I feel awful!

ChickenNoodle

I am not sure if it is a reintro issue...assuming it is so here is my question.

All 30 days my belly felt great, the occasional bout of mild gassiness (onions appear to be the culprit) but no upset stomach at all, in 31 days.

Day before yesterday I reintro'd my protein powder after my work out. I typically would add it to a smoothie but to avoid more dairy, I just blended the whey powder with coconut milk and banana. It wasn't especially tasty, but I figured it would do the job. Felt fine. Next day, did the same. Sudden onset of nausea. Seriously upset stomach and an acid reflux feeling.

I managed some lunch about an hour later, felt ok.

Picked up DD from school and bought her a shake. I had literally two big swallows and went about my business. About an hour and a half later went for a short 1 mi easy run. Came home and again felt super nauseous. Could not even eat dinner.

This morning, woke up feeling fine, halfway thru my BP coffee I felt that upset stomach suddenly come back.

I have tried to eat a little but I am really not hungry and I feel barfy.

Could this be the dairy? Or does it sound unrelated? All of the other food I have eaten has been compliant.

It could be the whey powder.  I would avoid it for the next few days until you feel better and then, if you really want to, try it again to see if the same thing happens.  It could be unrelated, but the only way to know is to not have it for a while and try it again. 

Hmmm....it is isolate.

Very curios, perhaps it isn't the whey. Could it really be the couple swallows of shake? Actually no because I started to feel ill yesterday after the whey but well before the shake.

I will go clean for the next few days and stay away from all forms of dairy for a bit.

I don't really think it sounds related tbh. Perhaps you have a stomach bug? (Was the shake you brought your daughter a protein shake ...or something else?)

Id stick to compliant eating til you feel better anyway!

Just a question...why does a smoothie mean having dairy? I would have avoided the coconut milk postWO, and just mushed up the banana and protein. Or used mashed sweet potato with spices.

Amberino...the shake my Dd had was dairy.

As for the smoothie, I usually use kefir as my base. But in this instance I used coconut water (maybe I wrote milk), banana and the whey.

Maybe you are right....it is just not like me to feel so lousy....especially after how fantastic I have been feeling lately.

After a busy evening in the kitchen (made three different dinners due to special requests and didn't feel up to eating any of it) I am settling in on the sofa with a cup of tea. Hopefully tomorrow with be a better day!

Coconut water makes more sense! I've had whey a couple of times and not noticed any reaction. I did feel heavy with dairy though, and could just feel it sitting in my body. Perhaps a proper dairy reintro would be the way to go just to be sure? And maybe a day with whey added as well?

Hope you're feeling better soon, too!

Archived