Whole30 over, and a little concerned moving forward.

So I finished my whole30. Nothing monumental there. I felt like I was crawling through mud for ten days, but after that everything evened out. I felt no better or worse then before. My issues is continuing, I am inclined to stick with this for longer, but I lost 30lbs in 30 days. I needed to lose that weight, and I know that there are lots of reasons the scale goes down (water, fat loss, etc.), but the rate of loss is what I am worried about. It seems to fast, and there is no sign of it slowing. So I guess my question is should I continue, or should I see my doctor, or should I back off? Full disclosure, I have an autoimmune disease (I did not follow the autoimmune protocol, because I would not have been able to sustain it), I also have a history of some ED issues (anorexia(don't worry I really did need to lose the 30lbs I started my whole30 at 275lbs)) so I might be over-thinking this. Sorry for rambling. 

No problem. I will tell you I feel like I cannot eat anymore I am so full, so if this is a problem I do not know what I am going to do. 

B- 3 scrambled eggs w/spinach & mushrooms. Orange, coffee

L- large salad (full dinner plate, heaped up) with organic greens, scallions, avocado (1 whole), carrots, radish, grilled chicken (breast or thigh whatever bits I had leftover) w/homemade olive oil and vinegar dressing

Snack- (I have a snack most days as due to my schedule I have an 8 hour period between lunch and dinner) palmful of raw cashews, some left over cauliflower, 5 strawberries

D- Roasted broccoli (1 medium sized head), skirt steak (I would guess 4-5 oz), a few sweet potato wedges with cajun spice (own blend). 

I will often grab another piece of fruit after dinner (apple, orange, berry, pineapple, or banana are my usual choices). 

Alison, judging from your food log I think you're okay, but if you're still concerned definitely run it by your doc and she what he/she says.

275 is a big starting weight, and it's really not uncommon for folks starting that high to have a dramatic result on the scale at the end of the 30 days. A bunch of that is probably water weight that you've lost from dropping the grains and sugars.

Archived