Did I do OK?

mags79

We just got back from a 4 day trip to Monterey. This was also our first trip in our pop up camper. I know that everything wasn't ideal, but I want to know if I was compliant enough for Whole30 standards. I packed Nick's Sticks, Larabars, homemade trail mix (is sulfer dioxide ok?), applesauce packs and some organic mango, apple, pear, kale pouches as well. I limited myself to one Larabar, and one serving of trail mix a day, and left the pouches mainly for the kids, I probably had one of each the whole trip. We ate at camp for breakfast all three days, I had eggs and kale two days and hard boiled eggs, fruit slices and prochuitto the third. Lunch ended up being our snacks, as we ate breakfast late, and we were at the aquarium during the day. Our first whole day there I plugged in the crockpot and had chocolate chili waiting for us when we got back to camp, unfortunately we got back too late to cook the sweet potatoes I had planned to have with it, so we just topped it with avocado. The second day we ate at Bubba Gumps and I had steamed shellfish and subbed the sides for veggies and asked for only clarified butter. There was corn in the veggies, which I ate around, but probably ate a kernel or two. So while I know things weren't as balanced as they could've been, did I do Ok, or should I really start over to see results?

Thanks for the replies. I'm feeling good, tired, but not excessively and I blame it on camping with 3 girls ages 3-9 and then coming home and hitting real life in full swing again (I homeschool them and tutor Math and Latin to Jr Highers at our co-op). I'm doing well with an occasional 20 min nap. Previously recovering from such a "vacation" would've required a week of LONG naps and not getting our schooling done. I'm going to call it a success and plan on reintroducing as scheduled.

Archived