WHOLE 100 starting tomorrow, Oct. 18th!!

littlekirbo

My breakfasts are variations on the same theme, usually I chop up extra vegs the night before when making dinner, then sauté with fried eggs, or sauté and make a frittata, or sauté and make an omelette, or sauté and do baked eggs.... Lol! Never scramble tho, that's a whole new exciting culinary adventure still waiting for me :P

Otherwise I do turnip hash with spinach/kale and sardines, or leftover veggie soup with whatever protein thrown in. If I'm in a real rush I chop avocado and tomato and mix with whatever protein.

So YAY, one week down! I had a minor slip up last night, I made a batch of roast capsicum and cashew sauce/dip, put a bit on my lamb burgers and then later on that night polished off the rest. I wasn't even really hungry, but I think the chocolate cake I made earlier for a school thing for my son set off my craving buttons. Disappointed but at least it was compliant food, so no cause for a start over. Hoping ill conquer the pointless eating in 93 more days!!

I dont consider that a slip really, if i feel like eating I go for it. I try to limit to meal times, but sometimes I chomp down on on whole30 compliant food if I feel peckish. In fact, i think you did something quite admirable, bake a cake and not have some of it. well done!

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eggs with some veggies or egg whites with some kind of meat. I also like almond butter with a banana or apple. I plan on making fritatta soon!! I know what you mean though. I will definitely have to get creative with changing up my meals.

Egg whites? Are you on a diet? (Joking...)

I don't think I could enjoy an egg white omelette anymore, I love the yolks too much!

I take the yolks out if I'm having eggs postWO, but otherwise, the whole lot is in my belly! I've been buying organic eggs and they taste amazing - that's another reason I don't toss the yolk, that's a whole lot of good nutrients in the bin!

I never thought I could, but salads aren't bad for breakfast - I like spinach with a mix of roasted vegies, rare roast beef, balsamic and mayo. I've also made different Thai vegie curries with coconut milk and mixed eggs through at the end of cooking.

Egg whites? Are you on a diet? (Joking...)

I don't think I could enjoy an egg white omelette anymore, I love the yolks too much!

I take the yolks out if I'm having eggs postWO, but otherwise, the whole lot is in my belly! I've been buying organic eggs and they taste amazing - that's another reason I don't toss the yolk, that's a whole lot of good nutrients in the bin!

I never thought I could, but salads aren't bad for breakfast - I like spinach with a mix of roasted vegies, rare roast beef, balsamic and mayo. I've also made different Thai vegie curries with coconut milk and mixed eggs through at the end of cooking.

i am always on the lookout for soemthing that is very quick to prepare. My wife bought " Well Fed" , great recipes, but I never make anything in it because ti takes to long!

Haha and Francsois I forgot to mention the half cup of mayo I had on the side of my capsicum sauce... Clearly I was in a fat mood. I only call it a slip up because I wasn't one bit hungry, and it was just continuing my bad night eating habit that I want to kill!

i am always on the lookout for soemthing that is very quick to prepare. My wife bought " Well Fed" , great recipes, but I never make anything in it because ti takes to long!

Try making the Sunshine sauce (use almond butter if you can't get sunbutter). It takes about a minute & makes any meat & veg stir fry into something special :)

Hi Everyone! Still here, glad you guys are too! I'm trying not to be on my phone/ computer when the kids are around so I haven't checked in for awhile! I'm so glad to be part of this group otherwise I'm sure I would have gone off track, didn't want to have to report here! I LOVE Well Fed! I use it almost every day. The only way I can do whole100 is to have food that I am really happy about eating. I usually cook a few different dinners with sides a few times a week. Then I always have something to eat. Not loving eggs so I eat my dinner foods for breakfast. My husband eats whatever I make and the kids will also, sometimes I add noodles to theirs but would like to stop doing that eventually.

I live in the US but was born in Australia. Lived there for 6 months when I was 18. So beautiful! Now my roots are deep in New Hampshire. Thanks for being here! Now if I can just control raisins....

Can I join in here? I'm starting a whole 30 (at least) tomorrow and may continue it longer if I don't feel like I've conquered my sugar demons.  I have done a successful whole 30 before and several 14 day stretches.  I'm pretty much paleo except for when I let the sugar creep back in to my diet. 

I'm tired of being tired.  I workout daily but still feel blah.  It's the sugar - I know it.  So, back to eating clean and feeling great again! Can't wait!  

As for breakfast, I do eggs often (eat the whole egg!) and whatever veggies I have from dinner.  Also, I love making frittatas for dinner and having the leftovers for a quick breakfast.  I eat a ton of wild salmon (we have a freezer full because we love to fish!) and often have that  cold with veggies for breakfast.

Plan on boiling up bunches of eggs tomorrow, making a delicious veggie soup and prepping my veggies for the week! Really going to try and limit my fruits this time too since sugars seem to be so addicting for me. 

Hi Everyone! Still here, glad you guys are too! I'm trying not to be on my phone/ computer when the kids are around so I haven't checked in for awhile! I'm so glad to be part of this group otherwise I'm sure I would have gone off track, didn't want to have to report here! I LOVE Well Fed! I use it almost every day. The only way I can do whole100 is to have food that I am really happy about eating. I usually cook a few different dinners with sides a few times a week. Then I always have something to eat. Not loving eggs so I eat my dinner foods for breakfast. My husband eats whatever I make and the kids will also, sometimes I add noodles to theirs but would like to stop doing that eventually.

I live in the US but was born in Australia. Lived there for 6 months when I was 18. So beautiful! Now my roots are deep in New Hampshire. Thanks for being here! Now if I can just control raisins....

Glad to hear you are still on track Sam ;) Wouldnt it be cool to have a personal chef that can prepare thse meals so we dont have to. That is one of the first thinghs I would do if I win the lottery :rolleyes:  

Can I join in here? I'm starting a whole 30 (at least) tomorrow and may continue it longer if I don't feel like I've conquered my sugar demons.  I have done a successful whole 30 before and several 14 day stretches.  I'm pretty much paleo except for when I let the sugar creep back in to my diet. 

I'm tired of being tired.  I workout daily but still feel blah.  It's the sugar - I know it.  So, back to eating clean and feeling great again! Can't wait!  

As for breakfast, I do eggs often (eat the whole egg!) and whatever veggies I have from dinner.  Also, I love making frittatas for dinner and having the leftovers for a quick breakfast.  I eat a ton of wild salmon (we have a freezer full because we love to fish!) and often have that  cold with veggies for breakfast.

Plan on boiling up bunches of eggs tomorrow, making a delicious veggie soup and prepping my veggies for the week! Really going to try and limit my fruits this time too since sugars seem to be so addicting for me. 

Welcome Mel, of course! We will help you along only if you help us along :)

Can I join in here? I'm starting a whole 30 (at least) tomorrow and may continue it longer if I don't feel like I've conquered my sugar demons. I have done a successful whole 30 before and several 14 day stretches. I'm pretty much paleo except for when I let the sugar creep back in to my diet.

I'm tired of being tired. I workout daily but still feel blah. It's the sugar - I know it. So, back to eating clean and feeling great again! Can't wait!

As for breakfast, I do eggs often (eat the whole egg!) and whatever veggies I have from dinner. Also, I love making frittatas for dinner and having the leftovers for a quick breakfast. I eat a ton of wild salmon (we have a freezer full because we love to fish!) and often have that cold with veggies for breakfast.

Mel, have you considered that working out every day is contributing to your tiredness? You need a rest! Are you an athlete, or do you have a reason you need to train every day?

Mel, have you considered that working out every day is contributing to your tiredness? You need a rest! Are you an athlete, or do you have a reason you need to train every day?

I do take one day a week off completely.  I am not an athlete, just someone who needs to challenge myself physically!  It's my greatest stress reduction.  Typically, I do an intense HIIT circuit for 30 minutes, 6 days a week. I will add in a short 2-3 mile run on somedays if I have time.  It's my me time so I just don't want to give it up. 

I do need to focus on sleep this time.  I need to get my butt in bed by 10 pm so that I'm getting solid rest each night.  

I do take one day a week off completely.  I am not an athlete, just someone who needs to challenge myself physically!  It's my greatest stress reduction.  Typically, I do an intense HIIT circuit for 30 minutes, 6 days a week. I will add in a short 2-3 mile run on somedays if I have time.  It's my me time so I just don't want to give it up. 

I do need to focus on sleep this time.  I need to get my butt in bed by 10 pm so that I'm getting solid rest each night.  

I am no expert, but it does sound like you are hitting it hard with the excersize. Probably end up fitter by training slightly less, if I had to guess. :huh:

I may jump in here.  I did a Whole30 with the September 9 group and then some of us continued on with the October 14 group.  I took one day off at the end of my first Whole30 but then had a bad day in the midst of my second Whole30, so today is Day 2 of my restart of my second Whole30 ....... Tired yet?

I have two children with severe ADHD.  Their behavior is so altered this month with people slipping them Halloween candy that I have vowed that I am going to start them on a Whole30 starting November 1st.  So I have a few more days to gear up to providing them with healthy, edible Whole30 meals.

I have two children with severe ADHD.  Their behavior is so altered this month with people slipping them Halloween candy that I have vowed that I am going to start them on a Whole30 starting November 1st.  So I have a few more days to gear up to providing them with healthy, edible Whole30 meals.

Hi and welcome! My son is has ADHD as well but fairly mildly (compared with his Dad anyway!). He also turns into an unbearable monster when he has junk food. I tried to switch him to mostly paleo food about a year ago, but because he is very sensitive to salicylates I found it pretty impossible. I'm working on gradually getting his tolerance to salicylates up and then I hope to get him on to the good stuff as well. Let us know how your kids go!

I may jump in here.  I did a Whole30 with the September 9 group and then some of us continued on with the October 14 group.  I took one day off at the end of my first Whole30 but then had a bad day in the midst of my second Whole30, so today is Day 2 of my restart of my second Whole30 ....... Tired yet?

here is a nice article on how to deal with food other people pass on to your kid http://www.whole9life.com/2013/10/good-food-kids-parents-plan-dealing-peoples-food-part-one/

Yes I do! But just one (double) in the morning. Wow 4 cups is a lot :) I've often thought of quitting, but I've removed so many of the little pleasures from my life that I'm keeping this one for the moment. Maybe sometime in the future I'll tackle it! I like having it to look forward to in the morning :)

Yes I do! But just one (double) in the morning. Wow 4 cups is a lot :) I've often thought of quitting, but I've removed so many of the little pleasures from my life that I'm keeping this one for the moment. Maybe sometime in the future I'll tackle it! I like having it to look forward to in the morning :)

I was having 2-3 cups a day, just because I liked it....during my whole 30 I accidentally went without for a couple of days, realised I felt no withdrawals and then had a competition with myself to see how long I could go without!

I went about 6 weeks? Maybe 5....I've added it back now, because I enjoy it! I drink less, and try to not have it at night anymore even though I never noticed it effecting my sleep.

Archived