have found that I have very little waste now.  (very little waist too  :) )  I used to throw out leftovers and unused past-its-prime produce all the time.  I don't even remember the last time I threw something away!  This morning I ate a tiny little portion of leftover pad thai with my breakfast because it wasn't big enough for a meal, I haven't been hungry for snacks, and I wanted to get rid of it before it went bad.  (I made it on Wednesday and figured today was its last day.)  Not eating out is a huge money saver for me. 

Enjoy the weekend!  Be strong.  Be healthy. Be proud of everything you do. 

I started October 14th as well.  I'm doing the autoimmune version to hopefully clear up my psoriasis.  I do not want to lose weight.  I did a detox diet last year that really helped.  How is everyone feeling?  I don't feel right.  I am constantly feeling hungry and my heart feels like it is racing.  Is that normal?  

Archived