Join our whole30+ group? Starting Mon 28th Oct

melbournegirl

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I started today!  This is my second official whole 30 - did one last year at this time!   Love the challenge and the reward of feeling amazing (and dropping a few pounds too!).    I did it all on my own last time with all of my friends telling me I was crazy so it will be great to join a group this time! 

I am starting tomorrow as well. Perfect timing to end right before Thanksgiving. I did a Whole30 several months back but was unaware of many things I did wrong. Hoping to do much better this time around. Mostly for health reasons and get my mindset back on food=fuel instead of food=whatever I need it to be for the time being (as I sit here eating coconut ice cream and pb-yikes!)

Are we going to log our food on this? I intend to log food and I need to re organise and declutter so may log that too x

Feel free to start a personal log (for food, thoughts, how your feeling physically etc) in the log section of the forum - it's a great spot to track your journey and to pinpoint any issues if you have any!

Wow, what a full house, so glad to be here with you all. Since I'm in Melbourne my first day is done and it was a good day, even managed a 5 km walk at lunchtime... I'm going coffee free so I expect tomorrow and day 3 will be much harder but I am determined.... I am going to log my food in the whole30 log section...see my link below this post.... As amber and hedgehog suggest it seems to help especially with troubleshooting.... This thread I guess is for us to cheer each other on and offer advice.. You are all invited to post on my food log anytime as well!

For the newbies, did you know you can follow this thread and see updates under content you follow via the drop down under your name top right? If you can't figure it out yell.

I look forward to hearing you all had a good first day.....

Hi All,

I am also starting today too and I am glad to have found this group. I have attempted Whole 30 so many times this year and get to around day 10 to day 15 and usually succumb to cheese....

I am hoping to complete this time right before the holidays so good luck to everyone.

Anne

I started today. I did a whole 28 in July and chose to drink at a friend's birthday and not complete a whole30 weeks prior to the event. I found it easy to stay within guidelines with food but wanted a glass of wine after a couple tough days over the month which I hadn't realised was such a stress release before. I normally drink a glass of wine a couple nights a week and on weekends. Last time I was also tired the whole time and then got sick the last couple weeks so I never felt good doing the program. I'm hoping that will be different this time.

I normally sleep through the night unless woken by children but got up to pee heaps last time and already a bit worried about this.

Most people I know thought I was crazy doing this last time so who knows what they'll think when I say I'm doing it all again!! Thought I might need some more support this time.

I am in!! I did a whole30 last year between Thanksgiving and Christmas and it was perfect but wanted to start early this year to avoid the Halloween candy bonanza! I also start clinicals at the hospital tomorrow and am super nervous so I think having a happy belly will help. :)

First day breakfast was great! One thing that I need to do better this round is my water drinking. Also, just for simplicity's sake I think I am going to just drink my coffee black. Last time I did coconut milk but had to carry it with me if I wanted to have coffee out somewhere.

I did a successful W30 in August and then went back to being paleo, which now feels overly decadent and sorta unhealthy after a W30 so I've been unsuccessfully trying to get back to W30 for weeks now. Hoping this group will help! I'm sitting here post-WO eating a huge breakfast salad with salmon so let's see how the day goes. Mostly doing this to end my very unhealthy relationship with food. During my first W30, I was so thrilled to see that for once in my life, I wasn't snacking ALL night from the moment I got home from work to the second I went to bed. It was so liberating! Good luck to us!

Hi, my name is heather; and this is my fourth Whole30...I am actually NOT putting a 30 day deadline on my lifestyle this time....I am living the whole30 program as a lifestyle change...and after 30 days I may introduce some things, but I plan to basically eat this way for 90% of my meals indefinately.  I found this forum to be extremely helpful during my previous Whole30...so here I am.  :)

I am in!! I did a whole30 last year between Thanksgiving and Christmas and it was perfect but wanted to start early this year to avoid the Halloween candy bonanza! I also start clinicals at the hospital tomorrow and am super nervous so I think having a happy belly will help. :)

YAY!  I'm in too...good to know you are here.  I'm excited.  :)

Hello Everyone! I recently found out about Whole30 and today is Day 1! I'm so excited to find this group to help with accountability! So far I've had 3 eggs with spinach and then campari tomatoes.  I am very excited to embark on this journey and get my body balanced!  :D

Archived