My first Whole30!

mhill0823

Avocado is great! If you're up to trying the mayo again, I think that will help a lot with adding fat - I dunk veggies in it, make sauces with it, put it on burgers, lots of things. And if you're familiar with the cookbook Well Fed, the sequel (Well Fed 2) that just came out has two pages with ideas for what to do with mayo!

You're doing awesome. I love your attitude!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 9 -

Breakfast- 1/2 avacado, 1 serving butternut squash chicken hash, 1 banana

Lunch-

Dinner- big grilled chicken salad with lettuce tomato grilled onions and peppers and an avacado on the side

I'm still trying to find my appetite. I went from craving things hardcore to now I'm satisfied feeling to the point that I just have no desire to consume food !!

I skipped lunch, not intentionally I was just busy at work and not hungry:(

Day 10-

Well, today some sort of sickness has set in full force. I can hardly eat. Two bites into a banana this morning and I was throwing it back up.

I've taken some medicine and hope to feel well enough to eat in a few hours.

I am making meat muffins for breakfasts!  Basically, ground beef and spinach with some spices.  It is from the Well Fed book

Headaches are sure common.  Were you a diet soda drinker or soda drinker in general?  So much junk in processed food, too.  It sadly means you are on the right track.   ;)   Drink more water like already suggested, and opt for an Advil if you have to do so.

I also second the need for more veggies!  Don't freak about not losing weight or even gaining weight in the first few weeks if it means you are staying compliant.  I found I shoved food into me to avoid eating the bad foods.  Avoid too many nuts, though.

good luck to you!

I am making meat muffins for breakfasts!  Basically, ground beef and spinach with some spices.  It is from the Well Fed book

Headaches are sure common.  Were you a diet soda drinker or soda drinker in general?  So much junk in processed food, too.  It sadly means you are on the right track.   ;)   Drink more water like already suggested, and opt for an Advil if you have to do so.

I also second the need for more veggies!  Don't freak about not losing weight or even gaining weight in the first few weeks if it means you are staying compliant.  I found I shoved food into me to avoid eating the bad foods.  Avoid too many nuts, though.

good luck to you!

Thanks so much!!

Luckily the headaches have stopped, today I'm just battling some sort of sickness. The weather around here probably isn't helping.

I've never been much of a soda drinker at all and I gave up caffiene about 3, almost 4 months ago so that wasn't the cause of the headaches(trust me, I dealt with those back when i gave it up).

As far as the weight, I'm actually losing weight really fast, so that kind of concerns me.

And meat muffins sound amazing! I'm going to have to make some of those!:) I love ground beef!

Thanks so much. Today hasn't been much better and I got my TOM :( I have been making myself sit down and try to eat.

So far it's been awful...

Day 11-

Breakfast- banana and 2 turkey sausage links(I literally looked at my veggies and just couldn't)

Lunch- 1 chicken breast, 1/4 avacado, and a few bites of asparagus and onions and peppers.(I started feeling too sick to my stomach)

Dinner- 1 serving pulled pork(Mommas! MMM) and a cup of carrots and a pickle

Day 12

Today I am feeling slightly better, but I have this terrible cough and cramps going on.

Last night was my moms annual Halloween party with all of my family. I resisted so much of hers and my grannys amazing treats! I don't regret it today but I was hating it last night!:)

Breakfast- 2 eggs with a little coconut milk and with spinach, 1 serving pulled pork

Lunch- grilled fish, peppers and onions

Dinner- grilled chicken, peppers onions anf tomatoes and a side of avocado

Day 14

Breakfast- I skipped:(:( overslept for church and had to be there for my baptism today!!:)

Lunch- grilled chicken with peppers onions and avocado, three deviled eggs and a bowl of fruit

Dinner- pulled pork, sweet potato and sauerkraut and a few olives

Day 15-

Breakfast- I've been doing way too much oversleeping here lately and I know that it's always been a bad habit of mine. So my breakfast today consisted of a banana, a handful of almonds and some eggs.

Lunch- porkchop with hot sauce, sweet potato and sauerkraut(my new addiction) and a few almonds.

Dinner- Grilled chicken and shrimp and tons of grilled veggies(dinner with roommate)

Can you post the chicken butternut squash hash recipe? I have a butternut squash that needs me to cook it into something delicious!

I had the same thing happen with my first mayo attempt. I haven't tried to correct it. But I have mixed it into a can of tuna for some extra fat and it was pretty good.

Here is the recipe!!! It's really good in my opinion!

I love this recipe!  It's my go-to breakfast.  I change it up from time to time...and wanted to let y'all know that you can cook a whole butternut squash in the crockpot on low for 4 hours.  After you let it cool, you can slice it in half easily, scoop out the seeds and you have mashed butternut squash, ready to go!

Day 16

Breakfast- 2 egg muffins(made with eggs, onion and spinach), handfull of almonds and an orange and a banana

Lunch- Porkcup, sauteed veggies, sauerkraut and half avacado

Dinner- grilled chicken salad with half avocado

I'm still battling this terrible allergy sickness, going on 2 weeks now. and I'm telling you that if my boss doesn't let me take a day off to recover, I may never get better sadly. :(

Otherwise, I feel good.

Archived