Too scared to reintro!

grapefruitlove

I'm so pleased to have found this thread,

I'm on day 22 of my first whole30 I'm loving it, I'm loving finding heaps of yummy recipes to make and slowly incorporating healthy diet into my husband and children's diet too. As the 30 days draws to an end I'm starting to think about reintroduction phase. I have a hens do on what would be day 32 and then the wedding on day 40, I really don't want to waste the previous 30 days I'm going to drink at the hens do should I stick with strict whole 30 diet so I know the "hangover" is just alcohol not the reintroduction of say dairy? Will this work or will have to complete the 30 days again to get a true "clean slate" for my reintroduction phase?

Staying Whole30 and having alcohol at the hens do would be a prudent way to go. Afterward, stay Whole30 for a couple days and then proceed with your other reintros.

BTW, what is  a hens do?

This is the perfect thread for me today and exactly what I came looking for. I am on Day 27 and I am starting to think a lot about how I should approach the end of my 30 days. I would not say that I've experienced "tiger blood", but my skin looks magnificent and I am starting to lose some weight (I think, haven't weighed myself). I feel good and I enjoy the way I am eating. I am completely torn between wanting to reintro and wanting to continue on another length (15 - 30 more days). In part, I think I fear that even the smallest bit of non-compliance will undo all the work I've done this month - I'll gain weight back, lose sleep, or my skin will lose the glow. Or I'll lose the opportunity to see if things can get even better if I go longer. Alternatively, I'm curious to see how I respond to a couple things. I've been gluten free for a long time and won't go back, but I'm curious to see how dairy and non-gluten grains effect me. And, alcohol, I very honestly miss the occasional cocktail more than any other item.

This decision process is kind of stressing me out, which I realize is counter to the program.

I'm also in the 'scared to reintro camp' here at day 25. I'm loving how I feel and there's a big piece of me that's like, why in the world would you stop!? But looking ahead I'm going to Mexico in March and don't want to be quite so restricted there - also don't want to be doing a blind reintro on vacation, so testing the waters a little in February makes some sense, yah? I'm thinking a little dairy, a little corn maybe (probably not a part of my regular diet, but when in Mexico, there WILL be tacos ;) ), but other wise staying compliant? Such luxary delimnas... ;)

Archived