New and have some questions!

sweetgrace

Hi everyone! I have been gluten free for several weeks now and have just started the whole30 2 days ago. My questions are:

1) I see alot of talk about crossfit, do I have to do crossfit to see results?

2) I am also seeing quite a few people who do the whole30 several times a year. Is this because after the whole30 they go back to eating like they were or ??

Thanks for having me here!

Hello & welcome

Paleo is very popular in crossfit circles (as is The Zone diet asfaik) so that's why it seems like paleo people do crossfit but oftentimes it's the other way around ifykwim? Certainly you don't need to do something as intense as crossfit. Personally I do "Chalene Extreme" workouts at home, but any exercise is great.

I am gearing up to do my 3rd whole 30. Between times I might ease up on the strictness and have some dark chocolate and some wine. W30 is a strict elimination diet and nobody wants you to do it all the time but I think once you've done it you won't want to go back to a SAD diet anyway.

Hope that helps

1) I see alot of talk about crossfit, do I have to do crossfit to see results?

Absolutely not. Crossfit is simply a way of working out. There tends to be a large intersection of whole30 and paleo eaters and crossfitters. I think we share some similar principles in certain respects such as whole30'ers eat from core food groups...crossfit believes in workouts consisting of core functional movements. Crossfit also believes our general concepts of working out are flawed, much as whole30'ers believe current standard dietary recommendations are flawed. Lastly, crossfitters are typically smart enough to know that you must support proper physical exercise with a proper diet.

2) I am also seeing quite a few people who do the whole30 several times a year. Is this because after the whole30 they go back to eating like they were or ??

While most people will learn an amazing amount doing their whole30, not everyone will feel they need to follow the rules 100% afterwards and nor should they have to. After your whole30, If your favorite thing in the world is birthday cake, and it's your birthday, you should totally eat a piece of birthday cake. Oftentimes people have great success in defining what types of allowances or exceptions they're ok with but this is a very difficult task for many. A lot of people will eventually feel themselves slipping into old habits again and exceptions start to become norms. Jumping back into another whole30 is a awesome way to reset yourself again and get back on track. For me, it's my baseline. Anytime I feel I'm losing control over my decisions, I get back onboard and do something like a whole15. Hope that helps!

Archived