My first Whole30!

mhill0823

Day 19

I'm at my mom's this morning dropping my puppy off and headed to Mississippi till Monday evening. I'm excited to see family, nervous about food while away.

Breakfast- 2 egg omelet with sausage and onion, almonds and an apple. Love my momma!

Lunch- smoked pork, carrots, brocolli, almonds and an apple

Dinner- roast beef, strawberry salad, sweet potato and green peas. Rehearsal dinner.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 20

This day was rough for me. Wedding day.

We spent literally all day at the barn preparing the place for a beautiful ceremony for my cousin! I'm simply in love with being down here with family. I am not sure I want to leave anytime soon!

Breakfast- banana and organic carrot and kale bar.

Dinner- pork, compliant slaw and apples.

I simply forgot to eat all day!

Day 25-

Breakfast- Decaf coffee with cinnamon and coconut milk, spinach salad topped with pulled pork and olives with a balsamic dressing

lunch- hamburger steak, spaghetti squash, spinach salad and half avacado

dinner- steak, broccoli and carrots, an apple and i cut open my first pomegranate and ate half

Day 26

Breakfast - Spinach, pulled pork, sauerkraut all mixed together for a "salad" if you will

lunch - chicken breast, spaghetti squash, peppers and onions sauteed, carrots and spinach salad, apple, half avacado

dinner- spinach and chicken, grilled chicken salad with guacamole

Pam- I'm so excited that I'm almost done and I'm so proud of my successes.

For the most part I plan to continue eating the same with a few introductions here and there. I'm not really worried about it, I've been enjoying the new way of living and how amazing I feel!

I for sure will try my best!!

When I started this I had a ton of weight to lose and realized that I couldn't exercise and it ever matter if I was eating terribly. The funny thing is, I've been on this whole30 and I've lost SO much weight and not hardly exercised at all. It's so funny to me to see how much my body is changing just from diet alone, talk about a wake up call! Now I just need to get back into the gym and I can make it even better!

I've gotten so used to shopping the outer edges of the grocery store now, that I'm not sure I'll want to change anytime soon!!

I'm just so thankful the the support system on this site has been so Wonderful!!!

I was thinking about you this morning, thinking you should be almost done - I'm so glad you've stuck with it! Awesome job - almost there!

I quit the four-times-a-week boot camp I was doing a month or two after my Whole30 - too much impact and stress for me (I've switched to several vinyasa or hot yoga classes a week). I was a little worried that I'd gain weight without the running and burpees and weights, but if anything I've continued to lose a little (very gradually). It's really hammering home to me that nutrition is key!

I'm so glad that this program really drills in the key to eating smart. I mean I guess I've always known it, but finally challenging myself and seeing it first hand has just blown my mind this past month!!

My friends all weekend kept saying things like "Where do you want to go when it's over? What do you want to eat?"

and I just kindly informed them that I have already done my grocery shopping for the week and nothing is going to change, this wasn't a deadline anymore it was just simply a lifestyle change.

I will reintroduce a few things here and there but for the most part I'm loving it!:)

I'm going to commit myself to the gym at least 3 times this week, I've got to start adding the exercise in because I know once I get back in the habit I will love it again!:)

Thanks so much for thinking about me and being so supportive!

Day 29-

Breakfast - 3 sausage links, a whole avacado and an apple(I forgot my breakfast food in the fridge so I just made do with what I had at work)

Lunch - Hamburger steak, grilled zucchini, small side salad with oil and vinegar, sauerkraut and spinach.

Dinner - large kale salad and a banana and orange

Day 30!!!! :):)

Breakfast - spinach and kraut with 2 sausage links and a banana

Lunch- turkey brat with peppers and onions and spinach and kraut salad with peppers and carrotts

Dinner- grilled chicken with peppers, onions and tomatoes

Welp!

I did it!!!

Today is day 31 and honestly there isn't anything specific that I'm craving. I packed my meals for today, totally still compliant.

I did bring some peanut butter back from home to work to have with my carrots this morning but other than that I'm good!!

Thanks so much for being such a wonderful support system for me throughout these 30 days!!

Archived