Plan for the week

mags79

I jumped into Whole30 the day after I heard about it, so for the first couple of weeks I've been barely thinking ahead to the next meal, things have been super busy and I haven't had anytime to get ahead in the kitchen, in fact I think everyone of my pots and pans are dirty at the moment and I was thankful I at least cooked a few extra sweet potatoes and have a bit of chicken left from a rotisserie so I was able to eat something today. But we will be home this weekend. I've decided today is a teacher work day (we homeschool) and the kitchen will get back in order, laundry will get put away and the fridge will get restocked. Tomorrow I plan on doing weekly prep. Any tips or favorites? Hubby is also a bit concerned about my weekly Whole Foods trips, so budget friendly is goods, we have 1/2 a cow in the freezer and access to Trader Joes, Whole Foods and Farmers Market (tomorrow morning), I might check out a new store, The Fresh Market, if I have some time.

Good luck!  I am starting my W30 on Sunday.  I've had a terrible allergy attack that has made me feel like poo.  Hopefully, this change in eating will help with these allergies!  Having said all of that, I did plan out my week of meals for next week and have my grocery shopping list ready for Sunday (@ our local grocery store, we get an extra 10% off our total if we were a game-day jersey!).  

Just some of the things I have planned for suppers: bacon-wrapped tilapia with salad; roasted chicken with an avocado and olive salad; flank steak with bacon tomato casserole.

Lunches: cilantro avocado and shrimp salad; chicken salad; cobb salad (without the cheese...le poo); and then leftovers.

Breakfast?  eggs, eggs and more eggs, to which I'm sure I'll be sick of shortly!

Don't know if this will help, but this is what I'm/we're having this week:  We have beef, pork and chicken in the freezer from a local rancher and turnips from our CSA, which is driving 2 of the dinners.

Breakfasts - fried eggs, sauteed kale, sw pots w/ coconut butter (can prebake all the sw pots so I just have to warm them up.  If I knew I'd have a busy morning week, I'd HB the eggs and massage the kale on Sunday so as to have no cook time in the morning)

Lunches - Leftover chicken and broccoli stir fry with cashews (had a lot of leftovers, so packaged it up into 5 containers and put in the freezer.  If I didn't have leftovers, I'd probably make tuna salad for the week and eat it with carrots and cerery)

Dinners - Planned around what I can do Sunday and how much time I have between work/school and pm activities/meetings

Sunday - Roast chicken (make lots), turnip leek soup

Monday - Chicken salad (make mayo and then make chicken salad with leftovers after dinner Sunday)

Tuesday - hamburgers and mashed turnip patties (will make the hamburger patties and mashed turnips on Sunday so ready to cook Tues)

Wednesday - out

Thursday - scrounge night - probably eggs and bacon

Good luck!  Sunday prep is key for me.  Even before W30. It makes the evenings so much nicer if I know what I'm making ahead of time and do as much prep as I can ahead of time.

Good luck!  I am starting my W30 on Sunday.  I've had a terrible allergy attack that has made me feel like poo.  Hopefully, this change in eating will help with these allergies!  Having said all of that, I did plan out my week of meals for next week and have my grocery shopping list ready for Sunday (@ our local grocery store, we get an extra 10% off our total if we were a game-day jersey!).  

Just some of the things I have planned for suppers: bacon-wrapped tilapia with salad; roasted chicken with an avocado and olive salad; flank steak with bacon tomato casserole.

Lunches: cilantro avocado and shrimp salad; chicken salad; cobb salad (without the cheese...le poo); and then leftovers.

Breakfast?  eggs, eggs and more eggs, to which I'm sure I'll be sick of shortly!

Just be sure your bacon is compliant: no sugar, sweeteners or other nasties.

Archived