The post workout "bonus" meal

juju

I work out first thing in the morning, usually fasted or after a HB egg. I work out at home so after my workout I have breakfast within 15-20 minutes or the time it takes to get it together. It doesn't seem necessary for me to have a mini post workout meal and then eat a real breakfast a bit later. ISWF suggests the bonus meal after a workout followed by a normal meal a bit later. I may have missed something but it seems like I am getting the post workout nutrition within a reasonable window by just eating breakfast and the bonus meal would just be in excess. Yes? No?

Does your post workout mini meal just contain lean meat and a starchy veg? I think that's the point of it. Something your body can process quickly, but not as quickly as fruit. A lean protein + starchy veg is not enough for me to be satiated until my next full meal, hence my real Meal #1 is eaten 75-90 min after my post WO meal. That is where I will get those satiating fats. However, it probably depends on each person whether or not this works. I prefer it because I have noticed my hunger levels aren't out of control all day.

juju- your meal sounds good to me...unless there is a lot of fat in your slaw? If so, try taking that out and see how that effects your hunger.

If you PWO meal is lean and starchy that's great. If it keeps you full until lunch than I don't see a problem with it. You don't want force feed...the main idea is listening to your body. Make sure you are eating enough at lunch.

Great, thanks for the feedback. The slaw is just straight up broccoli slaw. I don't add any fat to the PWO meal, all the fat comes from what is naturally in the egg and sardines (packed in H2O).

Archived