First whole30... Started Oct 12th.. Fed up of being controlled by sugar

Potamus

So today was a tough day. Frustrating really. Despite all my calls, emails and confirmation on checkin they still though potatoes. Cous cous and cream were ok. Oh yes a sorbet to finish is apparently the healthy option!!

So in the end I had a homemade scotch egg for breakfast while driving in the car ( tomorrow I have some carrots to come too!), lunch ended up being the driest hardest chicken breast grilled with steamed vegetables (cold)... Not the best success in the world! Dinner was cous course starter ( obviously not eaten!), followed by chicken, potatoes and cream ( obviously not eaten!) however their second attempt was actually quite nice.. Green beans, chicken breast and puréed tomatoes. On that brightside persistence seems to being working but for a reserved English person sending food away was quite embarrassing. But my health is more important!

I'm shattered but still, miraculously, 100% compliant!!!

Sam-I-Am - thank you for your comments and for reading!

Day 11 done. The hotel are getting a bit better with the food though do insist on trying to give me potatoes! I avoiding eating them and didn't feel hungry today.. So wasn't tempted by the afternoon cakes. So tired though.. Doing this meeting with only .a small amount of caffeine is so difficult but I am noticing no energy dip in the afternoon. Hurrah!!

Day 12 done. Forced some ham and salad down me at 630am while in a traffic queue... Salmon fillets for lunch and reheated cottage pie for tea ( I skipped tonight's social.. I just wanted a good meal). My veg intake has been down but at least I've not fallen off the programme. It's a buffet tomorrow night so I'm planning on an omelette for breakfast, lots of salad for dinner and who knows for lunch. At least only 2 more days to go. It's really hard staying compliant when everyone is tucking into the nice desserts. I'm missing soft drinks at the moment.. Oh for a 7up!!

Pleased that waking up in the morning seems easier and although I'm shattered there is a reason for this as opposed to the sugar 'come down' i have been used to!

Day 13... Ok but so tired from this conference. Just I day to go. I'm getting v bored of salmon fillets with salad.. Must have had it for 3 meals in a row! But I've not given up. Not even when the workshop organiser put chocolates in my hand for a good answer!! Boy that was tough.

I'm hoping after lots of sleep I will realise all the boundless energy I have on Saturday.

I'm looking forward to cooking something nice as a treat for surviving this week.

Day 15 done, tiredness over thanks to a huge sleep and my period has arrived with v little cramping.. Hurrah.

Breakfast was boiled eggs ( that's all that was left in the house after my busy week).

Lunch was salmon sashimi with radish. No soya or wasabi so slightly odd but the lemon really helped.

Half naked bar this afternoon prior to good shopping so I wasn't tempted. I couldn't eat a full one as it was too sweet. How funny is that.

Tonight was back on plan with the meal planning, a burger, huge salad, fresh spinach and guacamole. Yum.

Tomorrow my parents are coming down so I'm going to cook them a whole30 roast chicken meal without them realising. Hopefully!!!!

Day 17 and I've decided to move house. A buzz are side effect of taking control of one area of your life and the rest wants to get into shape too!!

Only put this off for 9 years! Lol

Struggling a bit with getting excited about food at the moment, just feel in need of a really yummy meal. I think this is a hangover from 'ok but boring' food at the conference.

However still compliant, determined and tiredly enthusiastic if that makes sense!!!

Day 21 and I'm going through a bored stage! I'm not sure I'm really lost much weight but my clothes feel a little looser. I'm missing potatoes and cheese but less so bread. A small piece of chicokate would also be nice but interestingly I don't fancy the exhaustion that comes from a large bar.

My meal portions have decreased and I can tell full v hungry now but I'm still rubbish at planning and keep finding that I miss lunch. Sigh.

However this has spurred me on to move house so v much enjoying that.

Worryingly I've started to count down... 9 days to go. Bit worried I might blow it all on day 31!!

26 days completed and I can now fit into my old jeans!!!!!! I am so chuffed today. I went with my partner to the fish and chip shops but I wasn't remotely tempted...my nice fish and salad just felt so much nicer...and helps make my old wardrobe achievable again :-)

Hurrah I say, Hurrah!

So the results and I can honestly say I am stunned. I could never have dreamt of such a result...and even though its day 31 I haven't had any chocolate!!

10th Oct - Body Weight 70.8Kg or 11st 2.3lb or 156lb 13oz

11th Nov - Body Weight 63.8Kg or 10st 0.6lb or 140lb 10.5oz

I've lost just over a stone or 16 pounds or 7kilograms. Amazing. So many people have comment how wonderful I look.

My Body fat has dropped from 46.2% to 43.3% and yet my muscle has stayed steady at 22.4%. My BMI has gone from a 29.1 to 26.2.

Yes there were times during the last 30 days that I so wanted to just give in, but to feel great and to have lost weight without really dieting is amazing. The thing I am the most proud about though is that fact that I stuck it out...I can, if I put my mind to it ..do anything :-)!!!

Thank you everyone....

Archived