Starting October 24 - Anyone else?

Laspiaggia

I'm starting tomorrow for the first time and looking forward to it. I'm going to do Whole30 eating only low fodmap (for my digestive problems) and low histamine (for my allergies/food sensitivity). I've been planning to start for a couple of weeks now and just had an incident last night where I ate something I had never had a negative response to and got very sick. I'm also a fitbit flex enthusiast and walk at least 4 miles every day.

I am starting today as well. I have gone grain free I feel SO MUCH BETTER. My struggles are dairy, like cheese, and sugar (and natural sugar subs).

I want to be super clean going into the Holidays but I do plan on enjoying the typical American Thanksgiving.

I am hoping the absence of dairy and sugar will decrease my chronic inflammation in knees and hips as well as morning mucous and congestion.

I hope to be following up with you guys who started today, as well. Bon Courage.

Blessings, Lacy

Hi! I'm starting today (the 24th) also! 

I got interested in Whole 30 because my neighbor did it successfully, and it sounded intriguing. I don't really have a lot of chronic ailments aside from allergies, so that is not my major motivation. I do suffer from anxiety and am being treated, but I am not sure a change in diet can change that? Anyhow, I mostly just feel lethargic and bloated. It's my own fault of course! I haven't been eating the best and because of that, I've gained 10 pounds in a year or so. I'm hoping to clean my body up, lose some weight, gain some energy and just try this experiment. I love all those shows with the befores and afters - I'm hoping I notice a dramatic difference like that too!

Kim

I started yesterday also :) Originally "tried" to start on Monday, but ate non-compliant foods :( ugh... stupid oreos. Anyway, looking forward to this journey and excited to see the outcome. Really need to re-evaluate my relationship with food. It's so unhealthy right now! I go on bad binges for a few days and then eat clean, etc. Vicious cycle.

Glad we can all come here to help each other along the way!

Today is Day 0 for me but I've been following the Whole 30 mentality since September 30th. I've had a few slip ups along the way (mainly not monitoring cooking oils, a glass of beer, a glass of wine, anddd a few over indulgences in nuts :X) so I have decided to start fresh today. I'm hoping to beat some compulsive overeating habits in the next 30 days and kick snacking illogically in the tush.

Good luck everyone!

Starting today on a whim because a friend told me she did it and she looks great! Looking forward to committing for thirty days.  So far so good. I think I'll be okay during "routine" days but I am worried about when I go out to eat or go to parties with friends.  We have one this Saturday and I am already thinking that I'll be too tempted to have one drink or eat something I shouldn't.

Yup, today is Day 1 for me!!  I have been preparing for a week and yesterday I did a semi-whole 30..lol

I have a slight headache, but I think I'm going to have that considering the amount of sugar I've been eating.

I am really motivated and can't wait to see the results in 30 days!

Cheers everyone and good luck :)

Jen

Hi! I'm starting today (the 24th) also!

I got interested in Whole 30 because my neighbor did it successfully, and it sounded intriguing. I don't really have a lot of chronic ailments aside from allergies, so that is not my major motivation. I do suffer from anxiety and am being treated, but I am not sure a change in diet can change that? Anyhow, I mostly just feel lethargic and bloated. It's my own fault of course! I haven't been eating the best and because of that, I've gained 10 pounds in a year or so. I'm hoping to clean my body up, lose some weight, gain some energy and just try this experiment. I love all those shows with the befores and afters - I'm hoping I notice a dramatic difference like that too!

Kim

There are a few people on the forums who also have anxiety - I'm sure they've noticed differences!

From personal experience, whilst I don't have anxiety, I felt a lot calmer on my whole 30. I was more rational too. I know that fats are good for mood and brain health. Cutting out a lot of sugar and processed foods, and snacking also helps stabilise you too.

Eating well and feeling well will hopefully give you a confidence boost that may help as well!

There are a few people on the forums who also have anxiety - I'm sure they've noticed differences!

From personal experience, whilst I don't have anxiety, I felt a lot calmer on my whole 30. I was more rational too. I know that fats are good for mood and brain health. Cutting out a lot of sugar and processed foods, and snacking also helps stabilise you too.

Eating well and feeling well will hopefully give you a confidence boost that may help as well!

Thanks for the insight! What you've said makes a lot of sense, really. I guess I'll see!

How's it going for everyone? I managed to survive a baby shower yesterday at a restaurant with lots of temptations, pretty happy about that! I ate at home before I went there and I think that's what helped the most. I'm feeling pretty good so far too. No major complaints!

Kim

Thank you all for responding to my original post. Sorry I haven't been back but work has been kind of crazy. I took the day off today so I could go on a hunt for avocado oil to make mayo for my crab stuffing (stuffed flounder for dinner). Trader Joe's was a no go but Whole Foods had it. Feel lucky to live in an area where there are many sources for healthy food.

Today was okay. Feeling kind of lethargic this morning but feel energized this afternoon. misshannah had asked about fodmap elimination and I'm finding that my digestive system feels much better without the foods I already know cause me problems -- especially later in the day. So I already knew that cruciferous vegs and onions caused me problems so now I'm being more careful. I'm also doing a semi low-histamine meal plan because of my food sensitivities. I created a food list (from the great lists on this site) and have indicated which foods are problematic for low fodmap and low histamine, and I only eat them sometimes in small doses.

So today is our 5th day. How is everyone else doing?

Glad it's going well for you too! I see you're from the NY area, I am too! We live on Long Island. I just went to Whole Foods a little bit ago and stocked up for the week! I agree we def. have some good store choices around here. 

I find myself craving things I used to eat and thinking "Can I really do this for 30 days?", but then on the other hand thinking how "easy" this has been (relatively) and can't imagine quitting now. It's sort of a weird back and forth! I suppose this is pretty normal?

Kim

Yeah I hear you about the ups and downs. I've found it helpful to refer to this every once in a while to recognize that my state of mind is normal and to be expected.

I just walked through the cafeteria on campus to see all the things I can't eat. But I'm looking forward to going home to some warm pumpkin chili and salad. And I feel so much better in general with the elimination of dairy and grains. I plan on remaining at least Paleo after the thirty days.

Someone had asked how long it takes me to walk 4 miles -- I walk that in my normal working day commuting from NJ to lower Manhattan. But I previously lived at the Jersey shore and would walk 4 or 5 miles along the beach. If you walk like a NYer it takes <15 minutes to walk a mile.

First Halloween in memory that I didn't eat at least one Reese's peanut butter cup. :) Fortunately, I don't have kids at home anymore and didn't buy any candy at all for Halloween because I usually end up eating most of it since we only get a few kids coming around.

Hey guys! It's day 15, how are you feeling? I'm doing well here. Day 11 I was really tempted to quit, as my husband had left for a business trip and I wasn't really feeling like making a home cooked meal...but I made it through! I generally feel fine, no huge eureka moments yet...don't know if they will come but I'm hoping for the tiger blood phase everyone talks about! However, I do see big changes on my body which is awesome. I'm getting nervous that when the 30 days are up, I'm going to gain back any lost weight/end up looking the same as I did before I started, but I guess I'll worry about that more if and when it's actually happening. Anyhow hope everyone's having an easy time!

k

• 3 weeks later...

Archived