WHOLE 100 starting tomorrow, Oct. 18th!!

littlekirbo

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hahahaha OK OK! I have to make some more rules. NO SNACKING AFTER DINNER!!! Or before dinner haha. And stick to 1-2 palms protein, not 1-2 feet :P.

Thanks Francsois, needed that kick up the bum :D

“Half drunk is a waste of money.†If you are going to do something, do it right, with 100 percent commitment. 

- Leon Dreimann 

Hi all! I'm 15 days in my whole 30 and contemplating continuing on. Still too early to tell but if you're ok with it, I may join you all and extend my commitment to 100 days rather than 30. My start date was Oct. 21.

Welcome, we are two persons(I think) doing the W100 currently, we are 3 days ahead of you. :rolleyes: not much of a difference.

I love all the encouragement!! I am DEFINITELY in it for the long haul this time around. Francsois, you're right. 3 months really is not long at all. We can do this! Zoodles, I'm with you on the goal of no snacking after dinner! I struggle with that sometimes!

I love all the encouragement!! I am DEFINITELY in it for the long haul this time around. Francsois, you're right. 3 months really is not long at all. We can do this! Zoodles, I'm with you on the goal of no snacking after dinner! I struggle with that sometimes!

Yip, three months is nothing. Lets do it !!!!!!! :D

"If you don't fail regularly you are not trying hard enough things." 

- Ivan Sutherland

I would LOVE to join you in the Whole 100! I am currently finishing out day 17 of the W30 but would love to join the 100! I love all of your enthusiam and I feel it would be a great way to cement these new habits pretty solid. Also good way get through the upcoming  holidays with out going back to old habits is having support from great people like you who are doing this with you!  

Gin 

I was very tempted to cut my W100 short last night. I started reasoning again that W100 is excessive etc. But it is not, it is only three months, only good can come from it. My biggest temptation will be in two weeks time when I go to Tassie with a mate. Going to be tough saying no to a bear etc. Wil be a good test. How the others doing? LK, Zoodles?

"Our life is shaped by our mind; we become what we think. Suffering follows an evil thought as the wheels of a cart follow the oxen that draws it."

- Buddha

I would LOVE to join you in the Whole 100! I am currently finishing out day 17 of the W30 but would love to join the 100! I love all of your enthusiam and I feel it would be a great way to cement these new habits pretty solid. Also good way get through the upcoming  holidays with out going back to old habits is having support from great people like you who are doing this with you!  

Gin

Welcome aboard Gin, tell us about yourself!

I would love to introduce myself. I live in the USA and I am also a fulltime Paramedic in a busy city and work crazy shift hours. Im married and have 4 great kids. I went gluten free several years ago after having several health issues for the previous 18 years & wasnt able to find a doctor who could explain them lots of debilitating joint pain, skin rashes, iritis etc. After many hospitalizations, medications & doctors I finally found the right doctor who discovered it was related to a gluten intolerance. I went gluten free & My heatlh improved dramatically and i went from 78kg down to 54kg. I was in my best shape i had been in many years & went off all my medications. I was able to become the mom i always wanted to be and get my firefighting certification & go to paramedic school which was a lifelong dream!!! However I still was having some intermitent issues. Recently My brother & mom decided to do W30 & im 18 days into it & already seeing huge improvements no more joint pain, clearer skin, mood has improved so has sleep & energy. Im motivated & want to stick with it!! I like the idea of a whole100 especially doing it with other people like yourselves. Thats awesome a couple of you are from Australia i have wanted to go thete since i was 12 years old. Im excited to be aboard with all of you!

Gin

Hi Gin and welcome aboard! It's fantastic and really encouraging to hear you're having such great results :)

Francsois, my close calls are getting more frequent... I'm still hanging in there though! I was starving yesterday and because I've got rid of anything I can mindlessly snack on there was literally nothing to eat! Except for a bag of my son's Halloween chocolate and his cheese and bread... I almost rationalised eating some cheese and spitting it out but luckily I managed not to resort to that! Had a lot of trouble sleeping though. If I just saw some difference or positive results it would be easier to stay motivated, but I'll keep trucking along!

Hang in there Zoodles! Starving does not sound good. Eat more at meals, or continue eating between meals if it is w30 compliant. To me it is the lesser evil, compared to falling off :o . With regards to the sleeping, what is keeping you awake? Maybe a short term (few days) prescription for sleeping tablets wont harm? Still early days, I think we will start feeling like magic a few weeks in. You should try a getting a handle on the sleep thing, systematically eliminate possible causes of poor sleep. But you likely know all this already

http://www.webmd.com/sleep-disorders/features/sleep-hygiene

http://sleepbetter.org/

:mellow:

Zoodles,

That sounds tough! Last week i had a frustrating time cause my kids were all eating Halloween treats, i went to a conference at work and i had brought my own lunch because i knew chances are that the linch that would be provided would NOT be W30 compliant & it wasnt....but seeing everyone else was eating the fancy gourmet lunch that was provided, was annoting!......then the police who we work with at work had given all the guys at the station a huge bag of Halloween candy and they were eating it in front of me... yikes!! I felt like this lonely person in a world of forbidden foods! I did get through it successfully but had a melt down of frustration at one point even though people weren't doing this purposely but it felt like it was being shoved in my face.

I agree with Francsois getting a handle on the sleep. You may be right that it is cause you were hungry. I agree that do what you need to do even if it is snacking between meals on healthy on w30 approved foods. I find i have to do this at work cause often times we are so busy meals get delayed. I found homemade beef jerky is great & i made my own Lara type bars super easy just throw a handle full of dates, nuts in a food processor and in a couple minutes you have your own. I roll them into little balls and roll them in organic unsweetened raw coconut...yummy. I reserve them mostly for work emergencies when meals are delayed. I also find stretching before bed can help with getting to sleep.

Francsois how is the no coffee drinking going? Im not a coffee drinker but like my tea. I was wondering if you have ever heard of Crio Bru or organic ground coca beans instead? I have fallen in love with this drink. It can be brewed like coffee and has tons of antioxidants and theobromine which is great for you and acts similar to caffeine but without the jitters. Maybe they have something similar to it in Australia. I hope its going well for you.

We are going to this and it will be an awesome journey with all of you!!

Gin

hi Gin, I have checked out CrioBrew, looks cool. http://www.criobru.com.au/ I have not started kicking my coffee habit yet, keep delaying it. I am reluctant to go cold turkey, I need my brain currently. CrioBrew uses theobromine to get your kicks, maybe Zoodles can tell us If that is a good idea? Perhaps I can use it to tie me over until I kick coffee for good.

GIn, good on you for resisting those Halloween treats! Just hang in there. here is another double cheesy quote:

"Nothing is as simple as it seems at first. 
Or as hopeless as it seems in the middle. 
Or as finished as it seems in the end." 
         - Anonymous

Hey everybody! I would love to try W100 with you... I started on Oct 23, so today is day 16 for me; though I accidentally had something non-compliant during that time so I was planning on adding days to my W30. I would love to make it 100 days. We shall see!

Welcome treasure, the more the merrier :lol:

Yep, I am not aware of any reason to avoid theobromine - it's the feel good stuff of chocolate :) If anyone does come across any negative effects of it, please DO NOT SHARE.  :lol:

Lol! must be that there are compounds in the foodstuff we eat that could harm us is eaten in sufficient quantities. I heard that caffeine is common in plants, to deter insects etc. So we must have adapted to many of these substances. Thanks Zoodles!

Archived