Day 5, menthol feeling in mouth and on skin

kew

I am on Day 5, and for the last 2-3 days I have had a strange menthol-like feeling in the roof of my mouth, and parts of my skin feel like I have been playing with the Vicks Vaporub.  It's an odd tingling, slightly cool sensation, mostly on arms and legs.  

Has anyone else had this experience?  Could this be a reaction to the dietary change, or is it more likely to be unrelated?

I have definitely had this feeling before, and I think (but am not sure) I have felt it during previous W30s.

(I tried searching the forum for this sort of thing but didn't find anything -- if I missed a thread on this, my apologies.)

This is a new one for me...

What foods have you had an uptake in consuming? It may be a food sensitivity...alternatively, how's your salt/electrolyte intake? I'm not sure, but maybe some nerve ending tingles from too few?

Just guesses. It's definitely not a normal reaction.

Also I feel like my eyes are reacting, as if there really were menthol fumes in the neighborhood.  and the mouth taste might be described as metallic, more than menthol.  (No antibiotics in my system, but the mouth taste is somewhat similar to that which I get with some antibiotics.)

Foods: no brand-new foods for me, and nothing far out of my usual realm, except more mushrooms than usual, otherwise the change is more in taking away grains, dairy, etc.  I have kicked up the cinnamon and the cayenne lately.  Not to extraordinary levels, I would have said, however.  Like 1/8t each, at a guess, in stew, soup, etc.

Archived