Parmesan cheese in the Foodee website recipes

ziggy

I thought ALL cheeses were not on the allowed foods and yet, there are a number of recipes at the Whole30 approved resource link - the Foodee website - that include parmesan or bleu cheese.  Are certain "hard" cheeses allowed?

No - no cheeses are allowed.

I haven't looked at the link myself, perhaps I'll ask the other moderators about it! It may be a case of certain recipes being ok, but you needing to use your judgement...

Eta- just checked it out, and there is a "whole 30 approved" section. The whole website is not approved recipes - are there any in the approved section that you have come across including non-compliant ingredients?

It is really really hard to police all the recipe websites and blogs out there. You do have to refer back to the whole30 rules and determine if something is acceptable, even if someone tags their website or facebook or pinterest post "whole30" they may not even know what that means.

Sorry! I know it can be super confusing, but check back here if you are ever in doubt. Cheese is a no-go on the whole30 full stop. It does not matter what kind of cheese  :) .

Archived