Starting today! Anyone else with me?

ew296

I'm  starting today and am really excited!

So far today I had scrambled eggs and avocado for breakfast, a small apple and small banana pre work-out sweet potato and tuna Post work-out and i'm just about to eat a bolognaise for lunch with just mince, courgettes, onios and chopped tomatoes.

I feel great!!

Anyone else starting today would be great to have some buddies!

Hi!

Just a couple of things..

Do you have a copy of the meal template?

http://whole9life.com/book/ISWF-Meal-Planning-Template.pdf

Your breakfast had no vegies - aim for 2-3 cups per meal! Lunch needs fat! Try and stick to the template for every meal.

Your preWO should be protein and fat, no fruit/carbs. PostWO should be lean protein with starchy vegie carbs (your sweet potato was perfect) with little to no fat. Fruit isn't recommended pre or post - save that to have with a meal, not as a separate snack on its own.

Hi thanks so much for this advice. I forgot to say I cooked my lunch in coconut oil and the mince is also quite fatty so I think I got my fat in. I will check the meal templates again and make sure I stick to it better. 

Hi. Thanks for your message - I'm sure you will be a great encouragement to me and I hopefully for you! Pouring with rain here at the moment and its just the weather I normally would bake some great comfort food (scones, cakes) so focusing on a great roast chicken instead!

Lol...yep comfort foods on a rainy day takes on a whole new meaning! Made two soups and Firecracker tuna this morning...feeling pumped but know that feeling is not going to last 30 days! I'll be thrilled if it lasts all week!

Well I've done 3 days now and going strong. I think what this has made me realise is all the small picking I do because I've had to stop myself a few times. I always wanted that bit of self control and now the whole 30 is that control and I'm hoping it will be a natural habit. I have gone from eating sporadically/not properly/adding sweeteners and occasional binges to eating three proper meals a day and really enjoying food. Here's an example of what I've been eating:

Breakfast: scrambled eggs, mackerel, courgettes leeks and spinach

Lunch : salad with avocados cherry tomatoes apple olives cucumber and tuna/ham

Dinner: homemade Bolognaise just with mince, chopped tomatoes and tons of extra vegetables

Snacks: almonds, almond butter, apples, banana, cucumber

Dessert idea: berries and a small dash of coconut cream

Also adapted well to black tea and surprised at how much of a big deal condiments were to me (mayo horseradish ketchup etc). I'm now flavouring my foods with garlic, spices and herbs and find I don't need the extras as much now.

I actually feel so much better already and I'm so motivated. I've got passion for cooking and preparing and even if I'm not starving at meal times I know what I've got is so nutritious it won't harm me so I'm eating it. I've got myself so out of tune with my hunger signals I'm never massively hungry so eating just when I'm hungry or having that as a prerequisite will, for now, perpetuate my vicious cycle and ultimately my bad relationship with food so I really think this programme is going to lift me out of that as I'm training myself to eat normally and I hope that the signals will come back now and I can develop a better attitude and more intuitive eating.

I've also been doing a good gym workout every other day.

Pre gym food: boiled eggs and mackerel

Post gym food: sweet potato, tuna and courgettes

I feel better in the gym and more alert in general. I'm eating about 150g of carbs on gym days and 75 on rest. I'm gonna keep posting every few days but I'm so set to stick to this fully and entirely for the next 27 days!

Well I've done 3 days now and going strong. I think what this has made me realise is all the small picking I do because I've had to stop myself a few times. I always wanted that bit of self control and now the whole 30 is that control and I'm hoping it will be a natural habit. I have gone from eating sporadically/not properly/adding sweeteners and occasional binges to eating three proper meals a day and really enjoying food. Here's an example of what I've been eating:

Breakfast: scrambled eggs, mackerel, courgettes leeks and spinach

Lunch : salad with avocados cherry tomatoes apple olives cucumber and tuna/ham

Dinner: homemade Bolognaise just with mince, chopped tomatoes and tons of extra vegetables

Snacks: almonds, almond butter, apples, banana, cucumber

Dessert idea: berries and a small dash of coconut cream

Also adapted well to black tea and surprised at how much of a big deal condiments were to me (mayo horseradish ketchup etc). I'm now flavouring my foods with garlic, spices and herbs and find I don't need the extras as much now.

I actually feel so much better already and I'm so motivated. I've got passion for cooking and preparing and even if I'm not starving at meal times I know what I've got is so nutritious it won't harm me so I'm eating it. I've got myself so out of tune with my hunger signals I'm never massively hungry so eating just when I'm hungry or having that as a prerequisite will, for now, perpetuate my vicious cycle and ultimately my bad relationship with food so I really think this programme is going to lift me out of that as I'm training myself to eat normally and I hope that the signals will come back now and I can develop a better attitude and more intuitive eating.

I've also been doing a good gym workout every other day.

Pre gym food: boiled eggs and mackerel

Post gym food: sweet potato, tuna and courgettes

I feel better in the gym and more alert in general. I'm eating about 150g of carbs on gym days and 75 on rest. I'm gonna keep posting every few days but I'm so set to stick to this fully and entirely for the next 27 days!

How do you know your carb amounts without tracking? If you are logging your food, please stop! It isn't part of the whole 30 - there's no macro guidelines! Eat to feel good :)

Is your ham compliant?

If you are actually hungry between meals? Ask yourself if you're hungry enough to eat a bland meal of steamed white fish and broccoli. If so, have a mini meal of protein, fat and vegies, not fruit and nuts.

I'd also scratch the "D" word - they aren't part of the whole 30. If you're in the habit of having something sweet after dinner, consider avoiding fruit. Include it with your breakfast or lunch instead to break the association.

I'm rarely truly hungry because I'm so out of sync with signals. Ham is compliant.

I'm not even in the habit of sweet things. I've come from a 20g of carbs a day diet onto this so thT had no room for fruit let alone pastries. This is why I'm enjoying the freedom and whole aspect of this. The reason I know my carb intake is because I have to make sure I get enough for my new training programme. I have carb-fear from years of low carbing/thinking they are the enemy. When I first started doing weights, afterwards I would be spaced and have brainfog all day because despite trying to eat more I still wasn't so it's really important for me whilst I'm starting out to make sure I get enough. I'm nt tracking calories or weighing myself or anything else. that is also why my snacks tend to be fruit because I need to get some carbs somewhere and find it hard to do at meal times.

I appreciate your advice ad understand the moderation but I feel like this programme or whatever I believe to be this programme has lifted me out of a negative relationship with food in 3 days which has gone on for 4 years. Id appreciate your comments to be slightly more positive because setting hugely perfect expectations is what perpetuates negative eating habits and people to lose willpower. I felt so good when I wrote the post and now I feel like I'm

Not doing anything right and should I give up or start over which is not good for mindset.

My apologies - that wasn't my intention at all. There are guidelines for a reason though, and doing a whole 30 means you follow all of them to get the most benefit. Many people complain that they don't feel the benefits, but are "cheating" themselves in one or more areas.

Have you tried eating more carb dense vegetables? Your meals seem to be lacking in them - you could add lots of sweet potato, butternut, carrot, beetroot, parsnip, turnip, pumpkin etc. that would easily get your carbs up.

(I'm not on a whole 30, and working with my coach for comps coming up. I have to track my macros - I eat 170carbs a day at a minimum and on my low day I have fruit once or twice with a meal. The rest is vegetable! It's not hard to get that amount in!)

Archived