Too much fat?

Natalie43

I'm coming to the end of Day 4 and I'm feeling a bit greasy after so much fat with every meal. I mean, I'm not wallowing in the stuff but I am eating more fat than I am used to and a couple of times I've felt a bit nauseated. Should I cut back a bit or persist?

I'm allergic to coconut, my main fat sources have been olive oil and whatever fat is on the protein. So tonight I had spicy roast chicken including the skin/fat and the vegetables were cooked in olive oil plus the chicken juices. It makes me crave fresh fruit for "dessert" just to cut through the grease a bit, but we're not supposed to do that.

If all you had was the skin and cooking oil, that's not excessive at all. I don't really count cooking fat as so much of it gets left in the pan.

I think its something you'll adapt to, especially as you say you aren't used to eating that much fat. Try having a fresh salad or some raw vegies mixed in with your meal. I also add lots of fresh herbs after cooking for a clean fresh taste. Citrus - like a squeeze of lemon - would also help cut through the fat

I do eat fruit after a meal, I don't consider it a desert. I'm  not having it hours later with sugar and whipped cream. And it does clear the palate.

If you aren't used to eating a lot of fat, you should try using digestive enzymes. Many people have a hard time digesting fat when first going paleo or W30.

Archived