Karyna's Post30 Day 1 (Wed 16 Oct)

Karyna

Karyna - I am so bummed out today! I fell off the wagon hard! 

M1: scrambled eggs with cheese, muffin

M2: pizza - like, regular pizza!

M3: one slice of bread with peanut butter, rice with shrimp scampi, scrambled eggs with cheese

Yes, I don't eat meat on Friday. We're very traditional Catholic (large family, communion-on-the tongue, no meat Friday, rosary-saying Catholics, lol). Our little town doesn't have a lot of restaurants so I usually eat fajitas at the Mexican place if I'm out. My plan was to go home between activities, though we live about 25 minutes from town, but I was so hungry and feeling so pressed for time, I picked up the cheap pizzas from Little Caesar's. 

I really don't want to deal with it but I'm going to start up another Whole30 this Sunday. I have the Halloween party tomorrow so I can't deal with throwing the Whole30 into the mix. But Sunday would give me 30 days before we go to the in-laws for Thanksgiving (and I won't have much control over my food). I'm just "sliding" more and more and need to get back on track in a big way - and the Whole30 has been the most successful thus far. 

I was so disappointed in my choices today that I didn't even want to post. But it helps to know that I have an accountability "partner" - even if you're doing so much better than me! 

On a brighter note - start trying again. Children are some of the loveliest things in the world! How old is Robyn? 

Glad your sight problem is fixable! 

Okay. I didn't want to write about this because I do feel so guilty and ashamed but I feel like I need to fess up.

I have fallen off the whole9 wagon.

I have fallen so far off the wagon that I can't even see it.

One hit of sugar sent me spiralling into a whole bag of cashew nuts (all 200 g of it), a 175g bag of banana chips , pitta bread and hummus , popcorn, cake, alcohol... It was like I was never going to eat again.

And I feel disgusting. Was it worth it? Now that I sit here in gross, bloated, full disgustingness ... Eh. Part of it was but then I went overboard and going overboard leaves me feeling this way.

So sugar dragon so not yet defeated.

I will get back on the whole9 and whole30 wagon. Believe me - I LOVED how I felt during whole30 and will not give that up.

Here's to a new day tomorrow.

And an update... It's the middle of the night and I had the worst shooting stabbing pains in my stomach which also made me nauseous. I was literally on the floor in my bathroom because it hurt so much.

Lesson learned. Body does not appreciate being treated like crap. :(

And an update... It's the middle of the night and I had the worst shooting stabbing pains in my stomach which also made me nauseous. I was literally on the floor in my bathroom because it hurt so much.

Lesson learned. Body does not appreciate being treated like crap. :(

sorry to hear you aren't feeling great :(

just remember...."you are not a trash can"!! that's what I think if I ever feel like eating copious amounts of junk (it happens occasionally...but I've learnt the hard way that it's not worth it!). the good thing about feeling bad is that you remember how much better you felt without the junk, and it makes staying away from the junk easier.

Amberino - thank you so much. It really helps knowing that you have been through this and you know how it feels and that everyone has their imperfect moments - that's life isn't it?

Today is a new day and starts off back on track...

Oh Karyna, I'm sorry you're feeling so badly - I hope things are better today!

I guess I'm lucky (?) in that crappy food has a more subtle ill effect on me. I've been feeling worse today and this weekend but I don't know if it's the bad food or early pregnancy. 

M1: sausage and eggs, one paleo muffin, green tea with coconut oil

M2: one hot dog wrapped in bacon, shrimp, muffin, slice of cheesy bread, package of Reese's pieces

M3: will be pumpkin chicken chili, salad - obviously I'm way behind on my veggies for today

We had our party Saturday and then I didn't do too much better on Sunday because we ate out and then ate leftovers. The leftovers are gone and I threw out the candy someone gave us. Soccer season is done = more time at home and less temptation to eat out. In-laws are headed south soon = less time navigating meals at their house. After serious consideration, I don't think I'm up for doing a Whole30 right now (since I can't even figure out how to get homeschooling, housecleaning, etc done) but if I stick with my eating at home, I should be in good shape, since I generally don't bring junk in the house. But I am dreading Halloween. 

Weird thing to note, I dropped back down to the weight I had right after Whole30? I have noticed that I usually will eat well, lose weight, stop losing weight, eat junk, lose more weight but eventually will gain everything back if I continue eating junk. It almost seems like my body likes a "carb spike" and will let go of a little more weight. But how do I do this in a healthy way? 

Karyna, I have you decided what to do about your girls' weekend?

Weird thing to note, I dropped back down to the weight I had right after Whole30? I have noticed that I usually will eat well, lose weight, stop losing weight, eat junk, lose more weight but eventually will gain everything back if I continue eating junk. It almost seems like my body likes a "carb spike" and will let go of a little more weight. But how do I do this in a healthy way? 

Sounds like a carb refeed. Not everybody responds well to them, but it might be worth trying:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/carb-refeeding-and-weight-loss/#axzz2j30MVu2c

Okay. I didn't want to write about this because I do feel so guilty and ashamed but I feel like I need to fess up.

I just want to address this because it is the biggest thing I've learned in my Paleo/W30 journey. Your food choices do not make you a good or a bad person. There is no reason to feel guilt or shame for what you choose to eat. It isn't good or bad it is just a choice. The choice you made made you feel less healthy sure, but it doesn't make you a bad person. 

Coming to this realization has brought me so much freedom!

Definitely come back to making healthier for your body choices because it will make you feel better, not because it will make you a good person. 

I just want to address this because it is the biggest thing I've learned in my Paleo/W30 journey. Your food choices do not make you a good or a bad person. There is no reason to feel guilt or shame for what you choose to eat. It isn't good or bad it is just a choice. The choice you made made you feel less healthy sure, but it doesn't make you a bad person. 

Coming to this realization has brought me so much freedom!

Definitely come back to making healthier for your body choices because it will make you feel better, not because it will make you a good person. 

Physibeth, thank you so much for this. I'm the typical type A personality - if I'm not following something through fully and completely, I feel an overwhelming sense of guilt and relate it to being a horrible person. I feel like a failure therefore bad person.

Thank you for reminding me that we are human, we make choices, and while some end up making us feel better or worse, we are not better or worse people because of these food choices.

I so needed this!! xx

Ksweet - in a sense, it was really good that I had such an adverse effect and truthfully, that's not the first time that has ever happened to me. Last night was just the first time I made the connection and want to do something about it. As for the mums knit weekend which is Nov 8-10, I am going to try and make the best choices there. But since we are all chipping in for groceries that we are all going to share, I didn't want to make too big of a fuss about it so will go a bit off plan that weekend.

I've decided to now stay on the whole30 lifestyle about 90% of the time. What makes up that other 10%? I do love my Arbonne shakes and nutrition bars and will use them but the majority of my diet will be whole30 compliant.

Today's menu:

PreWO - egg cooked in ghee

PostWO - Arbonne Protein Shake with a scoop of Daily Fiber Boost, sweet potato and cinnamon (I had looked at other foods that would be good for carbohydrates that weren't fruit as fruit shouldn't be a postWO meal, so I decided on sweet potato and it was delicious)

M1 - two eggs cooked in ghee, burnt broccoli and a banana

M2 - quick mexican salad, guacamole, half an Arbonne Nutrition Bar

Snack - half an Arbonne Nutrition Bar and cashew nuts

M3 - pulled pork & sweet potato 'sliders' and sauteed kale

Off to bed now for an early wake up call to do my workout. :)

Ksweet - in a sense, it was really good that I had such an adverse effect and truthfully, that's not the first time that has ever happened to me. Last night was just the first time I made the connection and want to do something about it. As for the mums knit weekend which is Nov 8-10, I am going to try and make the best choices there. But since we are all chipping in for groceries that we are all going to share, I didn't want to make too big of a fuss about it so will go a bit off plan that weekend.

I've decided to now stay on the whole30 lifestyle about 90% of the time. What makes up that other 10%? I do love my Arbonne shakes and nutrition bars and will use them but the majority of my diet will be whole30 compliant.

Today's menu:

PreWO - egg cooked in ghee

PostWO - Arbonne Protein Shake with a scoop of Daily Fiber Boost, sweet potato and cinnamon (I had looked at other foods that would be good for carbohydrates that weren't fruit as fruit shouldn't be a postWO meal, so I decided on sweet potato and it was delicious)

M1 - two eggs cooked in ghee, burnt broccoli and a banana

M2 - quick mexican salad, guacamole, half an Arbonne Nutrition Bar

Snack - half an Arbonne Nutrition Bar and cashew nuts

M3 - pulled pork & sweet potato 'sliders' and sauteed kale

Off to bed now for an early wake up call to do my workout. :)

Karyna, you'll probably find that you're getting enough fibre in your vegies. Adding a fibre "boost" is probably unnecessary and more harm than good. If you want to have it, try to avoid it after the workout - fibre slows digestion, do you definitely don't need extra!

Karyna, you'll probably find that you're getting enough fibre in your vegies. Adding a fibre "boost" is probably unnecessary and more harm than good. If you want to have it, try to avoid it after the workout - fibre slows digestion, do you definitely don't need extra!

Thank you Amberino! That I did not know - I will stop including the Daily Fiber Boost. I guess it was a habit to include it as I was not getting enough fruit and veg before.

Just had an unplanned team lunch out at wagamama - which is a chain Asian/Chinese/Japanese restaurant here in the UK. I decided to let myself indulge a bit and got the Yaki Soba - with bean sprouts, whole wheat teppan noodles, and soy sauce (as honestly, there wasn't really a single thing on the menu that didn't have soy, beans or rice/noodles). Immediately my stomach was not happy... not having had beans, grains or soy in the last few months has definitely made my body more sensitive to it and made me more aware of what's good and what's bad for my body. 

Okay, that's just one meal out of the day... I will be clean and healthy for the rest! The day is not over yet. 

Thanks for the link, vkanders. It definitely sounds like my body does that but I don't know why, since I'm overweight and not doing strenuous work-outs. Why would my body crave a carb refeed? I'm not in a place where I can experiment with it right now, but it would be interesting to do it on purpose, with healthy food, one day, and see the effect.

M1: two muffins, cheesy eggs, green tea with coconut oil

M2: pot roast, 1/2 apple with 1/2 tablespoon of peanut butter, slice of cheddar

S: I'll probably need a snack because I couldn't stomach more lunch

M3: will be steak fajitas (sans tortillas) with rice, salad with avocado

I'm definitely feeling wobbly, between falling off the wagon this weekend and starting in with morning sickness. Breakfasts are hard to get down though I feel much better afterwards. I'm really craving breads and Coke, I guess because they (initially) seem easier on the stomach. 

I didn't make my marinated carrots and roasted sweet potatoes ahead of time on Sunday and I can see the result - I just don't have the energy to fix extra veggies at each meal. That's one habit I need to keep and will do better food prep this next Sunday. 

Karyna, how did the rest of your day go? Maybe a rice dish would have done better than a noodle dish? What will you do after your Arbonne products are done, since you sell them, don't you?

HI Karyn,

The rest of my day went well. I don't know why I thought whole wheat noodles would be a better choice than rice. :(

PreWO - hard boiled egg

Workout

- day 2 of Plank Challenge: 20 sec

- #jillianmichaels #rippedin30 day 2 level 1 (I am actually a bit sore from yesterday's workout which probably means something's working!)

PostWO - Arbonne Vanilla Protein Shake, sweet potato, cinnamon and water

M1 - sweet potato, parsnip, pork mince and egg casserole with spinach, and an Arbonne Herbal Tea

M2 - wagamama's Yaki Soba (I reacted badly to the wheat noodles so should have gone for the rice instead, and a bad reaction to the beansprouts and soy as well. Delicious but not good for me)

Snack - Arbonne Herbal Tea

M3 - no-bean chili over spinach with sweet potato fries, cashew nuts

I was not at all hungry after lunch which may have been due to how unsettled my stomach felt after wagamama.

I want to see how my body gets on with the Arbonne products because when they do finish and I still feel okay, I may continue to use them, and the remaining 90% of the time, be whole30 compliant. I may do a whole30/45 in the run up to Christmas then again in the New Year. We'll see.

How was the rest of your day?

Hey Karyna - how are things going over there? I haven't been posting. It seems a bit pointless when my eating has been all out of whack. I've been eating a lot of ham sandwiches??? Anything that doesn't make me gag when I think of it. But I hope things are still going well for you? 

I should be feeling better, God willing, in January and hope to start up a Whole30 at that point. 

Archived