Trouble restarting

Loco

I have read a few posts about similar situations but am still struggling with restarting.  I completed a successful whole 30 this summer and am trying to restart again with  no luck.  I have tried to restart for the past 3 weeks and keep getting a few days in then lose my momentium.  I am not sure what to do.  My "Sugar Dragon" is worse than ever.  I am not sure how to get past this point...if anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it.  I have been planning my meals and trying to stay on top of things but I think stress is taking over!!  I need HELP!!

I truthfully think the first whole30 is by far the easiest! I agree with Chris - is there anything you can bring back from your mindset of the first?

I am going through this right now. I did 100 days in January, then another 30 in June, and am on another 30 for the month of October. going through this time I'm realizing a couple things about myself...I don't know that I will do another whole30. I have changed so many things about my life and nutrition that a reset for me might be more of a 14-21 day thing (for some reason I get really really antsy around the 21 day mark). I pre-set myself to do a whole30 every fourth month as a reset, but the process is still unfolding. I was so excited to get back this time that initially I wanted to do a whole50. instead I'm finding that I need to alter my "all the time" nutritional mindset and add back in only those things I know are ok for me.

why are you doing another whole30? that might be the place to start. did you derail major? do you just feel like you want to rein in a couple things? maybe 30 days isn't necessary for what you want. find what works for you and make it succeed! maybe it's too soon for you to do another whole30 - maybe a whole 15 might be enough if for no other reason than to give you a chance to succeed.

I have read a few posts about similar situations but am still struggling with restarting. I completed a successful whole 30 this summer and am trying to restart again with no luck. I have tried to restart for the past 3 weeks and keep getting a few days in then lose my momentium. I am not sure what to do. My "Sugar Dragon" is worse than ever. I am not sure how to get past this point...if anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it. I have been planning my meals and trying to stay on top of things but I think stress is taking over!! I need HELP!!

THIS!!

I did a successful whole30 in January, managed about 27 days + 13 days in July/August & i just can't get going properly again either. I also battle with a beast of a sugar dragon - honestly the only real difference between me on a whole30 & me not on a whole30 is chocolate consumption in the afternoons. I can hear the "in moderation" crowd all saying "ah, that's because you keep making it a banned food!", but if i make it an allowed food i end up bingeing.

I was aiming for a restart tomorrow (Monday 28/10) - maybe I'll give the Whole7 a go this time & see where i end up! Join me if you like?

I would love to join you in your journey. I have such a problem with the sugar dragon. I think my first go was successful because I had a buddy and was off from work. If I have assistance maybe that will help me along. Thanks for the offer. My question is where do we stay in contact and how?

I would love to join you in your journey. I have such a problem with the sugar dragon. I think my first go was successful because I had a buddy and was off from work. If I have assistance maybe that will help me along. Thanks for the offer. My question is where do we stay in contact and how?

You could create a thread for yourselves in the Join the Whole30 part of the forum and keep in touch and accountable that way.

I agree Juzbo! buddies are the best. I know you saw in our whole100ers reunite thread that I was just ready to quit. but then I went to CF and saw my buddies that are doing it there and then to work where some more are. and, of course, hubby (who is 1/2 in but still...). truthfully I would've quit about a week ago if it wasn't for them. I suggest you tell everyone you know (that won't judge you or make comments). that's what I do. then they, in some ways, keep  me accountable.

JUZBO! are you going through Nov 19th? that was my initial end date, but I'm not sure I will make it without adding back in small things (using butter instead of ghee...etc)

Just wanted to say this has been helpful to read. I'm desperately failing at restarting a W30 after a successful on in August and I'm so down on myself. Thanks for the boost and good luck you (and to us!)

Eve

Archived