Sara's First Whole30

SaraRuns

Day 11

Much better sleep last night.  I think I would have slept through until the alarm, but my husband woke up to go to the bathroom around 4, so I went too.  I had trouble getting back to sleep after that.  But right to sleep last night, it was fantastic.  I tried taking the Natural Calm about an hour before bedtime, so I will do that again tonight.

Continued stomach issues.  I've given tons of thought today about Amber's suggestions.  I'm definitely going to try to cut back on the FODMAPs and if I have them, I will definitely eat them cooked.  I have to figure out my fats if I'm going to limit coconut and avocados.  I really do not like olives, but I don't mind olive oil, so will increase my consumption of that.  I'm also thinking to pick up some raw nuts and I do have a jar of compliant almond butter, although I have to be careful not to let that roll out of control.  I think tomorrow I'm going to increase my digestive enzymes to two per meal.  I'm also going to try adding ginger tea or organic acv daily.

Yesterday didn't go as planned, my parents were late getting back with my son, so I didn't have time to do my run.  I think that was for the best as I was feeling very rushed and stressed and the run would have added to that.

M1(A)-9:15: Frittata 1/8 slice (eggs, chicken sausage, spinach cooked in coconut oil), Hash about 1 1/2 cup (butternut squash, ground beef, spinach, cabbage, and onions, cooked in coconut oil), and 3/4 cup zucchini ginger soup;  Coffee with coconut milk (about 1/8 cup); 2 spoonfuls sauerkraut

M2(A)-1:45pm: Chicken Chili over cauli rice, 1 cup of cooked cauliflower and broccoli (only other option was raw cauli), 1/2 avocado

M3(P)-6:00 pm: Two eggs, with avocado and mayo over greens (in the car)

M4(P)-8:00: Maybe chicken and sweet potato, haven't figured this out, I'll need a fat...

Evening: Kombucha 1/2 bottle (no ill effects from last night, so might try this again)

Before Bed: 2 1/2 tsps Natural Calm (some weird issues with my tummy, different than before, but still not right, I'm going to back off to 2 1/2 tsp from 3)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 15

Wow, the halfway point.  So far so good, I think.  I really haven't had any trouble staying compliant.  I still miss snacking here and there, not because I'm hungry, just because.  But then I get busy again and I really like not being chained to eating every couple of hours.  I used to eat breakfast and be hungry in a minimum of two hours.  And despite the fact that I'm still tired, I definitely have more energy, which I have proved to myself by being much more productive and much less inclined to plop in front of the tube.

I'm still hoping for better sleep and better regularity. Because of going away, I already had food purchased and packed for the trip, so I wasn't able to cut back on FODMAPs as much as I would have liked.  I have been trying to make sure that when I eat broccoli or cauliflower, for instance, that I'm eating it cooked.  I'll get to the grocery store towards the end of the week and stock up on some non-FODMAP veggies.  I'm not sure if coconut is a FODMAP or not.  A list I saw had it, the non-FODMAP grocery list from this site is still allowing coconut.

I'm not going to recreate the days I was away, they are similar to what I've been eating.  But I'm getting back to tracking today!

Some things I have been doing regularly: at least two cups of ginger tea per day; 2 digestive enzymes with each meal; 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar (with mother) each morning

M1(A)-8:30 - 1/8 slice Egg frittata with sausage, spinach, and broccoli; a little over a cup of hash - ground beef, butternut squash, and spinach; 2 spoonsfuls of sauerkraut3; 3/4 cup cauliflower soup; 1/8 cup coconut milk in coffee.

M2(A)-1:30pm: Chicken Chili over spaghetti squash, roasted eggplant, 1/2 avocado; 2 spoonfuls sauerkraut, added sm spoonful of almond butter (don't think I had enough fat, hungry now at 4pm)

Post W/O-7:00: Chicken breast and sweet potato

M3(P)-8:00 pm: Chicken breast, peppers, zucchini, butternut squash, and broccoli in coconut oil; closed handful of cashews; 2 spoonfuls sauerkraut

Evening: Kombucha 1/3 bottle

Before Bed: 3 tsps Natural Calm

W/O: 5 mile run

Hey Sara.  Did you go somewhere fun when you traveled?  You're doing so good.  

I should know this but I can't remember FODMAP.  What is that?  Additional restrictions?

You have been regularly liking the frittata and the chili.  You wouldn't happen to have links to the recipes you are using?  I really want to find a way to like eggs.

I'm warming up to this...but I think in my second 30 days I want to try (again) to get myself running a little.  Last year I did 3 months and used kind of a couch to 5K app.  I liked it.  I also have read Chi running and that helped a lot (every time before in years past, I'd injure my knees - last year - no knee problems).  I always seem to poop out after about 3 months.  Do you have any suggestions on motivations to start again?  I think if I could ever make it to actually run a 5K....I might get hooked.  I just never make it.  I'm slow.  Not athletically inclined.  Embarrassed to run in public. Averse to cold and rain.  Oh my - I sound hopeless.  I'm probably not that bad....probably mostly mental.  Any how - I so admire your ability to do what you do.  If you have any words of wisdom....I'd love to hear them.

stubby - Thanks for stopping by!  We went to my husband's parents' "cabin" in North Central PA, close to the NY border.  I quote unquote cabin, because it is a 5 bedroom, 4 bathroom house, with electricity, heat, running water, etc.  All the conveniences of home, but a great place to get away.

FODMAPs (per Wikipedia): are short chain carbohydrates (oligosaccharides), disaccharidesmonosaccharides and related alcohols that are poorly absorbed in the small intestine. These include short chain (oligo-) saccharide polymers of fructose (fructans) and galactose (galactans), disaccharides (lactose), monosaccharides (fructose), and sugar alcohols (polyols) such as sorbitolmannitolxylitoland maltitol.

The term FODMAP is an acronym, deriving from "FermentableOligo-Di-Mono-saccharides And Polyols". The restriction of these FODMAPs from the diet has been found to have a beneficial effect for sufferers of irritable bowel syndrome and other functional gastrointestinal disorders (FGID). The low FODMAP diet was developed at Monash University in Melbourne by Peter Gibson and Susan Shepherd. [1] [2]

The FODMPAP shopping list is here: http://whole9life.com/book/ISWF-Shopping-List-FODMAP.pdf

I got the Frittata out of the book, one of the master recipes.  Do you have the book?

The chocolate chili which I love is from one of the websites I posted on your log, but here is the link: http://www.theclothesmakethegirl.com/2009/02/22/my-favorite-chili-recipe/

So good, my son, husband, and even husband's friend all loved it.

I really think that the C25K program is the way to go with starting up running.  Definitely do every other day, not every day.  That will decrease soreness.  At the end of the program, I was able to run 30 minutes straight, but it definitely wasn't a 5k.  But I did get there eventually!  If you want to wait to start C25K until your next W30, definitely start walking in the meantime.  It will get you used to regular activity and then it will just be switching up that activity.  As for the embarrassment, honestly, I was embarrassed at first too, but I slowly came to realize, no one cares what I'm doing out there.  I have never had another runner say anything negative to me, never.  And when I see someone out there doing run/walk, or sweating out slow paces, I have nothing but respect, because I know how hard it is to get out there, especially in the beginning.  I honestly never thought I could run, but here I am, running!  Get out there, I know you can do it!   :D

stubby - The frittata is great, as you can use whatever meats and veggies you like.  I definitely do more veggies than called for.  Just get out there and get moving!  Is that your dog?  So cute!

I'm adding this from the support thread, for reference:

I had a surprising rough patch last night.  Things started with lunch, which maybe was a little light on fat and veggies.  I was really hungry by 4 (lunch at 1:30) and nothing compliant at work to eat.  Actually, things probably started before that, work stress and a bad night of sleep both added to the issue, I think.  Got home around 6, starving.  I was supposed to run, but decided it wasn't a good idea, since I was running late and really hungry.  

Then I putzed around instead of getting food ready immediately.  By the time I had food ready, it was 7.  I was no longer hungry, but I almost broke down in tears staring at my giant plate of food.  I couldn't decide if I was allowing W30 to be an excuse to be lazy (not run) or if not running was the right decision.  I was worried because I really don't have any more veggies in the house (especially non-FODMAP veggies) and no idea when I could get to the grocery store.  I was paralyzed.

Finally I started eating and things came back together.  I'm still a little surprised at how emotional I got and how hungry.  For the most part I haven't even been that hungry when it is time for my next meal.  Very strange.  I'm still concerned that I'm using W30 as an excuse to be lazy.  I've taken a lot of days off from running, which I don't like.  I tend to like to sit on my butt, and I don't like getting out of the habit of my schedule.  But I also want to take care of myself and not add to much stress while going through this process.  Not sure how to handle this.

I did decide that I'll run to the grocery store at lunch just to pick up enough veggies to get me through until I can get out for a real shopping trip.  Anyway, sorry for the novel.  Just wanted to throw it out there, since this really hit me from out of nowhere.

Day 16

So after my rough patch, things were fine.  I actually slept great last night, but still woke up tired.  Otherwise feeling okay.  I will get my run in tonight.  And I am running out at lunch to grab veggies and pick up a salad to bulk up my lunch today.

M1(A)-10:00(aack!, see work stress) - 1/8 slice Egg frittata with sausage, spinach, and broccoli; a little over a cup of hash - ground beef, butternut squash, and spinach; 2 spoonsfuls of sauerkraut3; 3/4 cup zucchini soup; 1/8 cup coconut milk in coffee.

M2(A)-1:30pm: Chicken Chili over spaghetti squash, small amount of roasted butternut squash, salad with O&V and 1 HB egg, 1/2 avocado; 2 spoonfuls sauerkraut, closed handful macadamia nuts

Post W/O-7:15: Chicken breast and sweet potato

M3(P)-8:15 pm: Not sure, I think I better grab some protein at the grocery store... Two chicken and mushroom sausages, stir fried bok choy and spinach, closed handful cashews

Evening: Kombucha 1/2 bottle

Before Bed: 3 tsps Natural Calm

W/O: 5 mile run

Hey Sara. I had a good day. After my near breakdown yesterday. I feel like I'm back on track. I think my problem was poor planning over the weekend. I didn't eat a good breakfast and it all went down hill and yesterday I was just at war with the sugar demon! The negative thoughts alone had me almost caving. Today I had a huge sausage with spinach and felt sated all day until I was able to get my 2nd meal in at 1:30 paleo chicken salad on a bed of baby greens and red wine dressing. Again I didn't have the 2:30 slump. It weird, but nice to not have that slump period anymore. I munched on Apple and cashews on the way home, but thought I really didn't "need" it. I made paleo taco salad for 3rd meal and the boys ate it all. (Wow) I feel reenergized about the change and happy with results I already see. Energy-even all day, running has improved some.(training for my 4th marathon), at least today no sugar demon. Hubby has started to reduced grains and has been asking about paleo more. This was a good thing. I even feel ok about Halloween coming up.

Jo - Yay on a good day, I. Know you needed that! Being prepared and eating good meals seems to be key. I think if you aren't hungry, you should try not to snack between meals. It allows your body time for proper digestion. Beating back those demons is so huge!

Day 17

Copied over from the support thread:  I reall

So what a difference a day makes!  Yesterday I changed my lunch a bit which held me over fine.  I went for a run, a nice 5-miler, and for the first time since I started W30, I didn't crash on the big hills on the last mile home.    :D  That felt great.  I had my post-wo snack and then a good dinner.  I was pretty tired by 9 and was in bed by 9:30.  And I slept great!  I'm still tired this morning, but I've had a lot of bad sleep lately, so it will take me awhile to get adjusted.  So all in all, a pretty great day yesterday.

I really want to reduce my FODMAPs because of the continuing digestion issues (better, but not close to good).  Breakfasts are my main problem at this point, because I pre-made my work breakfasts before I decided to try to reduce FODMAPs.  Once I get to the weekend, I'll make up some new batches, sans FODMAPs.  I will probably keep the coconut milk in my coffee for now.  I really don't like work coffee black and I'm just not willing to forgo my coffee at this point.  However, other than breakfast, this should be a non-FODMAP day, as I got a bunch of veggies at the store yesterday.

I'm a little concerned that I'm eating too many nuts. I feel like I need the fat and I'm trying to only eat the ones on the good list - I have macadamia and cashew.  I am eating them as part of a meal, not snacking, and I am getting myself a serving (closed handful) and not having anymore.  Hopefully this is okay.

As of today I'm increasing my digestive enzymes to three per meal.  I'm also considering increasing my natural calm dosage, but I think I'll wait for the weekend, just in case of any unhappy surprises.

M1(A)-8:45 - 1/8 slice Egg frittata with sausage, spinach, and broccoli; a little over a cup of hash - ground beef, butternut squash, cabbage and spinach; 2 spoonsfuls of sauerkraut3; 3/4 cup cauliflower soup; 1/8 cup coconut milk in coffee.

M2(A)-1:30pm: Chicken Chili over spaghetti squash, small amount of roasted butternut squash, salad with O&V and 1 HB egg, 2 spoonfuls sauerkraut, closed handful macadamia nuts

M3(P)-7:15 pm: Chicken with some mayo; kale salad, stir fried jicama and green beans with EVOO; closed handful cashews; 2 spoonfuls sauerkraut

Evening: Kombucha 1/2 bottle

Before Bed: 3 heaping tsps Natural Calm

W/O: Day off running, I think I want to add some strength training...

Day 18

Despite spending a lot of time preparing some veggies that weren't so great yesterday, I had a good day.  Food intake was good and I had a great night of sleep, although I did wake up very tired.  If I keep sleeping so well, I expect to feel better by the end of the weekend.  Tummy issues had some relief today, now if only I could get some momentum on that front...  I do think I'm adding back coconut.  The FODMAPs template on this site does not say to eliminate coconut and I just don't think I'm getting enough fat without resorting to a serving of nuts with two meals a day.  So we'll see how that goes, while I continue to try to reduce/eliminate other FODMAPs.

Tonight is a late night at work, month-end, so I'll be missing trick-or-treating.  My plan for not getting too hungry is outlined below.

M1(A)-8:45 - 1/8 slice Egg frittata with sausage, spinach, and broccoli; a little over a cup of hash - ground beef, butternut squash, cabbage and spinach; 2 spoonsfuls of sauerkraut3; 3/4 cup cauliflower soup; 1/8 cup coconut milk in coffee.

M2(A)-1:00pm: Chicken Chili over spaghetti squash with a handful of coconut flakes, small amount of roasted butternut squash, salad with O&V and 1 HB egg, 2 spoonfuls sauerkraut, half closed handful macadamia nuts

M3(P)-4:45 pm: Chicken, kale salad, stir fried jicama and green beans in EVOO,  half closed handful macadamia nuts 4 macadamia nuts

M4(P)-7:45pm: Chicken, stir fried jicama and green beans in EVOO

Evening: Kombucha 1/2 bottle

Before Bed: 3 heaping tsps Natural Calm

W/O: Day off running, working late

Amber - I pretty much use chicken breast and 90% lean beef.  I really don't know where to start with fattier cuts of meat.  That is something I will definitely consider...  I do try to have salmon one a week or once every other week, obviously the wild is a bit pricey.

Day 19

Well, my dinner last night was definitely too low in fat, I was hungry by bedtime (10) and I ate at 8.  I knew it was light on fat, but figured it didn't matter at night.  Back to staying on template!

I slept great again last night!  Still woke up tired, but at least I'm finally sleeping.

I got a new shade of nail polish.  I rarely paint my nails, but it is making me feel good to have something different, and the color is definitely fall!

Heading out to the grocery store shortly.  Guess I should be looking at some fattier cuts of meat...

Post W/O-9:30 - Wimpy workout so just a small piece of chicken breast

M1(A)-10:30 - Two chicken/mushroom sausages, two scrambled eggs, big pile of kale and spinach sauteed, big pile of peppers, mushrooms, and a little bit of cabbage (trying to put in a little at a time, because it is something no one else will eat and I hate to throw away food), two spoonfuls sauerkraut, two cups of coffee with total of 1 tsp coconut oil and some coconut milk (I've found I definitely like my eggs cooked in ghee rather than coconut oil)

M2(P)-3:30 - Tuna with homemade mayo with one egg over large salad with olive oil and vinegar

M3(P)-7:30ish - Depends on what I get at the grocery store, hopefully salmon

Evening - 1/2 bottle Kombucha

Before bed - 3 heaping tsps natural calm

W/O - 2 miles (was supposed to 6+, got caught in a bad rain storm, I might have stayed out but I was scared of getting whacked with a tree branch, I was worried about my brand new phone getting ruined, and my pants were actually falling off because they were so water logged, I'll get in a good run tomorrow)

Amber - thanks for the tips!  You've got it, my store typically carries, 80%, 90%, and 95% fat content.  I did pick up higher fat content beef this week.  I also got salmon, which I know is pretty fatty.  I didn't see any ground lamb, and I'm not too used to cooking roasts, but definitely an idea.  I'll have to get chicken thighs as well.  My brain is so used to skipping the fat, I really have to retrain myself.

I'll be back with an update later today.  My non-busy weekend got awfully busy.   :)

Day 22

Things have been going pretty well.  My sleeping finally seems good.  Last night it took me a bit to fall asleep, but once I was out, I was OUT!  I'm not having trouble staying compliant.  I am starting to think ahead to the 30 days being up and how I want to move forward.  I know my first introduction will be dairy.  I'm interested to see how that goes, although it isn't something I think I'll have all the time.  The Friday after we finish, I have a Girls Night Out.  So I'll probably have my first glass of wine that night.  Rumor has it I'll be a lightweight after 30 days without.  ;)

Running is going okay,  Not getting in as many miles, but that has been for a few different reasons, one of which is W30.  Yesterday I decided to only do 3 instead of at least 7, because we decided to take a family trip, well worth giving up the extra miles.  And I was happy that I didn't just bail on the run, 3 miles is better than none!

I think I'm going to try to start being a bit more generic in my log.  I'm not sure that the detail is necessary, and it feeds into my controlling nature.  :rolleyes:   We'll see how it goes.

M1 - Small slice of frittata, beef hash, and cauli soup; coffee and sauerkraut

M2 - Chix chili, big salad, avo

M3 - Chicken curry with kale, spinach, peppers, bok choy, and zucchini

Day 23

Woke up feeling surprisingly clear-headed this morning, that was a nice plus.  Really haven't had that since I started the W30.  Stomach troubles remain, but I'm sleeping like the dead.  I aim for a run this evening, with post-w/o meal.

M1 - Frittata, beef hash, cauli soup, and sauerkraut; coffee

M2 - Chix chili, salad with O&V, sauerkraut

M3 - Chix salad made with homemade mayo over mixed greens with O&V, small handful of cashews/almonds

stubby - No worries!

Day 24

So after a LOT of chatting with my SIL yesterday, I have decided to stop all the aids I've been trying to help my regularity issues.  Things were not getting better.  I was feeling a little crazed with 4 tsps of natural calm, 4 digestive enzymes a meal, apple cider vinegar, multiple large glasses of water in the morning, ginger tea, kombucha, sauerkraut with every meal and no relief.  So starting last night at dinner, I've cut everything out - except ginger tea, which I've always enjoyed and a couple of nice sized glasses of warm water in the morning.  I feel much more sane already.  Prior to W30, I would put 3 tbsps of flaxseed in almost boiling water, let the oil release, and then drink it down.  This kept me fairly regular - usually at least every other day.  Now I'm at every 4 or 5 days at best.  So on Friday, I'm bringing back the flaxseed.  I stopped because I wanted to give this process a chance without them and flaxseed was rated as limit use.  But I don't think this will ruin my W30 and at this point, I really need some relief.  So anyway, enough of my TMI bathroom issues!   :rolleyes:

Otherwise I'm feeling pretty good.  I had a good run yesterday, about 4 1/2 miles.  A little slump on the uphill, but not as bad as it has been.  I planned to run again tonight, but that was crushed by a play date for my son.  Ah well.  Time is really flying now.  I'm looking forward to this weekend - birthday party for my niece who just turned 1.  Then it will be Thanksgiving and then Christmas before I know it.  I need to get started on that Christmas list!

M1 - Frittata, ground beef hash, blended cauli soup; coffee w/ coconut milk

M2 - Chocolate chili, large salad with O&V, about 1/2 handful of macadamia nuts

M3 - Chix curry with lots of veggies - bok choy, kale, pepper, and cabbage.

stubby - Thanks.  I really do feel better about everything now.

Day 25

Time is ticking down...  I'm feeling fine today.  Everyone at work seems to be sick, so I'm trying to stay in my office.  I do have a manager's meeting with provided lunch, but I'll just eat what I brought.  Hair coloring and eyebrows tonight (thank goodness), so no run.

I was a little worried how I would do cutting out the kombucha at night.  That had replaced my glass of wine when it was finally time to sit down at the end of the evening.  Instead I've been drinking a big cup of tea and that has been great.  I tried switching to tea a few months ago and there was no way that was working.  Funny how this process has helped tea seem relaxing at the end of the evening.

Tomorrow I'll go back on the flaxseed, but I think I'll start with 1 tablespoon for a few days and see how it goes.  I'd like to do minimal intervention and see what works.

M1: Frittata, ground beef hash, cauli soup

M2: Chocolate chili, avo, big mixed green salad with O&V

M3: chicken (last bit I have already cooked) and ....

Day 29

Wow, where did the time go.  I have to say, the first two weeks seemed to go pretty slowly, but the last two weeks have raced by.  I think getting more comfortable with what I'm eating and how to prepare has definitely helped.  My plan post-W30 is to keep up with the meal planning/prep, as I think that will help me to stay on track.

I'm feeling pretty good.  My allergies have been killer.  One thing I've found a bit amusing is that a lot of symptoms I had blamed on drinking a glass or two of wine in the past, seem to be much more allergy related than I ever suspected.  I am still waking up with sinusy headaches most mornings and some fog.  But mold and leaves allergies are pretty severe for me.  So at this point I'm actually looking forward to freezing temperatures to set in and kill all the mold!

I am still having stomach issues, but I think that is going to take longer than 30 days to sort out.  I need to give my body more time to adjust.  Over the weekend I've added back in a tablespoon of flaxseed in the morning.  I'm going to give that at least a week before adding any more.  I still feel much better not trying a thousand remedies and who knows what is causing good or bad.  I also feel much less bloated than at the start, despite not being regular at all.

I think my energy level is pretty decent at this point.  I didn't seem to get any tiger's blood, but I don't have an afternoon slump.  I also don't feel the need to snack at 2-3pm to keep myself going.

So today and tomorrow, wow.

M1 - Frittata, ground beef hash, cauli soup

M2 - Chocolate chili, avo, mixed greens salad with O&V

M3 - Chicken....

Way to go!  I've never thought about the mold and it going a way in the freezing temps.  Is that why a lot of people feel allergies a lot as the leaves fall and collect on the ground?  Makes a lot of sense to me.

Have a great last two days.  It's got to feel good!

stubby - Absolutely.  Spring and Fall are huge for allergies.  It does feel good to have gone through successfully!

Day 30  :D

I'm still in shock that the day is here.  Although in some ways it feels a bit anticlimactic as I plan to continue on at least with no sugar and no grains.  I'm going to start with reintroducing dairy tomorrow.  I'm not sure what is up after that.  I guess I would like to know how my body reacts to legumes (peanut butter) and also grains.  Grains really just because I want to know how I will react if I end up having it somewhere where I'm not making the food (restaurant, parents', MIL's).  I do plan to not eat grains going forward, except that rare, really special occasion.

So where do I stand, before I'm influenced by weighing in tomorrow (which I know I will be, so I think it is good to get some thoughts out now): 

Energy - I didn't get crazy tiger blood energy.  I'm not jumping out of bed in the morning.  However, I have spent so much time on my feet cooking.  I also have found myself a lot more willing to get stuff done around the house.  There is more energy, it just is more subtle than I was hoping for originally.

Snacking - I have stopped snacking.  I think I may have had nuts on two occasions not with a meal (and it was maybe a half handful of nuts).  I'm super happy about this, as eating/snacking/grazing pretty much ruled my life from lunchtime on throughout the rest of the day.

Nightly wine - I was compliant and did not have any wine throughout the W30.  This was surprisingly easy.  I would say there were two occasions where I would have really liked to have a glass.  But I was able to quickly move on.  Only time will tell if I can incorporate an occasional glass of wine without slipping to nightly glass/es.

Weight - I haven't weighed myself throughout the W30.  That might have been my biggest challenge.  I know I will be disappointed if I didn't have some loss.  However, I'm trying to prepare myself now.  I have a pair of pants that were a little tight before the W30.  I decided to wear them today.  Unfortunately, still a little tight.  So I'm not expecting too much from the weight loss angle.  However, I think this is about more than weight loss.  I still think that eating whole, healthy foods is the right way to go.  And I think in time, the weight will come off.  I just might need more than a month.

Sleeping - I've always been a good sleeper.  I am sleeping good now.  I do not think that Natural Calm agreed with me.  I had a bunch of rough nights of sleep when I started on the Natural Calm.  It never helped me from a regularity standpoint.  I was up to 4 heaping teaspoons at night (well over the recommended dosage) and nothing.  When I go to the doctor in the Spring, I think I will have my magnesium level tested.  If I'm low, I'll find a different form of magnesium to try.

Headaches/fogginess - I am still having a lot of headaches (sinus) and fogginess.  I think this is due to my seasonal allergies.  I tried stopping Allegra for a night, and was sneezing by the next evening.  Hopefully come winter and freezing temperatures, this will improve.  Very interesting to note that I feel this way wine-less.

Acne - I think my face is clearer, but not clear.  Again, I'm hoping with time this improves.

Overall, although I'm impatient, I also realize that I'm not the person that things happen quickly for.  I'm just not.  So although I didn't have some of the huge changes others have had when making the change to this way of eating, I am satisfied that changes are happening and more time is needed for further changes.  So I'm going to keep on keeping on, with just some modifications/reintros to see how they react on the experiment of me.  B)

M1 - Frittata, ground beef hash, cauli soup

M2 - Tuna with homemade mayo and avo over mixed greens salad with O&V

M3 - Chicken curry with cabbage, zucchini, and kale/spinach

Archived