Day 1 - October 21st

morkkel

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi! I am starting today as well. This is my second whole 30, I did my first this past January (started the 1st). I did well on it and hope to do the same this time around since I know what to expect. I'm a little nervous since I'm doing it alone this time, last time I did it with a coworker but I'm hoping to keep myself accountable and check in here daily when I need a boost. 

Day 1 here also! Just finished whole45, felt great, then went off track terribly for 14 days. I feel and look horrible. Amazing how much food affects your while life! So here I am. I do have to control the approved food snacks (almond butter, raisins and dates. But when I make up my mind I'm all in! Look forward to doing this with everyone!

Day 1 here, too. I don't think I ate a big enough breakfast (I'm so used to eating every 3 hours...it's going to take some adjustment to switch back to a 3 meal/day program). Slight, lingering headache this morning too...but didn't have any caffeine like I usually do. I don't think I'm hungry...I think I'm just craving the *habit* of eating something at this time of the morning. Chugging water and trying to get past it. Good luck everyone!

I'm starting today as well! I did my first W30 earlier this year and then most of a second for good measure. I've realized lately my habits are going poorly, so time to straighten up. I've got today's meals sorted, but am shopping this afternoon to prep for the week. If anyone needs suggestions for meals, I found Well Fed (from theclothesmakethegirl.com) to be a huge help. Simple enough and delicious, plus her writing is brilliant. Now, to the water jug I go... :)

I think I'll join in on the Oct. 21 group.  Had a great Whole 20 in July, fell back to some bad habits in September, and am ready to conquer in October/November.  One change this round is I'm going to journal my meals and how I feel.  I know there's a correlation between the food and the way I feel.  Would like to understand it better.

Austin, TX

My husband and I are starting today too. This is brand new to us. We originally planned to do a 30 day challenge where we just gave up bread and sugar, but I saw a post on FB about W30 and thought we might as well go big. ;) I'm excited and nervous. 

I love the daily emails whole30 sends, completely worth the $. I used it the first time and it totally kept me on track. Trying support groups this time! Also Well Fed is the best cookbook ever, get it! I handed to my 9 year old and told him to pick something for dinner. When he gave it back every page was marked. All my kids have loved everything I've cooked from it. Day one almost done!

How'd you ladies do? I felt pretty good, but had a hot dog dream last night, I don't know if it's whole 30 related or not, LOL! Question about pre and post workout food, I am a jogger, so going out for an easy 3 this morning. It's not high intensity, so does it really warrant the extra meals? Also- my balsamic vinegar has sulfites! I was made to find that out... so have to find a new dressing.

~Kelly

Yesterday was my first day on my first whole30 as well! I'm happy to see that there are quite a few of us on the same start date. I know i'll need the encouragement, support and sometimes just the pure fact that I'm not in this alone and that if you can do it, I can do it. 

Wishing you all a wholesome day 2!

Glad to hear from you all! Happy day two!!! I love having you here on this learning journey with me. I'm curious to know what each of your goals are with the whole 30. I have to admit day one was not a piece if cake. Mostly because I have a lousy cold, and spent the day with visiting family out and about. Absolutely no where I went had healthy options. We are a "treat driven" society. Ugh! I'm hoping for a better day two. Can't wait to learn together! Thanks for putting the post out there!

I didn't want to make my own thread, because for me, the whole point of joining the forum was for support since I am about to start my first whole30 all by my lonesome! Plus, I'm starting on a weird day (Wednesday, Oct 23, TOMORROW!!) so I figured I wouldn't have anyone else starting my day... Hope it's ok if I tag along for the ride with you guys :)

I'm starting the whole30 due to major stomach issues I've been having lately, and I want to pinpoint why. I had them a year or two ago and went gluten-free for quite a while and it seemed to help, but bloodwork came back no-crohn's so I'm just trying to sort out what SPECIFICALLY hates me. Also I have been moderately lactose intolerant my whole life, so I am sure this will help in that arena. I was vegan for almost a year, but had to stop when school got crazy and I was living on my own and working and didn't have time to cook enough, so I know that I will be able to stick to this. And if I lose weight... well that would be nice too. I got married four months ago and have gained 15-20 pounds (yikes, how embarrassing) and have gone from a size 2/4 to a 9/10. So.... haha I am quite motivated. Doing a bunch of shopping and prepping today to start out tomorrow!

I started my first Whole30 yesterday, October 21st. I'm doing it on my own, and I'm pretty nervous!

I started the Whole30 because I've put on weight from a poor diet and emotional eating. I've suffered from an eating disorder in the past and that severely disrupted my hormones and digestive system. I've been to many doctors thinking I had a mental illness. But after learning more about nutrition and seeing a naturopath doctor who supports Paleo eating, and reading "It Starts With Food", I realized that a lot of my health issues and "mind issues" are because of my food choices and hormonal imbalance.

Some of my goals include healing my digestive issues (gut), balance my hormones, improve my energy, improve my skin, and lose some weight. I also want to establish a better relationship with food and myself and work on the emotional issues that come with poor food choices.

I'm 18 and none of my family members eat Paleo, although my mom tries to make healthy dinners. My dad is my main critic and he thinks eating healthy is "hippie stuff". But I'm working on doing things for me.

So I hope I come out of this a new (or at least better) person! And I hope everyone reaches their goals while doing their Whole30 as well.

We can do it!!! :)

I'm with missy and nicolette! I think everyone hopes to have a healthier version of themselves... my goals are are to stop this emotional roller coaster I have with food - it's not healthy and to hopefully combat some low iron issues in the process!

How is day 2 going for everyone? I am eating the exact same today but am SO HUNGRY! Anyone else?

Thanks for all for the feedback and sharing your stories.  Great incredible stories.  It sounds like many are trying not only to eat well, but to change their relationship with food.  I wish everyone success in their endeavors and would love it if you share finds along the way that lead you to success with overcoming those patterns. 

Day Two...better than day one on one hand, and worse on another.  Yesterday I had the headache, and spent the day out with visiting family so we ate out every meal all day...NOTHING out there and I was very tempted and frustrated by the end of the day.  Today the headache is gone, but I feel like I want to rip some heads off half the time and the other half, I feel tired.  I do have a new headcold so I'm not sure if its entirely diet changes.  I reviewed the expected timeline and it doesn't fit.  I shouldn't be at the "kill them all" stage for three more days.  :) 

Anxious to keep in touch and hear about everyones success!

Day 2! Sounds like everyone is still in the boat :) I've now got a fridge full of good food, so meals have gone well today. I bought some kale on clearance and made kale chips with breakfast, I always forget how good they are! It must be coming off sugar (we just got home from a 2 1/2 week vacation...), despite the water guzzling, I'm a bit headachy as well.

For this W30, one of my goals is to actually get back to cooking whole meals. We've gotten snacky lately and I've gotten out of the habit of real cooking. The second, honestly, is to lose weight. Without trying last time, I went down 5lb. A few months of that would put me at a very healthy weight and now that hubby and I are talking babies... I want to be as all-around healthy as possible :)

I love the daily emails whole30 sends, completely worth the $. I used it the first time and it totally kept me on track. Trying support groups this time! Also Well Fed is the best cookbook ever, get it! I handed to my 9 year old and told him to pick something for dinner. When he gave it back every page was marked. All my kids have loved everything I've cooked from it. Day one almost done!

I was just thinking of doing this today, but with my husband!  :)

Archived