WHOLE 100 starting tomorrow, Oct. 18th!!

littlekirbo

Hey guys!

I've been inspired by two members, Zoodles and Francsois, to start a Whole 100 tomorrow!! The 3 of us are doing it together and would love more to join! This is a huge undertaking but I believe the benefits will be completely worth it. Are you game?

-LittleKirbo

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi littleKirbo and Zoodles

I am in, and I am motivated. My reasons for doing a whole100 are:

1. My bad habits are too cemented in. Thirty days made a dent, but was not enough. It will take longer to hardwire healthy habits. Friday night beers and pizza still rolls over to Saturday beer and Pizza!
  2. Blood pressure came down, but is still too high at 132/90
  3. I weigh 90 kilograms, feel comfortable at 87 or so
  4. My mood gets better the longer I eat healthy

Some biographical info (so that it does not feel like you are talking to a computer!). I am a paramedic in rural New South Wales, Australia. I am married with a five year old daughter. I spend my time studying, just finished a master's degree in clinical epidemiology, and hope to take it further.  I read a lot, hike (doing a hike in Tasmania shortly), and like movies.

I have attached my after photo from the whole30 I finished a few days ago. Couldn't be arsed to take another, will have to do! Good luck to all, we can do it! Small investment for a healthier life, I think.

Cheers

Francsois

post-34734-0-21500900-1382048952_thumb.j

Haha well you're looking pretty healthy already Francsois! I took a before shot too but it's so depressing I'm going to just keep that one to myself for the moment....

I want to lose this 8kg or so I've put on this year, get my cravings under control, get my blood sugars well controlled again (I'm T1 diabetic) and shake off this sluggishness that I have when I eat badly.

I'm single mum to a 9 year old boy, I live in Sydney, and am just finishing up my PhD in pharmacology/looking for a job. The stress of thesis writing has made me spend my nights stuffing toast into my face as a form of procrastination...NO MORE!!  :P

Thesis writing is on the cards for me too, next year, if I get in. Met with my potential supervisors already. Wish me luck! I thought starting it healthy and with a clear head is the way to go. We will help you shake those last kilograms Zoodles!

Cheers

Francsois

Hey!

You both have great goals! I'm glad you shared a little about yourselves to make this Whole 100 more personal. I am 24. I live in Texas with my parents.(saying ya'll comes second nature to me haha) I just came home from an 11 month missionary journey to 11 different countries. Too bad we didn't make it to Australia! There were some other squads who went there though! I am currently looking for a job that will be temporary (9-10 months) and after saving up some money, I will move out! I hope to go back to school next fall and get my Masters in counseling. I enjoy going to bootcamp and receiving an abundance of support and encouragement from my teammates. I am also training for my second half-marathon in January!

My goals for the Whole 100:

-Break free from my compulsive overeating habits.

-Eat when I'm hungry and stop when I'm satisfied.

-Lose 10 kg

-Become stronger and leaner!

-Try new recipes and eat more veggies!

A little back story: I was obese for most of my life. I finally decided to get healthy my junior year of college and over the span of 2 years, I dropped almost 32 kg. In the past 3 months, I've regained 9. I'm barely 5'0 tall so gaining weight is easily noticeable. I still can't believe I've chosen to do a Whole100. This is a very bold challenge we are taking on. I'm so glad I have you two as my accountability partners. I know we can make it to January 26th without giving in!! :)

I know this might sound cheesy...but I thought it would be fun and motivating if we had a team name. What do ya'll think? Team W100?! Haha, it's ok if you'd rather not.

Francsois, how did you attach your thumbnail?

Cheers to starting our first day tomorrow!!

-LittleKirbo

Yes, I will start with you tomorrow. I think it is already the 18th I am not sure so if you already started I will then be one day behind you.

I am 62 years old. I am 40 lbs beyond a healthy weight. I am a grand mother have my own business and a dog name Opus.
I hate putting clothes on, and looking at myself.
When I hear myself say that I do make an effort to bring love back to my thinking toward myself. I know that keeping this negative self image going keeps it going and I am really a good and kind person. I know that my body has had an extreme effect on my mind and my desire to be with other people and I basically think I have let myself go so I am going to bring myself back to me.

My intention is that. To focus on myself and put my health first. 

Hey!

You both have great goals! I'm glad you shared a little about yourselves to make this Whole 100 more personal. I am 24. I live in Texas with my parents.(saying ya'll comes second nature to me haha) I just came home from an 11 month missionary journey to 11 different countries. Too bad we didn't make it to Australia! There were some other squads who went there though! I am currently looking for a job that will be temporary (9-10 months) and after saving up some money, I will move out! I hope to go back to school next fall and get my Masters in counseling. I enjoy going to bootcamp and receiving an abundance of support and encouragement from my teammates. I am also training for my second half-marathon in January!

-Lose 10 kg

A little back story: I was obese for most of my life. I finally decided to get healthy my junior year of college and over the span of 2 years, I dropped almost 32 kg. In the past 3 months, I've regained 9. I'm barely 5'0 tall so gaining weight is easily noticeable. I still can't believe I've chosen to do a Whole100. This is a very bold challenge we are taking on. I'm so glad I have you two as my accountability partners. I know we can make it to January 26th without giving in!! :)

I know this might sound cheesy...but I thought it would be fun and motivating if we had a team name. What do ya'll think? Team W100?! Haha, it's ok if you'd rather not.

-LittleKirbo

Congratulations kirbo with that massive weight loss! it sounds also like you live a life of adventure. I vote for team W100! To attach a thumbnail, click on "more reply options", and at the bottom you can attach a photo.

Cheers

Francsois

Yes, I will start with you tomorrow. I think it is already the 18th I am not sure so if you already started I will then be one day behind you.

I am 62 years old. I am 40 lbs beyond a healthy weight. I am a grand mother have my own business and a dog name Opus.

When I hear myself say that I do make an effort to bring love back to my thinking toward myself. I know that keeping this negative self image going keeps it going and I am really a good and kind person. I know that my body has had an extreme effect on my mind and my desire to be with other people and I basically think I have let myself go so I am going to bring myself back to me.

Welcome aboard tiny!

Hey!

-Lose 10 kg

-LittleKirbo

Me and Zoodles started on 18 October, you and Tiny on 19, no problem!

I'm so glad you are joining us! You can do this! I know what it's like to hate putting clothes on. Right now I have a huge pile of clothes in my closet that don't fit anymore because of the weight I've gained. I'm determined to fit back into them and feel good about my body! Remember, "Success doesn't happen overnight. Keep your eyes on the prize and DON'T LOOK BACK." It's time to be kind to yourself! We are here for you!

Hi there,

Im new to this page..but its my second round of Whole30. In your case Whole100, i said id start with you all today the 18th and then hopefully carry on until 100. Which date would the 100 days end?

I love this diet. I felt so good the first time i did it but went off track for a few weeks again and feeling awful.

I do have a few quesitons maybe you can help me out.

Is this diet the same as the Paleo diet? i cannot seem to understand?

Also are zero noodles or pasta allowed on this diet?

Are sultanas allowed?

I think i ate too much dried fruit and that kicked in my sugar dragon big time would you suggest i eliminate all together?

So many questions i know but i love it so much i want to do it well. one other concern is the lack of dairy is that not bad for our bones? just asking....

thanks and im already enjoying Day 1 xxxx

Hi there,

Im new to this page..but its my second round of Whole30. In your case Whole100, i said id start with you all today the 18th and then hopefully carry on until 100. Which date would the 100 days end?

I love this diet. I felt so good the first time i did it but went off track for a few weeks again and feeling awful.

Are sultanas allowed?

I think i ate too much dried fruit and that kicked in my sugar dragon big time would you suggest i eliminate all together?

So many questions i know but i love it so much i want to do it well. one other concern is the lack of dairy is that not bad for our bones? just asking....

The whole30 is similar but not identical to a paleo diet (paleo often allows honey or maple syrup, those are out on a whole30)

No, pasta & zero noodles are not allowed. Pasta is made from wheat (or rice) & zero noodles aren't real food.

Yes, sultanas are allowed, though as you said yourself you might want to limit the dried fruit consumption if you're battling a sugar dragon. A spoonful cooked into a curry or a tagine is fine (and tasty! :) )

Good luck with your Whole100, all of you!

Hi there,

Are sultanas allowed?

Here is the whole 9/30 take on calcium:

http://www.whole9life.com/2012/02/what-about-calcium/

Dried fruit is compliant, but consider how much you're eating. The guidelines recommend a serve of fruit with a meal - that's one piece, or a closed fist portion of cut fruit. Take grapes - a closed fist of grapes may be 10 big grapes, perhaps 15ish normal sized...and that's perhaps generous! Sultanas are dried grapes - one serve is the equivalent number of grapes, so if you can be satisfied with 10-15 sultanas with a meal, have them! If your 10-15 sultanas turns in to a handful or more, perhaps consider cutting them out.

Same applies for other dried fruit. IMO, fresh is best!

Are sultanas allowed?

Here is an overview of the Whole30 program: http://www.whole9life.com/2013/08/the-whole30-program/

Here is the meal template: http://whole9life.com/book/ISWF-Meal-Planning-Template.pdf

And if those documents don't answer all your questions, here's the "Can I Have ..." Guide to the Whole30: http://www.whole9life.com/2013/06/the-official-can-i-have-guide-to-the-whole30/

That should get you off to a good start. Of course, if you have further questions, feel free to ask.

First big challenge: I am going back to my college town for the weekend to visit some of my best friends. Traveling has always been difficult for me when it comes to staying disciplined but I AM going to stick to the Whole100! Have a great weekend team!

-LittleKirbo

I almost ate a "paleo" bread my wife made, then I remembered we are not supposed to eat paleofied breads and stuff. I remember during the Whole30 that the strict rules seemed very draconian to me, and seemed overzealous. But with all the food out there engineered to trip us up, I now realize that eating correctly, and living healthy requires that type of zeal. It is fanatical, but that is what it takes. So I feel less weird about making statements about bread I almost ate.   

Hundred days is along time, so I wont post everyday, but to keep things going I will post, even if it is inane stuff, just to keep going. B)

Cheers

Francsois

First big challenge: I am going back to my college town for the weekend to visit some of my best friends. Traveling has always been difficult for me when it comes to staying disciplined but I AM going to stick to the Whole100! Have a great weekend team!

-LittleKirbo

good luck, my the force be with you LK.

Archived