Advice needed!

Nivi

Hi guys, 

So I made quite a terrible mistake last night. I was at a cafe and the only thing they had that was compliant was some spanish salami. Turns out their normal salami is compliant but the one they gave me by mistake had: dairy, gluten and dextrose (gasp)! So it was an epic fail - I had tons of it and after I found out I felt like real crap. This was day 19 and I'd bee doing pretty well so far. Now I'm wondering if I should call it quits and start a new whole30 in November. I can't keep going because I have two big events coming up on the first weekend of November. I'd timed it all nicely, but it seems ruined. I don't know if it's psychosomatic but I could totally feel my tummy acting up today too...

If there's any advice on what I should do i.e. keep going/quit/keep going and do another in November/etc. I would love to hear it.

Thanks,

Nivi

Sadly, consuming the gluten alone merits a restart.  Chalk it up to a lesson learned on processed meats - they are always a candidate for at least gluten.

I wouldn't say it's an epic fail and ruined: turn the page and return to Whole30 eating.

Specifically, you could restart eating Whole30 compliant for now to make you feel better, and stay on it as long as you can. When the Nov events roll around, make a conscious choice about how far you'll off-road (to minimize how yucky you could feel afterward). After that, decide whether you want to do a full, 30 consecutive days of Whole30.

And, FWIW, you didn't make the mistake - the restaurant did ... did you let them know?

Oh that's a shame.

I guess I will keep going now and try not to stray too much in November. 

I told the restaurant, but it was a small cafe attached to a theatre and they had warned me that they can't guarantee gluten/dairy free products. I was really hungry so I took a chance, although I knew I shouldn't have...

Archived