Runners knee, tendonitis, and whole 30

Tveen

I was wondering if any runners have had success with eliminating tendonitis pain while doing the whole30?

I am a long distance runner and have been battling horrible hip and knee tightness and pain for a couple weeks. I completed my first whole 30 a few months back, but have fallen off the wagon and have been eating "a little bit of everything." I want to do a whole 30 again to get back on track, but I was also wondering if anyone has experienced a decrease in hip or knee pain while on the whole 30? Considering it's inflammation and everything ;) thanks!!!

• 3 weeks later...

My runner's knee has been helped over the course of my whole30 but I'm not sure how much of it is from the foam rolling that I have started or due to a combination of the two. I've noticed a lot less ankle pain and foot pain though which I don't particularly pay stretching attention to! And I have noticed less inflammation in my knees after long runs!

I did the AIP and found that eggs were causing me a lot of pain in my elbow. I had strained it earlier in the year and the Dr said it was typical Tennis elbow. But the pain kept getting worse. 5 days with no eggs, the pain was gone. And it hasn't come back. It's worth a shot.

Archived