So sick of BP coffee, need alternative!

I have been doing pretty well with my modified BP coffee...ghee, coconut oil and coconut milk. Near the last 5 days of my W30 I began adding 1/2 of a date to sweeten it up just a bit.

Today (day 5 of reintro) I just can't stomach any more thick frothy coconutty coffee. I am about to fly off the rails and make a proper cappuccino as I have a late night ahead and didn't sleep well last night. I am worried about the dairy though.

Any ideas, compliant or not (but not too bad!) for a decent cup? Not at all in the mood for black at the moment, although I know that is my best option.

I sometimes use MCT powder in my coffee. Tastes like cream and not nutty or too fatty. It's quite lovely actually. Just have to use enough and pour the hot liquid in it whilst mixing (with a spoon, not some kitchen power tool).

I don't see why it wouldn't be compliant, other than feed some...coffee cream addiction?

For a treat, I make my own hazelnut/almond milk.  I usually add a vanilla bean.  I also bought better beans since I don't drink coffee all that often and I have found that I am good to go with black coffee and black iced tea now.  Thanks Whole30!

I have been doing pretty well with my modified BP coffee...ghee, coconut oil and coconut milk. Near the last 5 days of my W30 I began adding 1/2 of a date to sweeten it up just a bit.

Today (day 5 of reintro) I just can't stomach any more thick frothy coconutty coffee. I am about to fly off the rails and make a proper cappuccino as I have a late night ahead and didn't sleep well last night. I am worried about the dairy though.

Any ideas, compliant or not (but not too bad!) for a decent cup? Not at all in the mood for black at the moment, although I know that is my

Hi I've been having bp for quite a while then I spotted primal egg coffee on mda by mark Sissons instead of all the butter you add 3 eggs and 2 tsp of coconut oil to the coffee. Much easier on the stomach than all the fat and it doesn't taste of egg or coconut just nice thick coffee

Although, I am now off coffee and only drink tea. BP tea anyone?!?

I may have to try.  I was raised on tea with milk and sugar, although plain teas also work well for me.

I use about 1/4 cup pastured half and half and 2 tbs. coconut oil and blend with a stick blender, then add about 1/2 tsp. almond extract. The almond adds a nice sweetness without any sugar, and both compliments and hides the coconut flavor. The coconut oil blended into the coffee really does a nice job softening the flavor. If I leave it out and do everything else the same, the coffee is far too strong and bitter for me. but blending the coconut oil into it makes it smooth and mild.

So this morning I was tempted by my cream and sugar, but each time I invite them to the party they stay too long....I end up drinking two cups instead of one. And I was planning on a morning run.

Instead I made BP with unsalted organic (but not grass fed) butter and coconut oil and it hit the spot. One was enough.

I do not mind enjoying a cappuccino once in a while but I really do not want to go back to the standard of two cups of sweetened coffee daily.

I can't bear ghee in coffee, so if you haven't tried it without, I'd try that. Not sure why but ghee makes me feel quite sick in BP coffee, but fine to cook with it.

I can't drink BP coffee made with salted butter, tastes awful to me, just the unsalted for me :D

I skip sugars of all kinds in my coffee for daily use, too easy to poke the sugar dragon or eat more than I mean to.

I like plain coconut oil BP coffee during a Whole30 and unsalted grassfed NZ butter post-Whole30 (or if having dairy).

If you find the coconut oil too strong or not sweet enough on it's own, try a few brands, some are sweeter than others.

In Australia the Loving Earth brand of coconut oil is so sweet & coconutty I can't cook meat in it (great for coffee), I cook meat in the Melrose brand (much milder).

If you don't need your coffee to be fluffy (BP style) but you want not-black, coconut cream and coconut milk are great too, especially for a faster (no blending/shaking) cup.

Another alternative is cold brew coffee, comes out much sweeter to me than hot brewed and if you make it overnight it's also super-quick for the morning. You can drink it hot, but the brewing itself is cold. Great instructions over on Stuff I Make My Husband blog.

I can't bear ghee in coffee, so if you haven't tried it without, I'd try that. Not sure why but ghee makes me feel quite sick in BP coffee, but fine to cook with it.

I can't drink BP coffee made with salted butter, tastes awful to me, just the unsalted for me :D

I skip sugars of all kinds in my coffee for daily use, too easy to poke the sugar dragon or eat more than I mean to.

I like plain coconut oil BP coffee during a Whole30 and unsalted grassfed NZ butter post-Whole30 (or if having dairy).

If you find the coconut oil too strong or not sweet enough on it's own, try a few brands, some are sweeter than others.

In Australia the Loving Earth brand of coconut oil is so sweet & coconutty I can't cook meat in it (great for coffee), I cook meat in the Melrose brand (much milder).

If you don't need your coffee to be fluffy (BP style) but you want not-black, coconut cream and coconut milk are great too, especially for a faster (no blending/shaking) cup.

Another alternative is cold brew coffee, comes out much sweeter to me than hot brewed and if you make it overnight it's also super-quick for the morning. You can drink it hot, but the brewing itself is cold. Great instructions over on Stuff I Make My Husband blog.

We could be coffee buddies...I can't stand it with ghee either! I wish there was cafés offering a blended oil/butter alternative, how awesome would that be?

I'm hoping Thr1ve (a new paleo cafe chain) will end up doing this, we don't have one yet in Melbourne

There's not one in perth either, that I know of...can't say I would know about it though, we don't really mix in "paleo" circles.

I'll have to check it out, and keep an ear out!

Archived