Reintro protein shakes?

Karyna

Before whole30 I had my Arbonne protein shakes for breakfast which I mixed with almond milk, blueberries and spinach. I did not use them at all during whole30 as they were made with rice protein (no whey so vegan friendly and gluten-free). However I would like to reintroduce them again as either preWO or PostWO.

Any others out there who use protein shakes?

I did....I don't anymore!

Before my whole 30 I had protein in 2 green smoothies a day. I haven't had a smoothie since, and only used protein in a couple of recipes...pancakes and pumpkin "bread" (both compliant except for the protein)

I don't have a need for it as I get enough protein from my food and honestly enjoy just eating my food more.

Very slippery slope..... They are soooo easy, sooo convenient, sooo tasty, sooo packed full of calories that can spike your insulin levels

I personally had a problem with them as I would just down a shake rather than have a real meal..... I could do that three times a day and before I knew it .......... I have them once in a blue moon now but real food is more satisfying

If you can control it and it's a once in a while " treat" go for it.... But you will be much better off eating food 99% of the time

Archived