Thorncroft Komucha Cordial

Frankiekex

Hi, I have heard and read so much about this Komucha, so I have had a look on line here in the U.K.

It is definitely not as popular here as in the states that's for sure!

I can find GoKomucha on Amazon red or green that's it, but my G it sells for £4.99 + pp 750ml.

I found this however Thorncroft Komucha Cordial, I checked on line and as far I can figure out it has been made the right way and no sugar has been added after the fermentation only some fruit juice for flavouring.

Now is his good stuff or should I not bother, I had a little taste of 5ml to 500ml sparkly water as instructions and to me it tastes very sweet - is that normal!? I didn't finish the glass as I was worried I would sabotage my W30!?

Many Thamks,

Maria

I just read the label and it looks okay to me, but recall reading that we need to avoid fruit juice.  Interestingly enough the nutritional information does not include sugars (not that that's a way to figure out W30 compatibility, but.....).  I'll be interested to see what a moderator or anyone else has to say about this.  Also, I've been hoping to get a moderators input on how often and how much kombucha is conderest complient.  I love the stuff and could drink it all day long, but my sense is that's not compacetic.

You should avoid fruit juice as a straight up beverage, but it is fine in a recipe or as a flavoring for an otherwise plain beverage. Most fruit juice flavored Kombucha is only 5% juice or less. Similarly you wouldn't want to drink a glass of orange juice but you could add a Tbs or 2 to mineral water or to a chicken marinade. Does that make sense? And the fruit juice must be 100% fruit of course.

Archived