Cashew cream?

Have had it. Prefer fresh ground almond butter, but that's just a personal choice/texture preference. I'd prefer squash soup with some cashews on top. Or cashew soup. Now that is awesome

is this something your can buy or do you make it .   If you can buy it where did you purchase it?  I sounds wonderful

Homemade.

1medium onion

2 cloves garlic

1/2 tsp salt

1/2 tsp pepper

1 Tlbsp olive oil

1 cup roasted cashews

1 Tbsp tomato paste (allowed version)

1/8 tsp cayenne pepper

3 1/2 chicken or veggie broth

Sauté garlic/onion/salt/pepper in olive oil

Purée onion mixture with cashews, tomato paste, cayenne and 2 cups chicken broth

Return mixture to pan and add last 1 1/2 cup broth. Cook until heated throughout for a few minutes.

Top with fresh cilantro and a few whole cashews.

Hope that helps!

for savoury dishes, I prefer "sour" coconut cream - fresh coconut meat blended with lemon, garlic powder etc. I've used it on chilli with guac and salsa, and with some cucumber mixed in to have with curries.  you can, of course make sweet versions, but they aren't really in the spirit of the whole 30.

too many nuts can be hard to digest, and I find cashew "cream" heavy - the coconut version is a lot lighter.

Homemade.

1medium onion

2 cloves garlic

1/2 tsp salt

1/2 tsp pepper

1 Tlbsp olive oil

1 cup roasted cashews

1/8 tsp cayenne pepper

Purée onion mixture with cashews, tomato paste, cayenne and 2 cups chicken broth

Return mixture to pan and add last 1 1/2 cup broth. Cook until heated throughout for a few minutes.

Hope that helps!

interesting combo. of ingredients!   Will give it a try!   Love working with new recipes and the different ways to please my palate,  Thank you.  Everybody is so supportive to everyone in helping them pull through, and being new to the forum and the program it is a life saver.

for savoury dishes, I prefer "sour" coconut cream - fresh coconut meal blended with lemon, garlic powder etc. I've used it on chilli with guac and salsa, and with some cucumber mixed in to have with curries.  you can, of course make sweet versions, but they aren't really in the spirit of the whole 30.

too many nuts can be hard to digest, and I find cashew "cream" heavy - the coconut version is a lot lighter.

What is coconut meal?

Homemade.

1medium onion

2 cloves garlic

1/2 tsp salt

1/2 tsp pepper

1 Tlbsp olive oil

1 cup roasted cashews

1/8 tsp cayenne pepper

Hope that helps!

That sounds good! Is that like a soup or your version of cashew cream?

Archived