WHOLE 100 starting tomorrow, Oct. 18th!!

littlekirbo

So just a little bit about me, since everyone shared :)

My name is Treasure - I'm 26, from Texas, but have been living in Florida for almost 3 years. I started getting "chunky" after my dad died, in 2002, when I was 14 and it progressed from there. I weighed 204 when I decided I needed to take action and do something about my weight (October 2011). I've lost 50 lbs on the Weight Watchers program; 60 lbs total so far and have about 15 lbs to go to be where I need to be (I'm 5'3"). I've been "eating clean" since Feb 2013 (lost 10 more lbs (thus the 60), but have been at a plateau for several months), though I still had such an unhealthy relationship with food, which would lead to emotional eating and bingeing on the weekends. I workout with a trainer and love kettlebells, lifting heavy, TRX workouts, and occasionally running. I'm studying to become a Personal Trainer. I have 3 cats, and believe it or not, I'm NOT a cat person... it just kind of "happened"... haha, but I love them. I'm a foodie at heart and enjoy beer or the occasional glass of wine. I'm totally loving W30 and have not had ANY cravings, so far. Which is amazing for me. Glad that the forum is here to share experiences with everyone. Here's to Whole100!!

Also, I log my food everyday in the "Your Whole30 Log" section, mine is: Trez 1st Whole30 Log

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Zoodles, google "raw cacao toxic".....

Amberino how could you? I only read the search results, not the actual articles etc... But do you know if its just raw cacao or cocoa powder as well? I love my hot cocoa after dinner :/

Amberino how could you? I only read the search results, not the actual articles etc... But do you know if its just raw cacao or cocoa powder as well? I love my hot cocoa after dinner :/

Makes sense, cocoa is bitter, and bitter and other yucky tastes evolved to protect us against eating things that are dangerous. Caffeine is in plants to ward off insects etc. listen to this guy rant http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lj6DesPrZS4  :(

Welcome Trez your story is inspiring and way to keep up the great work!! I work out as well mostly cross fit or interval training, I have been wanting to try kettle bells myself they sound fun. I didnt really have any cravings until the last couple days and its been ice cream!! I have NOT given in though. Going all the way to Whole 100!!!!!!!

Gin

I have a kitchen tea tomorrow morning and am going to be surrounded by cupcakes and pink sugary things. Which probably aren't as dangerous as the CHEESE and champagne are going to be! Eeep! Wish me luck....

Wish you luck Zoodles. I will be supporting you! I hope to jump back with a W30 after the holiday, hopefully in mid December. Sorry for letting everyone down. Zoodles, go for it!

Francsois

It happens we are all human... You can jump back on...are you still going to check in from time to time and send us your quotes??

Gin

Will do, I am disappointed, such is life!

"Dealing with failure is easy: Work hard to improve. Success is also easy to handle: You've solved the wrong problem. Work hard to improve." 

- Alan Perlis

Ok.... So I made it through the kitchen tea... Well almost - I licked my finger after I'd finished helping to put together the cheese platter and had a teensy sip of champagne to toast.

Finally got home after a long and super exhausting weekend feeling pretty proud of myself.....and just now I've polished off the chocolate that's been sitting in my fridge since Halloween. WHY did I not get rid of it when I knew I should? Weak moments happen :(

Jumping back on tomorrow but I'm going to tackle just a Whole30 first, PROPERLY this time! As in no pointless snacking. I just think 100 days is too long for me to get a grip on, it's easier to do 30 and then extend. I'm only 5 days away from having done a Whole30 and I feel like if I'd had that in my head instead of some day at the end of January, I might not have caved. I don't want to feel like a failure at 35 days when I could be feeling like I've achieved a Whole30!

Anyway, sigh, pretty bummed but not giving up!

Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Ok.... So I made it through the kitchen tea... Well almost - I licked my finger after I'd finished helping to put together the cheese platter and had a teensy sip of champagne to toast.

Finally got home after a long and super exhausting weekend feeling pretty proud of myself.....and just now I've polished off the chocolate that's been sitting in my fridge since Halloween. WHY did I not get rid of it when I knew I should? Weak moments happen :(

Jumping back on tomorrow but I'm going to tackle just a Whole30 first, PROPERLY this time! As in no pointless snacking. I just think 100 days is too long for me to get a grip on, it's easier to do 30 and then extend. I'm only 5 days away from having done a Whole30 and I feel like if I'd had that in my head instead of some day at the end of January, I might not have caved. I don't want to feel like a failure at 35 days when I could be feeling like I've achieved a Whole30!

Anyway, sigh, pretty bummed but not giving up!

No worries Zoodles, we must not be to hard on ourselves. From my vantage point it looks like you are doing okay. I will keep in touch, I am going to let my hair down on my hike in Tassie, then back on. I will seek you out on the forum when I get going again ;) I think we have to start following the plan that we will use for the long term, training wheels off, out of the nest! I did okay after yesterday, had a beer and cheese sandwich, bounced right back to eating right. Seems to be easier the more I stay on the straight-and narrow.

Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Francsois,

Dont be too disappointed..let me share a quote with you

"Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement."-Henry Ford

Your going to do and be successful you just had a little set back. Dont be too hard on yourself.

Gin

Hey!

It's good to hear everyone's updates. I value honesty a great deal so I'm glad you all are very open about where you're at in this journey.

I am choosing to continue with the Whole100. This thread motivates and encourages me tremendously! Like Zoodles said, let's keep going!

Yay! I got worried when no one had posted for a while that we'd let the whole team down! Keep going LK, I'm on Day 2 now, but I don't really think that the little hiccup on Sunday has set me back toooo much. I'm hoping that I'll see some good results sooner rather than later this time around! Hoping to 3 Whole30s in a row, but I prefer to tackle them one at a time I think, it's just easier for me to get a grip on 30 days rather than 100 :)

How are you doing LK?

I am actually on day 2 as well! Last week was really rough for me. I've been so down on myself for the weight I've gained since August. Barely any of my clothes fit which is a hard pill for me to swallow. Trying on new clothes in the store wasn't fun, especially when none of the jeans I tried on fit me right. So instead of wallowing in any more self-pity and eating away my feelings, I am choosing to fully take on a healthier lifestyle, both mentally and physically. I'm proud of us for not giving up. :)

Archived