5:00a scrambled eggs w/ onion/ pepper cooked in coconut oil.  Sausage

1:00p Romaine lettuce. Ground beef.  Salsa.  Avocado.  Broccoli. Apple

445p 1-hr body pump class

6:00p Spaghetti squash.  Ground beef.  Grape tomatoes.  Banana

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thursday:

Felt pretty crummy emotionally. Just having a rough time with stress at work, kids being sick, my being sick, and what has felt like a strained marriage the past few days. Just ready to freak out or scream or cry or something. I don't know what!

5:30a. Scrambled eggs w/ onion/ham. Cooked in coconut oil

12:30p. Ham bone soup with zucchini/onion/pepper/green beans. Broccoli. Banana

4:00p 2-mile light jog

5:15p. Ground beef patty. Baked potato. Walnuts

Saturday:

7:00a. Bacon. Sweet potato "fries"

11:30a. Ground beef patty. Sweet potato

1:45p. Walnuts

2:00p Half marathon race.

During race: about 6-8 deglet noor dates

4:14p. Post-race: Banana

5:15p. Chicken breast. Baked potato

7:15p. Chicken breast. Almonds

I guess that day looks pretty atypically bad for me. That was just race day. Back to better behavior now ;)

Feeling kind of lousy.  Just mad at myself for sneaking candy so much the past few weeks.  And it's shown on the scale.  I've lost 0.7#, which is good, but I have been losing at a better pace than that.  Need to get myself in check before temptation season really starts :(  Also, I've been having some marital tension lately (nothing serious I don't htink).  Just all adds up.  Want to scream.

On a good (I guess) note, after my race on Saturday, people with Garmins were saying that their watches were saying the course was about 0.5-0.6 miles too long.  So I went and measured on mapmyrun on the computer as well as I could, and yep, came up with 0.5 miles too long.  So tha makees me feel a little bit better still.  :)  New PR for 13.6 miles since it's the only 13.6-mile race I've ever done ;-)

Monday:

5:30a Chicken breast.  Grape tomatoes.  A few walnuts

12:30p Romaine lettuce. Tuna. Vinegar/Oil dressing. Tomato. Broccoli

4:00p A few walnuts

4:30p 1-hour of weight lifting

6:00p Meatloaf. Steamed Cauliflower. Almonds

Congrats on the race!  SO crazy frustrating when courses aren't mapped out accurately.  It happens here all the time and I have to take a deep breath and tell myself that it's the beauty of small town living, but still!

Tension, candy.....not fun stuff.   

Congrats on the race! SO crazy frustrating when courses aren't mapped out accurately. It happens here all the time and I have to take a deep breath and tell myself that it's the beauty of small town living,

Thanks. Maybe that's my problem. I live in a bigger city, but ventured out for this small town race ;)

Tuesday:

5:00a. Sausage. Tomatoes

12:00p. Romaine lettuce. Chicken breast. Oil/vinegar dressing. Broccoli. Carrots

3:15p. 8.5-mile run

4:45p. Butternut squash

6:00p. Ham. Green beans sautéed in olive oil

I had the munchies at night and ate a couple of cookies :(. Ugh

Haven't been feeling that great, emotionally.  I'm not sure what it is.  Less daylight, coldness, or whatever.  My self esteem is really in the dumps lately.  Just can't seem to get to feeling better :(

Wednesday:

5:30a. Scrambled eggs with onion/pepper/ham. cooked in coconut oil

12:00p Romaine lettuce w/ oil/vinegar dressing.  Ground beef.  Carrots. Orange

4:45p 1-hour body pump class

6:15p Ham. Steamed Spinach. Almonds

Thursday:

5:00a. Bacon. Scrambled eggs with onion/pepper cooked in the bacon fat.

11:30a. Romaine lettuce. Ham. Oil/vinegar dressing. Cauliflower. Celery

Ugh...I went crazy and binged on junk food-like substances this afternoon! I hate myself a little for it. I'm so stupid. I tried to deal with my depression that way.

Only redeeming thing from today was that I did eventually went out for a run. I usually let bad eating make me not work out

4:30p. 8- or 9-mile run

6:15p. Chicken breast. Spinach. Spaghetti squash. Tomato sauce (homemade, no sugar)

Thursday:

5:00a. Bacon. Scrambled eggs with onion/pepper cooked in the bacon fat.

11:30a. Romaine lettuce. Ham. Oil/vinegar dressing. Cauliflower. Celery

Ugh...I went crazy and binged on junk food-like substances this afternoon! I hate myself a little for it. I'm so stupid. I tried to deal with my depression that way.

Only redeeming thing from today was that I did eventually went out for a run. I usually let bad eating make me not work out

4:30p. 8- or 9-mile run

6:15p. Chicken breast. Spinach. Spaghetti squash. Tomato sauce (homemade, no sugar)

I'm sorry to hear you are struggling emotionally. Don't beat yourself up and call yourself stupid, though. I mean, you went for a run to make yourself feel better, which is a constructive way to deal with it. I hope you are feeling better, soon.

I've been struggling still :((

Making bad eating choices. Still upset with myself and trying to figure out how to move past this

What is causing you to turn to not so healthy choices? Could you think about it one meal at a time? make the next meal you eat one of good choices? One meal is less daunting than a forever of meals :)

Thanks, amberino. My problems have been with snacking. In fact, yesterday I snacked so much that I wasn't even hungry all evening and didn't eat dinner. Maybe it's partly boredom. I was home alone yesterday. I've been a little depressed too.

I like your suggestion of just thinking of it as one healthy, satisfying meal at a time. I just finished up a good breakfast of eggs/onion/peppers. Now to avoid the cupboard/fridge until the next meal time.

Sunday:

9:00a scrambled eggs with onion/pepper. Cooked in coconut oil

11:00a. 10 min elliptical. 60 min strength training

12:30p. Pork chop. Butternut squash

2:00p. Pork chop. Walnuts. Grape tomatoes. Celery

6:00p. Sautéed Chicken breast. Steamed broccoli. pecans

Thanks, amberino. Today was a good day again.

Monday:

5:00a. Bacon. Scrambled eggs with onion/pepper/spinach. Cooked in the bacon fat

12:00p. Ham bone/vegetable soup (zucchini, green beans, pepper, onion, et al). Grape Tomatoes. Cauliflower. Celery

5;30p. Salmon fillet. Steamed broccoli. Baked potato. Pecans

Tuesday:

5:00a. Bacon. Scrambled eggs with onion/peppers cooked in bacon fat

12:00p. Cauliflower. Cucumber slices. Romaine lettuce. Tuna/avocado salad

3:30p. Tuna/avocado salad. Celery

4:00p. 8-mile run

5:30p. Sweet potato. Chicken-cauliflower casserole

Archived