Starting Monday Nov 4th !

Girltony

This is a little ahead of time but I wanted to make the commitment now!

I am currently suffering some health issues and on Nov 4th I will be starting a big one to regain my health - I want to go right up to New Year's Eve so it will be a Whole 56.

I did a Whole 30 before but this time I have more to gain in a way because I am eating worse (in order to be tested for celiac disease).

I'm going to be posting meal plans and recipes here for the next two weeks to help myself plan. I would love some buddies to join me from the 4th. Shout if you want to get on board!

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi BeeL

I will be going back onto the Whole30 on 4th November as it is the day after my birthday, for which I am having a treat.

I've been doing the programme for about 25 days now and have noticed changes. Not at the moment though as it's that time of the month... :(

I don't know if I will be going all the way up to New Year's Eve but I will be aiming for Christmas.  Would that be alright?

Of course! That's still a long time. 

Sorry to hear your hormones feel like they're overriding the benefits right now - hopefully you will spring back quickly

Today I've been thinking about what to stock up on in advance and one thing I will be doing is buying some beef bones to make stock for stews for the first two weeks of my Whole 30. This time of year calls for big hearty dinners. I usually add wine for flavour so I'll have to think about how to make the other ingredients work harder and I think homemade stock always makes for extra deliciousness. 

I have a morphy richards slow cooker with three settings, low, medium and high.  Got it from amazon and it's great.  I was nervous too about leaving it on all day but got over it and now can come home to a kitchen filled with the delicious scent of the meal I will soon be stuffing my face with.

As regards lunches, I'm lucky in that because I work in a school five days a week I get my meals there, which is salad, even in winter!   Saturdays I don't get time for lunch so I have an enormous breakfast (3 eggs scrambled, bacon, pile of veg, usually something from the night before's tea, like celeriac and carrot mash) a big cup of herbal tea and take a banana with me.

Do you have a microwave at work?  If so you could take a portion of chicken curry or stew... or a flask and some homemade soup?

When organised I do my cooking on the Sunday and then portion my food up for every day of the week.  Not organised all the time but I try!

Just looked them up - I had no idea slow cookers were so inexpensive! I'll definitely get one. 

For my last whole 30 I was addicted to salad lunches but I think soup are the way forward in winter. Luckily we do have a microwave. I'd LOVE to do the Sunday cook thing every week but it doesn't always happen (and fridge/freezer storage space is super-limited). So it's motivating myself to make it a couple of times per week so that it's fresh and not getting in the way of other food...

Great!

I've been testing for celiac this past two weeks (involcing eating gluten) which is part of why I want to do this.

Geekily making a meal plan for week one so I can do my shopping this week for it

Going to try to change the name of this thread to be more welcoming to those who want to start with us next Monday!

Hi all!

I would love to join the group! Help keep my accountable and also get some meal ideas. I've been trying to follow it without officially doing it so to say (in other words I've been trying to eat on plan as a way of getting my feet wet before I officially did a Whole30). Really excited to start this as a group this Monday! Go us!! I also have PCOS and looked into the Paleo way of life because it seemed to be the only 'diet' that provided results to the PCOSers! I was thinking of doing the '21 Day Sugar Detox' as a way to get started with Paleo but I think I may do this instead!

Best of luck to us!!

-Katherine

I've been trying to be good again this week.  Having my treat meal this Saturday. Done my ocado grocery shop to be delivered on Sunday by 2pm, then I should have plenty of time to get cracking with the cooking.  Already planned to make a chicken tagine and herby pork fillet over a bed of roasted vegetables to keep me going over the next week and a half.  Lamb tagine next week, I think.

Anyone else got any good ideas or tips to keep on track?

I have one cup of black coffee a day but not every day as I have to be in the mood for it.  I drink herbal/fruit teas now as I cannot face Earl Grey without milk.  Pukka do some nice ones as do Jeeves and Jericho.  ;)

Hello all!

Also starting Monday November 4th! Was considering doing Paleo but then came across this gem of a book and plan. I have "lean" PCOS and although difficult I was blessed enough to conceive a baby boy who's now 2...I am now concerned with the long term (possible) health affects of having PCOS...so that is my motivation...best of luck and health to everyone starting Whole30 with me:)

My best tip from last time is to eat enough - ie. if you're following the template but you're hungry, eat a small protein/fat/vegetable top-up meal and increase your meal sizes. I shouldn't have been tracking but when I did my first Whole30 I found that eating to satiety meant I was eating about 25% more in terms of calories than I thought I should. But I obviously needed it. I didn't gain any weight and my body composition improved.

I'm really looking forward to everything but the caffeine withdrawal...

YES!  I am in.  Over the past two months I have had a few thing come up in my life that have thrown me right off course.  Been working away from home for 10 days at a time and being accommodated in a Hotel.  Was an awesome experience and made some great friends.  What was not so awesome was the drinking rum and ginger beer every night, allowing snacking (usually on crap) enter back into my daily routine, having all your meals cooked for you and getting very little if any exercise.

To exacerbate this problem, I have had my parents in law move in with us.  I love them dearly but OMG you should see the pantry. :blink:   All of the great work I have done over the past 6 months has been totally undone in one.  I feel BLAH....I am all puffy, my tummy is all upset and I have put on the weight I have lost. Worst of all, my frame of mind is crap - negative, depressed and generally crabby.  I don't want to be around me let alone anyone else!! :P

Monday, I am back to my normal place of work and will be living away from home.  I stay in an apartment so I have to cook all of my own food and there are plenty of cool places for me to exercise! 

So yes, I am VERY VERY KEEN  to start a Whole 30 on Monday!  I want to start feeling healthy again!

Cheers Everyone!

great to have everyone on board!

is anyone else doing what It Starts Wih Food recommends for ibs/IBD? I am going to cut out nuts and seeds and coffee and keep eggs to a minimum although I don't think they bother me that much, just to see how I get on. I'll also try to limit nightshades and high FODMAP foods generally. I suffer fom nausea once or twice a day, has been going on for six weeks, and I just had a load of tests come back normal (apart from low iron) so it's unexplained, but I'm suspected celiac and my digestion has always been a bit dodgy. I remember my digestion improving on my last Whole30 but it was definitely not perfect, and then I think a course of antibiotics plus a vomiting bug threw it off completely. My main goal is to stop feeling sick all the time.

today's my cupboard clear out day! getting rid of gluten free baking crap, and some bad oils and vinegars. I live with my boyfriend and he will still have some things I can't eat here but he's pretty easygoing, just has what im having, with some additional carbs

Hi folks - I started today which being in Australia is the 3rd but given dates are slightly out of kilter I figure a day won't matter. I am trying to loose some weight, regain some energy and if I'm really lucky reduce my allergies. I have pollen food allergy syndrome - which translates to a lot of raw fruit and veg, nuts and some grains.

I actually started yesterday but mindlessly ate rice (sushi at a picnic) so figured I'd start over and get it right!

Very nice to hear everyone else's fears and ambitions - my family think I'm crazy restricting my diet even further - and all the fat makes everyone nervous (I have high cholesterol) and truthfully it makes me a bit anxious as well. I keep reading articles on the debates about cholesterol to reassure myself I won't have a heart attack :)

Good luck for tomorrow!

Well here we go again people.  I had my treat meal and my goodness I felt so drunk after a glass and a half of wine.  Thought about having a glass tonight with the pork fillet but resisted! 

Just wanted to wish everyone the best of luck (myself included) with the programme tomorrow.

Also, does anyone have any ideas on how to switch my brain off at night? - it's stopping me sleeping  :o

Archived