Trez 1st Whole30 Log

trezkholl0806

Today's Menu (Day 17) (a.k.a. Day 7)

Breakfast:

Rutabaga casserole

1/2 sweet potato w/ a dollop of coconut cream

Wilted spinach

Bulletproof coffee (coconut MCT & dollop of coconut cream)

Lunch:

Chocolate chili

1/2 sweet potato

Roasted broccoli & green beans

1/2 avocado

Dinner:

1 Applegate Farms Grassfed Hotdog w/ Chocolate Chili

Sauteed Garlicky Broccoli

Roasted Acorn Squash

Black & green olives

I AM SO TIRED... Really ready for "Tiger's Blood" to kick in.... it could also be that I went to bed after midnight and woke up at 5:30... then slept a little more... Ugh. Also, we shared the king size bed with two dogs (rotty-pit mix named Harley (big baby though), and an Italian Greyhound named Biscuit lol), who hogged the covers ALLLLL night.

The Light The Night Walk for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society went well last night... I was a little sad that they didn't actually let everyone release their balloons into the air together, but I released mine anyway at the end :) 100% of the fundraising goal was met, which is always such a great thing. There were lots of people there; survivors, fighters, loved ones, and supporters. It was really nice.

​So this afternoon, I decided to ask Hubster if he's noticed any behavioral changes from me since I started W30... he said YES! I'm less whiny (seriously??), and more easy going, and I don't try to talk him into going to eat out or let me eat bad OR insist that he stop me from making bad decisions, no matter what it takes and how hard I fight him on it... This is good news for sure! Also, for me, I'm noticing that I'm less moody and more have more patience... before, it seemed like the smallest things would set me off. Hopefully these adjustments are here for the long haul! 

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Give it a few days of tiredness.  I woke feeling supberb at 6:30 this morning - happy about that but now I am dragging my butt.  The office next to mine (vaccant) looks like a good place to rest my head right now...... :P

My mom has a super sweet little Shih-Tzu/Maltese/Terrier mix - He is the biggest bed hog ever.  Doesn't matter what size of bed it is!

Good to hear that the Light the Night walk went well last night. 

The behaviourial changes for me were a huge one for me.  I was never diagnosed with depression, but I swear I was moody and depressed a lot of the time. But I noticed mood changes as soon as I cut out dairy.  (I was dairy free a few months just prior to my first whole 30 Aug of last year).  Hubby said that I turned back into the girl he fell in love with (ouch!  I must of been *really* bad)

Ok - I'm waayyyyy behind, so I'm just going to paste everything right here...

Day 18 (Nov 9) Breakfast: Rutabaga Casserole Sauteed Broccoli BP coffee Lunch: Egg Salad w/ green olives Salad w/ Sauteed Green Tomatoes Small banana w/ raw cashew butter Dinner: Tuna in olive oil Steamed brussels sprouts Sweet Potato w/ raw cashew butter   Day 19 (Nov 10) Breakfast: HB eggs Steamed brussels sprouts Rutabaga Hash Baked Sweet Potato Lunch: Tuna Salad Green beans & brussels sprouts Curried Butternut & Pumpkin Soup Dinner: Taco Beef Garlicky Green Beans Caramelized Plantains w/ Coconut Cream Day 20 (Nov 11) Breakfast: I literally do not remember what I ate! (no pics)     Lunch:       Dinner: Beef & Broccoli Frittata Broccoli Grapes Day 21 (Nov 12) Breakfast: Beef & Broccoli Frittata Steamed Broccoli 1/2 avocado Lunch: Taco Beef Green Beans Sweet Potato w/ Cinnamon 1/2 avocado Dinner: Chicken Salad Salad Roasted Squash Green olives

Today's Menu Day 22 (a.k.a. Day 12)

Breakfast:

Beef & Broccoli Frittata

Roasted Squash, Zucchini & Broccoli

BP Coffee (tasted gross so didn't finish, I think my coconut milk soured?? Is that even possible?)

Lunch:

Homemade Chicken Salad

Butter Lettuce

Roasted Broccoli

((forgot my fats :())

Pre-WO: (ate the eggs)

2 HB eggs

Post-WO: (didn't eat this - no workout...)

2 baked chicken tenders

mini baked sweet potato

Dinner:

Baked chicken tenders seasoned with homemade Emeril's Essence seasoning

Sauteed in ghee with baked sweet potato

Roasted garlicky broccoli

1/4 c Bubbies sauerkraut

Jumbo black olives

Running way behind on water intake today :/ Still chugging.... still having digestive issues... just saying. Do you really want me to go into detail? (btw - drinking epsom salt was NOT a good idea... tasted disgusting and I RAN to the bathroom twice today) I've determined I need to go to bed much earlier... but then I feel like I haven't gotten enough done for the day. I'm still really tired, pretty much all day. I haven't worked out in like 2 weeks, maybe longer, I lost count... because of my stupid leg (box jump collision). Still haven't had any cravings... this is my only positive I think. Which is still a great one.

Today's Menu (Day 23) (a.k.a. Day 13)

Breakfast:

Beef & Broccoli Frittata

Petite baked potato w/ ghee & cinnamon

Roasted spicy zucchini & squash

Small fuji apple

BP coffee

Lunch:

Taco beef

Roasted broccoli

Baked sweet potato

((FORGOT MY FAT AGAIN!)

Pre-WO:

2 HB eggs

Post-WO:

2 baked chicken tenders

mini baked sweet potato

Dinner:

Homemade chicken salad on a bed of organic baby arugula

Roasted zucchini & squash

1/4 c Bubbies sauerkraut

Jumbo black olives

I AM DETERMINED TO WORKOUT TONIGHT... IT BETTER HAPPEN.

I did workout :) Leg day... and I can feel total weakness working out, after being off for TWO WEEKS... :/ Strength, you better come back, soon!

Cravings are mixed / with wants with me. 

For the past 3 days I've been wanting chocolate (PMS symptom = normal) and bacon, olives, and proscuito - so craving fat.  Thankfully I am wanting the fat more than the actual chocolate.  And I've wanted a cheese danish from the patisserie downstairs where I grab my coffee in the am.  But obviously that went on the non-special list (oh but they are!) :ph34r:

Have you had any crazy food dreams yet?  My first whole 30 I dreamt that I went off plan with plain white rice.  And recently I dreamt that I went off plan with margerine.  Which is just plain bizzare.   

Happy Day 6 to you!

Sooo... I had a food dream last night. My first. Hubby & I went to Haagan Das and I was like, forget Whole30, I'm eating icecream, I don't care. And I got a HUGE icecream cone with banana icecream, with cherries mixed in. Then I was eating and saying, this isn't even that good, but I'm eating it anyway!... seriously. I woke up this morning, thinking I had to start over! And wondering if it was a dream or real? I've NEVER been to HD (but funny they were on an episode of Cake Boss I watched the other night) and I wouldn't have gotten banana icecream!

Today's Menu (Day 24) (a.k.a. Day 14)

Breakfast:

Beef & Broccoli Frittata

Roasted Zucchini & Squash

Black olives

Green Grapes

Coffee

Lunch:

Taco beef

sweet potato

broccoli

black olives

Dinner:

Fajita chicken, mushrooms, bell peppers & onions

Caramelized plantains with cumin & lime juice

Side salad with homemade creamy cumin lime dressing (arugula, tomato & avocado)

(couldn't eat all the salad)

Sooo... I had a food dream last night. My first. Hubby & I went to Haagan Das and I was like, forget Whole30, I'm eating icecream, I don't care. And I got a HUGE icecream cone with banana icecream, with cherries mixed in. Then I was eating and saying, this isn't even that good, but I'm eating it anyway!... seriously. I woke up this morning, thinking I had to start over! And wondering if it was a dream or real? I've NEVER been to HD (but funny they were on an episode of Cake Boss I watched the other night) and I wouldn't have gotten banana icecream!

Today's Menu (Day 25) (a.k.a. Day 15)

Breakfast:

Beef & Broccoli Frittata

Roasted Squash & Zucchini

Avocado & Cumin Lime Dressing

Pre-Workout:

HB egg

black olives

Post-Workout:

2 baked chicken tenders

petite baked sweet potato

Lunch:

Large salad from Whole Foods salad bar

(spinach, mixed greens, bell peppers, cucumbers, black olives, sunflower seeds, 3 HB eggs)

Dinner:

Fajita beef, bell peppers & onions

Roasted squash & zucchini

Caramelized plantains

WORKOUT:

Shoulders & Biceps workout

20 mins on stairmaster (level 5-8)

Green olives

Today's Menu (Day 26) (a.k.a. Day 16)

Breakfast:

Beef & Broccoli Frittata

Sauteed bell peppers & onions

Caramelized plantains (topped with coconut chips)

**Hubby cooked breakfast, for a change lol**

(I literally just did not want to cook or eat)

Lunch: (ate super late :/ wasn't hungry and was busy studying & cooking - 3pm or so)

Blue Ribbon Country Captain Chicken (from Well Fed - YUM!!!)

Cumin-Roasted Carrots (also from Well Fed - loved these)

Green olives

Dinner:

Can of Genova White Tuna in Olive Oil (drained some off)

Mashed Sweet Potato

Roasted Zucchini & Squash and Broccoli

(more of a mini-meal since I wasn't that hungry... ate at like 8pm)

Today's Menu (Day 27) (a.k.a. Day 17)

Breakfast:

Tex-Mex Machacado Frittata w/ Avocado Relish (spin-off of Machacado Eggs from Well Fed) YUM!

Roasted Zucchini & Squash (didn't finish)

Mashed Sweet Potato

BP Coffee

Lunch:

Cottage Pie (Well Fed)

Roasted Broccoli

((FORGOT MY FAT AGAIN - UGGHHH!)

Banana w/ 1 tbsp almond butter & raisins

Dinner:

Blue Ribbon Country Captain Chicken

Cumin-Roasted Carrots

Green olives

I find myself feeling impatient - sick of eating, sick of the same ol' veggies... I don't think (I know) we didn't buy enough veggies for the week... I don't think I'm eating enough veggies... I'm sick of squash. Period. I find myself thinking about "what I want to eat after Whole30"... but still not having any "cravings" and the desire to veer off W30 and CHEAT... NEVER. I'm waiting for Tigers Blood... I just don't have it. I ordered some NOW Foods Betaine HCL... which I should receive tomorrow. I'm excited to see if this works for me. I've been drinking GT Kombucha every now and then. A little daily. I love Gingeradeberry and Gingerade. They are my favs. I HATE CRANBERRY one... it's disgusting. I have a new-found love for sparkling mineral water now - WholeFoods has awesome natural flavored ones - YUM! I still think (know) my face is gaining some weight. Don't know what that's about but I don't like it at all. It's making me paranoid. I've always had a "fat face", super chunky, chipmunk-like.. and I don't want to go back there. I refuse. Probably seeing my old face alone would make me almost unrecognizable. Thank goodness. I'm DYING to weigh myself. I wasn't one of those obsessive weigh-ers (thank you Weight Watchers), but I religiously would weigh myself every Monday morning. I've been at a plateau for several months now - just plain stuck, going up and down about 3-5 lbs here and there, depending on how bad my weekend binges were. I NEED to get past 145 (that's my now regular weight...)

Last night when I got home I was SO BLOATED... My stomach felt full and painful... I don't know what it was as I didn't eat anything new! I guess those things just happen sometimes. Still feeling a bit puffy today in the belly area.

I find myself feeling impatient - sick of eating, sick of the same ol' veggies... I don't think (I know) we didn't buy enough veggies for the week... I don't think I'm eating enough veggies... I'm sick of squash. Period. I find myself thinking about "what I want to eat after Whole30"... but still not having any "cravings" and the desire to veer off W30 and CHEAT... NEVER. I'm waiting for Tigers Blood... I just don't have it. I ordered some NOW Foods Betaine HCL... which I should receive tomorrow. I'm excited to see if this works for me. I've been drinking GT Kombucha every now and then. A little daily. I love Gingeradeberry and Gingerade. They are my favs. I HATE CRANBERRY one... it's disgusting. I have a new-found love for sparkling mineral water now - WholeFoods has awesome natural flavored ones - YUM! I still think (know) my face is gaining some weight. Don't know what that's about but I don't like it at all. It's making me paranoid. I've always had a "fat face", super chunky, chipmunk-like.. and I don't want to go back there. I refuse. Probably seeing my old face alone would make me almost unrecognizable. Thank goodness. I'm DYING to weigh myself. I wasn't one of those obsessive weigh-ers (thank you Weight Watchers), but I religiously would weigh myself every Monday morning. I've been at a plateau for several months now - just plain stuck, going up and down about 3-5 lbs here and there, depending on how bad my weekend binges were. I NEED to get past 145 (that's my now regular weight...)

This Whole9 produce guide can be handy for getting out of a veggie rut: tells you what's in season and what's good year round. Also indicates where it's important to buy organic, and when it doesn't matter: http://whole9life.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/whole9-seasonal-produce-2012.pdf

On the number on the scale, just curious, why is it so important for you, that that number changes? Also, did you take measurements or photos of yourself before you started the Whole30?  

How are you feeling without the weekend binges for the last 27 days? While you're not feeling Tiger Blood (and note, some people don't during their Whole30), are you noticing any other mood or energy changes or other physical/psychological differences?

On the face bloat, I wonder if it could be related to your current digestive challenges?  Fingers crossed that the NOW product works for you. 

This Whole9 produce guide can be handy for getting out of a veggie rut: tells you what's in season and what's good year round. Also indicates where it's important to buy organic, and when it doesn't matter: http://whole9life.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/whole9-seasonal-produce-2012.pdf

On the number on the scale, just curious, why is it so important for you, that that number changes? Also, did you take measurements or photos of yourself before you started the Whole30?  

How are you feeling without the weekend binges for the last 27 days? While you're not feeling Tiger Blood (and note, some people don't during their Whole30), are you noticing any other mood or energy changes or other physical/psychological differences?

On the face bloat, I wonder if it could be related to your current digestive challenges?  Fingers crossed that the NOW product works for you. 

Thanks for the input and list :) I feel like I'm constantly eating zucchini, yellow squash and broccoli ALL. THE. TIME.

The number on the scale is important to me just because I am not in the healthy weight range for my height... I'm only 5'3. My trainer did take measurements and I took photos. I don't really feel like I look THAT much different, but I guess we will see at the end when I really compare.

That is the biggest advantage of this, is that I haven't experienced any cravings. I went to WholeFoods with my friend over the weekend and she was sampling Chocolate Caramel Truffles and was raving about how amazing they were, along with apologizing for me not being able to indulge. My response? "It's okay! Honestly, you eating those, and me not is not affecting me at all." And it wasn't. When I went back to WF though, I was a little bit "sad" that I couldn't buy things I wanted to (hard cheeses, bread, etc.) the "special things" I would buy during my occasional visit to the store that I wish I could live at.

Like I said, I haven't experienced any cravings, which is phenomenal for me - but I'm afraid it's too good to be true. 1 month is just the beginning, it's still "new" and maybe that's why I'm doing well. When I first started "eating clean" with my trainer, I did GREAT for a month, saw results, and reverted back occasionally to binge or not do so well, which has had me have off/on results. It's just frustrating. My husband said I'm not as whiney - I don't whine and "want something sweet", or beg him to stop me from eating something bad and then bite his head off when he does try to stop me. I was out of control.

I'm also scared about ending my W30 and what that means after. Prior to this, I was eating a meal plan designed by my trainer, which was very restrictive (lean meats, green veggies, the occasional low sugar fruit, protein shakes). I just never felt satisfied, in the way that obviously I wanted more, wanted to indulge and that would lead me to crazy binges. I also didn't/don't feel like that was a good match for me in the long run; I am not a picky eater AT ALL and love eating a wide variety of REAL foods (which is what I feel like I'm doing now). I will be upset if I gained/didn't lose weight or inches on this plan - I know it's not a "weightloss program", but I will feel setback.

I am very excited about trying the NOW product - I will update on here about how it works. I keep seeing people swear by it. I liked the sound of the Super Enzymes from that company, but they contain dairy...

I'm also scared about ending my W30 and what that means after. Prior to this, I was eating a meal plan designed by my trainer, which was very restrictive (lean meats, green veggies, the occasional low sugar fruit, protein shakes). I just never felt satisfied, in the way that obviously I wanted more, wanted to indulge and that would lead me to crazy binges. I also didn't/don't feel like that was a good match for me in the long run; I am not a picky eater AT ALL and love eating a wide variety of REAL foods (which is what I feel like I'm doing now). I will be upset if I gained/didn't lose weight or inches on this plan - I know it's not a "weightloss program", but I will feel setback.

I am very excited about trying the NOW product - I will update on here about how it works. I keep seeing people swear by it. I liked the sound of the Super Enzymes from that company, but they contain dairy...

If you haven't read this article yet, you might find it interesting:http://everydaypaleo.com/attention-scale-addicts-part-2/ (not implying you're a scale addict: it just illustrates nicely that it's not always about the number on the scale).

So you've had many good benefits so far. :)  I believe I read in your earlier posts that you noticed a skirt had fit better on you too, so it sounds like you have lost some inches.

As far as when your Whole30 comes to an end, if you do the reintroductions properly, that will guide you on where to best go from here. Based on that data, you get to decide how to ride your bike going forward.

If you haven't read this article yet, you might find it interesting:http://everydaypaleo.com/attention-scale-addicts-part-2/ (not implying you're a scale addict: it just illustrates nicely that it's not always about the number on the scale).

So you've had many good benefits so far. :)  I believe I read in your earlier posts that you noticed a skirt had fit better on you too, so it sounds like you have lost some inches.

As far as when your Whole30 comes to an end, if you do the reintroductions properly, that will guide you on where to best go from here. Based on that data, you get to decide how to ride your bike going forward.

True... I did say that my skirt was looser, haha. I just don't know - I guess I will see what the outcome is when my time is up and then go from there. I definitely want to take the time and thought into the reintros, because I'm really curious to know if I have any sensitivities. 

I totally agree that the number on the scale is "just a number", but I just want to be HEALTHY, if that makes sense, and to me, I think I need to be in the healthy weight range for my height. Which is like 118-130 or so. I also know the importance of building muscle and taking measurements, etc. and that is really where the results are!

Today's Menu (Day 28) (a.k.a. Day 18)

Breakfast:

Machacado Frittata w/ Avocado Relish

Sweet Potato Mash

Lunch:

Cottage Pie

Cumin-Roasted Carrots

Roasted Broccoli

1/2 Avocado

Pre-Workout:

2 HB eggs

Post Workout:

Crockpot Shredded Chicken

Sweet Potato Mash

Dinner:

Roasted Broccoli

Bubbies Sauerkraut

Apples & Cherries sauteed in ghee and cinnamon w/ coconut milk (so good)

Today's Menu (Day 29) (a.k.a. Day 19)

Breakfast:

Jicama Homefries

Roasted Broccoli

BP Coffee

Lunch:

Crockpot Shredded Chicken

Mashed Sweet Potato

1/2 avocado

Pre-Workout:

2 HB eggs

Post-Workout:

Mashed sweet potato & chicken

Dinner:

Roasted Broccoli

Roasted Squash (idk what kind it was, similar to butternut but round)

Baked Fuji Apple with Ghee, Cinnamon & Cloves

Today's Menu (Day 30) (a.k.a. Day 20)

Breakfast:

Jicama Homefries with coconut milk dip

Coffee

Pre-Workout:

None since it was close to breakfast

Post-Workout:

Mashed sweet potato & chicken

Lunch:

1/2 while in my car waiting to take CPR class, COLD! (around 12:30pm)

Cottage Pie

Cumin-Roasted Carrots

*also had a tall iced black coffee at Sbux while studying for CPT, and a little pack of freeze-dried fruit (strawberry, orange, cantaloupe)

Had the other 1/2 after the class at 4pm (hungry!)

Dinner:

Roasted Broccoli

Roasted Squash

Black olives

Activity:

30 min core class

1 1/2 hrs. workout w/ B (my trainer) chest & back

So I have to admit something... I really wanted/needed an extra push this morning to get me into workout mood... I decided to take 1 serving (1 small scoop) of Cellucor C4 pre-workout supplement. I know, it's definitely not in the spirit of W30, but whatever, I decided that 1 little serving was not going to kill me.  Maybe 5 mins later, I started having heartburn (acid refluxish), and was super bloated... I'm assuming it was the pre-workout, since this is the only thing different I took. WOW. I didn't feel good at all. On top of that, I didn't even get any of the good benefits of the pre-workout, which was the whole reason for taking! Hmm.... (FYI, it of course is processed, and contains acesulfame potassium and sucralose)

Today's Menu (Day 31) (a.k.a. Day 21)

Breakfast:

Machacado Frittata

Jicama Homefries

Black olives

Lunch:

Cottage Pie

Cumin-Roasted Carrots

Steamed Brussels Sprouts

1/2 avocado

** I admittedly ate almost a whole little carton of red raspberries... fail. and kept going back for more. NIP FRUIT SNACKING IN THE BUTT (BUD)? What's the actual saying here? haha wow.

Dinner:

??????????????????????

I told hubby I want to go somewhere tonight, do something, I don't even know, but I just need a break, a breather. I'm stressed, keep reading. I just need to get the heck away. I really need to study, but even if we found a cool place to just chill and I could study, maybe hubby could drink a beer or two, or three (he's really enjoying me being on W30 and utterly sober, his obvious DD).

I am so stressed today. Not sure exactly why, but I feel on edge, irritated, overwhelmed, like I want to snap people's heads off. People I know, random people, anyone. UGH! :( Calm it down! What's your problem???

Some things I've been thinking about... well, I'm growing restless. I almost wish I would've just "started over", instead of all this crap with "40 days", just adding days on. Because I think mentally, I'm tired. And to me, my mind, I'm thinking, well, day 31! It's time to reintro! When I know it's really not.

So just some things I'm thinking about:

1. I need to get more sleep, regularly.

2. I just feel better all around when I take the time to "get ready for bed", instead of falling asleep watching tv on the couch (terrible!)

3. I need to make some ME time.

4. I don't HAVE to watch tv everyday (I really need to set a "timer" and just allow myself maybe 1 hr everyday to watch a show)

5. I need to get in the habit of hanging my clothes up after I take them off! Or doing something besides throwing on floor.

6. I need to get a hobby.

7. I need to read my Bible every day.

8. I need to find something to do when I'm feeling stressed, overwhelmed... something instantaneous to replace mindless eating.

9. I need to be nicer.

10. I need to write up a weekly schedule every Sunday.

11. I need to workout consistently (DO NOT MISS 3 DAYS IN A ROW)

12. I need to stop checking my cell for notifications/updates constantly.

Whole30...

- I wish I would've really paid attention and made sure to get ready for bed and get at least 7-8 hrs of sleep EVERY night...

- I wish I wouldn't have hurt my leg (not like I could help that really), and could've worked out during this program (ended up taking like 2-3 wks off)

- I'm still tired. Where the heck is Tiger Blood?

- My eyes are tired. Maybe I don't sleep good. Maybe they are exhausted from staring at a computer/phone/tv allllllllll day (yeah, definitely think I have that computer eyes syndrome, or whatever it is. I stare.)

- Stop drinking water 1-2 hrs before bed (I wake up 2-3 times at least to pee at night)

- I really haven't had any cravings, still, on this program. NOTHING like what I used to experience. I would have these nagging cravings and I literally felt like I HAD to eat whatever it was. I would gorge on it and make myself completely miserable.

- I can actually leave food on my plate. This one is also big for me. I think this dates back to childhood when my grandfather insisted I finish all the food on my plate because there were starving kids in Ethiopia. Yep. Pretty much. I think what helped me with this was the "save it for a mini meal later" thought.

After Whole30....

This might change in the next 9 days, but so far I'm thinking about how I want to do this whole eating thing post-whole30.

- I will definitely eat out occasionally again. I will definitely have treats occasionally. But I really do not want to introduce "junk food" and over processed foods back into my life. I mean, it would be really great if I didn't. I think paleo-tyzing paleo-izing whatever, things, is a much healthier option than eating something out of a box. I want REAL food. I will definitely have a drink or two every now and then. I was a big drinker before, by that I mean, it was occasional (well, usually on the weekends) and at those times, I did not know how to limit myself and didn't really want to. I drink fast and hard and always always regret it. I want to be able to drink, more socially than for the buzz, and to enjoy the company more than chugging down my beer and ordering another, trying to keep up with my husband.

- I really like the freedom of this, eating real food, and not worrying about protein this, too much fat that, etc etc etc... but, I don't know if I can keep eating like this and get the body image that I want to achieve. I've been looking into IIFYM.com, but that will take me back to tracking, weighing/measuring, etc etc etc... which is a pain. But I guess they say, no pain, no gain... so I will really have to think hard about this. Why can't I naturally be fit or skinny? :/ bah. Oh well. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

The preWO would more than likely be responsible for the effects you felt - and even possibly your stress/irritation today. They are pretty much pointless and you'd be better off with a coffee (seriously)

On getting up during the night to pee - I don't think this is related to drinking before bed. I usually have a huge mug of herbal tea (nearly 1L) before bed, and in the couple of hours prior to that I've normally had a litre of water, plus whatever I drink at the gym. Whether I get up during the night or not depends on my stress and hormone balance, and whether I'm supporting myself nutritionally, not how much I've had to drink!

I don't believe many people are naturally fit or skinny. (Who wants to be skinny anyway?) The people you presume to be naturally fit more than likely exercise their ass off, and control what they eat.

The preWO would more than likely be responsible for the effects you felt - and even possibly your stress/irritation today. They are pretty much pointless and you'd be better off with a coffee (seriously)

On getting up during the night to pee - I don't think this is related to drinking before bed. I usually have a huge mug of herbal tea (nearly 1L) before bed, and in the couple of hours prior to that I've normally had a litre of water, plus whatever I drink at the gym. Whether I get up during the night or not depends on my stress and hormone balance, and whether I'm supporting myself nutritionally, not how much I've had to drink!

I don't believe many people are naturally fit or skinny. (Who wants to be skinny anyway?) The people you presume to be naturally fit more than likely exercise their ass off, and control what they eat.

The only thing with drinking coffee before workouts, is well, I really am not affected by caffeine. It does not give me energy at all. I could, and have, drank a cup of coffee in the evening and had absolutely no trouble going to bed or sleeping. Sometimes I just really need an energy boost.

I wonder if the waking up at night to pee has to do with how good of sleep you're really getting. Because sometimes I won't get up at all, and I feel like I slept soundly throughout the night, and slept good.

I know people aren't naturally "fit", and I do not want to be skinny! But it might be nice to not be physically affected by what I eat all the time, instead of seeing/feeling the effects like the next day or two. I think I do just need to learn to CONTROL. Just because I eat something indulgent ONCE in a while, doesn't mean I have to eat as much of it as possible, as if I wouldn't be able to eat it ever again!

Today's Menu (I have no idea what day it is)

Breakfast:

Scrambled Eggs

Roasted Asparagus

Sweet Potato Mash

(didn't eat any fat, forgot, so that's probably why I'm hungry)

Lunch:

Crockpot Chicken Curry (with cabbage, bell peppers, onions)

Roasted Squash (similar to butternut)

1/2 avocado

(I'm hungry already :( just ate a Mollet Egg (from The Clothes Make The Girl), but I'm still hungry)

Oh and 2 tbsp almond butter and raisins

Dinner:

Pan Seared Chicken Thigh with Homemade Gravy

Cauliflower Mash

Bacon Sauteed Cabbage

I am super exhausted today. Yesterday I went to Starbucks around 12? maybe? don't remember... but sat and drank my burnt-tasting black coffee and studied for CPT exam, until 3, I believe. Then I went grocery shopping at Walmart (I am the slowest grocery shopper EVER... trust me when I say, you do not want to be in the store with me), then I went to Publix for a few more items (there is something leery about buying meat from Walmart). I got home maybe around 5 and realized I hadn't eaten. So I had to make something kind of quick, watched a show while I ate, and then started (slowly - don't know what my deal was yesterday) cleaning/straightening up and washing clothes. Then I started cooking. I was just up and around all night, and somehow, had a lot of energy... I really was non-stop! And then my hubby got home late, around 11 (from watching fball - his grandpa calls me the football widow). I was still just going around doing stuff, and even though I knew I needed to go to bed, there were still things to do and I was tired, but just kept going. I sat down for a few minutes with him (while he finished watching the game) and then asked him to take the stuff out of the Crockpot before going to bed... Though, I intended on going to get ready for bed and actually going to sleep, I was still doing stuff. So I ended up taking the food out and putting it away. Today I'm regretting it. I NEED ENERGY. I'm sooooooo tired. And I have a headache this afternoon. Dull, achy pain.

On another thought; my inlaws are cooking a turkey breast this coming Saturday and I thought I would try to go over there and eat some and bring some Whole30 recipes along with me. My FIL makes some tasty dishes, although none of them would nearly be referred to as "healthy". He picks on me about me eating healthy, but, there's a reason I do it. I also think he probably gives my hubby a hard time like I don't feed him good food. Anyway, enough with my rant. I thought about making the Cran-Cherry Sauce from nomnompaleo.com; green beans cooked in coconut milk with almonds from The Clothes Make The Girl; and some sort of Sweet Potato Casserole (in which I'm just flying by the seat of my pants with this one and going to try to concoct this myself). I'm excited. And he better damn well try what I make!

Are you still having sore eyes? I used to have them too, and made a few tweaks: more carbs (about 50g of sweet potato is enough - which isn't much) if my eyes feel sore, magnesium, Omega 3 and Vitamin D3. I suspect the carbs make the biggest difference, but the others helped too.

I used to believe in the naturally fat/skinny thing, but now I wonder just what we can achieve by tweaking our food. I've had more positive health changes in the last 12 months (post Whole30) than I've had in my entire life prior to Whole30 (NOT fiddling with my food except "eat less, exercise more" which just made me morbidly obese and sick).

So I'm obviously several days behind on my food log here, but I try to take pictures of all of my meals and post them on Instagram. Yesterday was my last day. Whole 40 (a.k.a. 30) and I weighed myself this morning. It is TOM, so it might even be a bit lower, but I'm ecstatic about it. 138.2... My starting weight was 146.3.... 8 LBS!!!!!! I was stuck around 145 for several months and would just go up and down a few lbs, depending on how good/bad I was. I told myself this whole time on W30 that if I made it to 140 I would be super happy. So I am thrilled. I am going to keep eating W30 style and wait at least another week to do my reintros. My CPT workshop is this weekend and I am UBER nervous.... I'm not ready at all. AHHHH! FREAK OUT! But anyway, needless to say, I cannot be sick or not feeling in tip top shape for this weekend, so I'm waiting. Hopefully my trainer will take my measurements later, and hopefully I lost some inches. Will keep you posted. :D

Archived