sweet potatoes how-to?

I use the same cooking method, with 4-5 minutes for small sweet potatoes and 6-8 for medium to large sweet potatoes. I pause the microwave and flip them once while nuking. I tend to go the sweet route with ghee or coconut oil topped with cinnamon and sometimes a little cayenne pepper or chili powder.

Edit: aaannd just saw the micro only. Sorry! I'll leave the info up for anyone else that may want it. :)

I LOVE slicing them thin and frying them in coconut oil until they start getting brown. Drain on paper towels and sprinkle w/sea salt and you have yummy chips. I also love cutting them into french fry shapes, toss in coconut oil and spices like paprika, cayenne, salt and pepper. Bake at 425 for 20-25 or until done or at desired crispiness. Lastly, I love grating them and tossing them into a skillet w/veggies, meat, and/or eggs for a great hash.

Just a note - I have never been a chip, hash brown or a french fry person, so I don't consider this a SWYPO moment. I am not trying to paleo-fy non-paleo foods. I just need a different way to eat sweet potatoes now and again. Consider your own W30 goals before doing this. :)

Edit: aaannd just saw the micro only. Sorry! I'll leave the info up for anyone else that may want it. :)

I LOVE slicing them thin and frying them in coconut oil until they start getting brown. Drain on paper towels and sprinkle w/sea salt and you have yummy chips. I also love cutting them into french fry shapes, toss in coconut oil and spices like paprika, cayenne, salt and pepper. Bake at 425 for 20-25 or until done or at desired crispiness. Lastly, I love grating them and tossing them into a skillet w/veggies, meat, and/or eggs for a great hash.

Just a note - I have never been a chip, hash brown or a french fry person, so I don't consider this a SWYPO moment. I am not trying to paleo-fy non-paleo foods. I just need a different way to eat sweet potatoes now and again. Consider your own W30 goals before doing this. :)

I've never been a fan of sweet potatoes but this sounds good and will have to try it.

I baked a couple and put them in the food processor with a ripe peach and a baked green apple and some cinnamon. It tastes good and reminds me of the holidays :-)

Archived