headache for 1 week straight

Hi everyone, I am on day 22 and I've been experiencing a never ending headache since about day 13 or 14. I've been following the guidelines the best I can. Meat, fat, 2+ veggies at every meal. Occasional snack of fruit + nuts or nut butter. Usually I find that when I am eating healthy I never have headaches. I know that I could be drinking more water than I currently do, but my intake has not decreased in the last few weeks so I'm not sure if that would cause this. Either way I am working on my water intake, are there any other suggestions on what to do to kick this headache? I have felt absolutely great up to this point, no carb flu, no cravings, no bad feelings, nothing.

Being sufficiently hydrated will definitely help, as will food intake.

Could you be a little more specific with your food log to give us a better example of your intake?

If I am lacking in food, particularly fat and starchy carbs I also get headaches. I often get headaches if I'm tight across my shoulders and in my neck, or if my hips and back are out - these issues are obviously non-food related, but perhaps something to consider?

I do not consume any caffeine whatsoever and even before whole30 my caffeine intake was extremely limited. I can't tolerate caffeine in any amounts, I won't sleep at night. And thank you :)

So sorry about the headaches. Have you changed your caffeine consumption or anything else more recently? 9 days with a headache is tough.

(I love your name - Psalm37:4)

Being sufficiently hydrated will definitely help, as will food intake.

Could you be a little more specific with your food log to give us a better example of your intake?

If I am lacking in food, particularly fat and starchy carbs I also get headaches. I often get headaches if I'm tight across my shoulders and in my neck, or if my hips and back are out - these issues are obviously non-food related, but perhaps something to consider?

A typical day looks like this:

Meal 1: 2-3 eggs, 2 slices bacon, 2-3 veggies sauteed in coconut oil (typically onions, mushrooms, green beans)

Meal 2: 2-3 chicken tenderloins (seasoning/spices vary from day to day), sauteed (in olive oil) asparagus with bacon , roasted cabbage with onions covered in olive oil

Snack: (not daily) apple with almond butter OR raw almonds

Dinner: lean ground turkey chili filled with tomatoes, onions, a variety of peppers, zucchini, celery, and carrots, 1/4-1/2 sweet potato on the side

Too much fat maybe? Not enough starch?? Any insight is appreciated.

I'd say perhaps too little food, not enough fat or starchy vegies! If you're snacking because you're hungry, it suggests you need more food!

You don't mention fat with dinner, and may not have enough with meal 1&2. 1/4-1/2 sweet potato is also a small amount - is this consistent with the rest of your whole 30? Has activity level changed?

I'd say perhaps too little food, not enough fat or starchy vegies! If you're snacking because you're hungry, it suggests you need more food!

You don't mention fat with dinner, and may not have enough with meal 1&2. 1/4-1/2 sweet potato is also a small amount - is this consistent with the rest of your whole 30? Has activity level changed?

I've been consistently eating about the same amounts everyday. Typically I don't get hungry between meals. Sometimes I don't even get hungry at meal time. The snacks that I have are usually bc I'm trying to avoid cravings (such as in the evening while I'm watching TV with my husband and he's eating junk). I FEEL like I'm eating tons! Tons! When I have a sweet potato I spread it with coconut oil as a butter substitute. Activity levels have been consistent... I lift 3x a week.

Archived