WHOLE 100 starting tomorrow, Oct. 18th!!

littlekirbo

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good luck with the coffee divorce! Doesn't take long to get over the addiction (or so I'm told), you'll be fine!

I'm giving up eggs for a while - lately I've been noticing I feel a bit blurgh after eating them, and I haven't seen any W30 results yet. Still early days, but I'm going to see if ditching the eggs is helpful.

Haha I don't know?! Leftovers? My stomach feels a bit upset, and I feel all heavy... Not sure how to explain it. I used to not be able to eat eggs, but then magically after I got pregnant, I craved them and had no probs with them. Maybe eating so many recently (3 almost daily) has resurrected a dormant intolerance or something?

Good luck with the coffee divorce! Doesn't take long to get over the addiction (or so I'm told), you'll be fine!

I'm giving up eggs for a while - lately I've been noticing I feel a bit blurgh after eating them, and I haven't seen any W30 results yet. Still early days, but I'm going to see if ditching the eggs is helpful.

I eat a lot of eggs too, and have wondered about how helathy it is. Eating a lot of meat- I wonder what levels of harmful compounds are found in modern agricultural animals. If our fish are tainted with heavy metals because they eat plants, what are the levels of metals and other potentially harmful elements and compounds in chicken, meat and eggs? Maybe not much, otherwise we would have heard of it and have a public healthcrises on hand. But it is a intersting thought... Did our paleolithic ancestors eat meat with every meal? Also, they went for extende periods without eating anything (I suspect). Is that good or bad thing? I sometimes wonder if it is not a good idea to eat only plant matter for a day or two to replicate this. Who knows.

I definitely get over meat/animal protein if I've been having a lot of it. And outside of a whole30 I do like to have meat free days, but Whole30 is about regulating hormones etc so I think it's important to give your body a clear and repetitive message about the cycle it should be getting into. Once that's established, if you really don't feel like meat for a day or two, you probably don't need it!

But re eggs, I have a few autoimmune issues and so I've toyed with the idea of doing AIP, but love nightshades too much. Might see what cutting out eggs does for the moment! God I miss them tho already :P

I definitely get over meat/animal protein if I've been having a lot of it. And outside of a whole30 I do like to have meat free days, but Whole30 is about regulating hormones etc so I think it's important to give your body a clear and repetitive message about the cycle it should be getting into. Once that's established, if you really don't feel like meat for a day or two, you probably don't need it!

But re eggs, I have a few autoimmune issues and so I've toyed with the idea of doing AIP, but love nightshades too much. Might see what cutting out eggs does for the moment! God I miss them tho already :P

Good luck Zoodles. I might try switching around my protiens, or eating somewhat less. Dont want to end up feeling "blurgh"! :rolleyes: Since i am doing a Whole100 i will stick to the rules of Whole30 and eat protein, but somewhat less say over lunch.

Hundred days is  a long time, and we might run out of things to say to motivate each other. Cheezy quotes to the rescue! In a effort to keep the ball rolling, I will post an "inspirational" quote each day. Here is the first:

"Don't tell your problems to people: eighty percent don't care; and the other twenty percent are glad you have them." 
         - Lou Holtz

Honesty is the best policy. I hate to admit this, but I ate sugar on Halloween. Gasp! It was rough and I'm disappointed with myself BUT today (Nov 1st) marks my RE-START for the Whole 100. I'm not giving up! It's a bummer I won't get to celebrate the same day as ya'll. We are still a team though!! Ok, glad I confessed.:)

Check out my new Whole100 journal!

post-34897-0-95694100-1383354918_thumb.j

Awww bummer LK but good on you! That dragon is a tough one to conquer, especially tough on Halloween. I have a bag of junk in my fridge atm, traded all my son's revolting lollies for dark choc, now have to turf the lollies so I don't eat them at a low point!

Oh and good idea re motivational quotes Francsois, I'm probably only going to post when I'm struggling or if I get some good results lol!

PS littlekirbo, why don't you celebrate with us anyway? Sugar shouldn't cause inflammation, and if you need to add on a few days at the end to conquer that dragon you can :) 86 days is still a mighty accomplishment!

Honesty is the best policy. I hate to admit this, but I ate sugar on Halloween. Gasp! It was rough and I'm disappointed with myself BUT today (Nov 1st) marks my RE-START for the Whole 100. I'm not giving up! It's a bummer I won't get to celebrate the same day as ya'll. We are still a team though!! Ok, glad I confessed. :)

Check out my new Whole100 journal!

Bummer LK! it happens. I had to try W30 three times before I got it right. Stay with us anyway, do a W86! 

I'm doing a fresh start November 1 also.  I freely permitted myself to participate in Halloween festivities and candy ingestion - and it was totally worth it.  Though today is hard because of course now no one wants the candy in their house anymore, so everyone has brought the candy to work, to call to me as I do my graveyard shift.

Today was a good fresh start.

I'm doing a fresh start November 1 also.  I freely permitted myself to participate in Halloween festivities and candy ingestion - and it was totally worth it.  Though today is hard because of course now no one wants the candy in their house anymore, so everyone has brought the candy to work, to call to me as I do my graveyard shift.

Today was a good fresh start.

welcome!

I had a brief tempation last night to make my W100 a W30. I thought that doing a hundred days is a bit silly etc. but it is not! W100 can only be a good thng, cement new habits etc. I was tempted, and i am sure I might feel the same in my coming holiday. But I am very curious to see what a W100 does, so I will stick it out. :unsure:

Bahahaha degenerate into work. I like it.

Yes I'm finding I'm not being as "strict" with the Whole100 as I would be with a Whole30. Not that I'm eating non-compliant foods, but I'm still snacking and eating when I don't need to, and maybe not following the template so well....

I'm considering starting a Whole30 today, and doing it properly, rather than thinking "oh I have 100 days to get this right, doesn't matter". I'm just finding I'm a bit half-hearted about it all, doing a Half100. That being said, I still want to do a Whole100! Maybe I'll do a 30 within 100... I don't know.

Perhaps a W100 is a knee jerk over-reaction. On the other hand, doing a W100 can only be a good thing. Ugh. Maybe we should jus start living the way we are suposed too... Training weels off etc. However, if you are in for the W100, then I am. Are you in? Commit yourself! Or not! Yes, no, maybe!   :blink:

Bahahaha degenerate into work. I like it.

Yes I'm finding I'm not being as "strict" with the Whole100 as I would be with a Whole30. Not that I'm eating non-compliant foods, but I'm still snacking and eating when I don't need to, and maybe not following the template so well....

I'm considering starting a Whole30 today, and doing it properly, rather than thinking "oh I have 100 days to get this right, doesn't matter". I'm just finding I'm a bit half-hearted about it all, doing a Half100. That being said, I still want to do a Whole100! Maybe I'll do a 30 within 100... I don't know.

Does not sound like you failed yet, just that you need to veer back on the straight-and-narrow. Dont do a W30, lets complete the W100. Can only be a good thing. Three months is a very short time, and the benefits might be huge! Lets do it. Dont back out now Zoodles! LETS GOOOOOOOO!!!!!! :lol:

Archived