Starting Today (Oct. 25th) Currently in Mourning Over My Lost Starbucks

onegirleightlimbs

Hi!  Today's my official first day (after unofficially deciding to start Monday).  So far so good, but it's early yet.  I know I'll miss my Starbucks and Red Wine for sure, and I'm a little scared about getting through a whole weekend with none of my standard bad habits (I mean, they're really fun, aside from the fact that they make me fat and I feel like crap all the time), but it's worth a try!  I'm trying to adopt a more long term/delayed gratification approach to lots of things in my life, my diet and health included.  Hope everybody else out there is doing well today.  :)

Are you going without coffee?  I'm sitting here with a venti Pike's Place, black, right now for my graveyard shift.  In my first whole 30, I learned not to hate black coffee.  Never did get used to it with coconut milk or anything.  I decided just to buy coffee that I could actually stand to drink black.

I am going without coffee!  I've tried to get myself to drink black coffee time and time again and I just can't get into it!  I guess the reality is that I've always liked coffee flavored cream and sugar more than I like actual coffee.  So far (only been two days) I'm getting by okay with herbal tea. I started getting crazy cravings already today.  Was surprised to have that start so early!

• Moderators

... I've always liked coffee flavored cream and sugar more than I like actual coffee...

Me, too. About two days into my Whole30, I decided if I couldn't have coffee with cream and sugar, I just wasn't interested in having any. Coconut milk in it did nothing for me.  I did go through some caffeine withdrawal, but after that, I pretty much got over it. Now that I'm done with my Whole30, I think I may have one occasionally, for a treat, with some real cream and sugar, but I've figured out that even with some weird work hours that I can get by without it.

I just got around to trying the bulletproof coffee recipe (in my case, I heated coconut milk and added some ghee, then blended it with my coffee with the stick blender).  I actually did like it and found it much more palatable than drinking the coffee with coconut milk poured into it alone. 

Archived