Whats your favorite workout?

ginjaswag

I am just wondering what some of you whole 30'ers out there like to do for your exercise. I JUST ran my first marathon, glad that's over with so I don't have to do it again, hah :) no I actually enjoyed it but man seriously who has time or wants to go for a 3 hour run on a sunday...NOT ME!! I love the results from lifting, as I want to lose fat and get some definition, but I always get overwhelmed at the gym and which muscles to workout and  how to separate my workout days etc. thought about yoga since im rather tightly wound ( whole 30 should help though because I also decrease my caffeine consumption) but I am just wondering what other people out there like doing or what exercise routine they are in.

If you want to lose fat, get definition and completely change your physique, get in the gym and lift weights. If you're unsure of what to do, get a trainer to write you a program and show you what to do. I lifted weights and did very little cardio to completed change my physique and lose 25kgs of fat...as well as changing my lifestyle/nutrition

I'm scared of the gym too :lol: I did go regularly some years back, but i can't seem to get back in the groove. I'd love to try CrossFit, but can't afford it... So i do kickboxing once a week, & a yoga class once a week - and next week I'm trialling Nordic walking (think skiing without skis!) & Brazilian jiu jitsu (throttling people). Just for a giggle :)

I love Body combat classes... I'm too slow to run marathons (well done gin!), my moderate pace today was only 8km per hour :(... Hopefully that will improve again when I lose some weight! Going to take Amber's advice and add in some more serious lifting to get some fast results.... Rather than the toning stuff I do intermittently....

I have never been athletic before so for me the most important thing is that it's fun.  When I first attempted to be a runner (4 years ago or so) I ended up giving up because it was the only thing I was doing and I would skip days because my knees hurt or because the treadmill is boring as hell and eventually just sort of gave up.

So last summer I bought a bike.. then I started running again as cross training to be better at cycling.  then the winter came and I bought a weight bench and an indoor trainer for my bike to cross train during the winter.  All of a sudden on any given day I had 3 different options for exercising so if I got bored of 1 I just did something else.

So strangely enough, running now seems to be my favorite exercise (outdoors, not treadmill).  While training for my duathlon (which is next week) I knew the cycling wouldn't be a problem (only 10.5mi) but the running was going to take a lot of work.  Now I am running faster and further than I ever could before!

My favorite exercises have always been martial arts. Particularly weapon drills with traditional weapons, but I'm usually open to learning just about anything.

More recently, I love the upper body workouts from the Body Beast program. Used to enjoy some of the P90X videos too.

Archived