Join our whole30+ group? Starting Mon 28th Oct

melbournegirl

Good morning,

I finished my first Whole30 2 weeks ago.. feeling fantastic and 10pounds lighter!  The last few weeks I've strayed and am realizing that the food just isn't worth it!

I'm ready to get back on track and do a Whole30 along with my hubby this time around!

Looking forward to sharing with a group this time, I think it really helps to have others' support.

MG

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess I need to count to or row as my first day. The fridge had very little that was 100% compliant. Am usually much more organized/prepared but this season in life has me much the opposite unfortunately. Am staying paleo today and may just call tomorrow day 2 anyway and go for 31 days. Often times, for me, a day of success or a day under the belt feeds my positive progress. It's a mental game-does that make sense?

Grocery shopping tonight and I am looking forward to all the yummy veg!

Great to see so many taking charge of thier health and relationship with food :)

Hi, my name is heather; and this is my fourth Whole30...I am actually NOT putting a 30 day deadline on my lifestyle this time....I am living the whole30 program as a lifestyle change...and after 30 days I may introduce some things, but I plan to basically eat this way for 90% of my meals indefinately.  I found this forum to be extremely helpful during my previous Whole30...so here I am.  :)

I think this is a fantastic idea and want to incorporate this thought process as well! I thrive on rules or principles to follow, the stricter the better. When I don't have many guidelines I tend to go wayward and make poor "healthy" decisions which lead to binging. Not good!

I know I feel MUCH better eating this way. Great encouragement!

Hi  Everyone- 

I'm starting today as well and looking forward to checking in here along the way!

I've done one Whole30  over a year ago  but let the old unhealthy  eating patterns emerge again. :rolleyes:

My primary goal is to improve my relationship with food while creating some healthier lifestyle habits.

Hi! I am so glad to be doing the Whole30 with a group as I have struggled to do clean eating for so long now. I have even asked friends to do it with me but always failed. I think having a support group like this would really be a big help. I started my Whole30 today and did okay but have a and headache now. Isn't it too early to be experiencing this. In the timeline, day1 should go by just fine.

Hey!! I am starting my whole 30 today. Can't wait to see how this works on my stomach. Have had IBS for a little while now and I hope this helps!! :)

It will definitely help!  It did for me.  I've been having issues again so I'm looking forward to cleansing my system of all of the offenders! 

Hi! I am so glad to be doing the Whole30 with a group as I have struggled to do clean eating for so long now. I have even asked friends to do it with me but always failed. I think having a support group like this would really be a big help. I started my Whole30 today and did okay but have a and headache now. Isn't it too early to be experiencing this. In the timeline, day1 should go by just fine.

Congrats on completing day one!  I don't think it's too soon depending on what your diet was prior to today.  Did you cut out caffeine?  Also, make sure you are eating enough.  I think in the beginning it's easy to limit yourself in calories too much. But don't deprive yourself of nutrients.  The first time I did it, it took a few days to find that balance of eating just enough to be full and satisfied until the  next meal.   Good luck! 

Day 1 (number 40-odd ;) ) done & dusted. Massively brain-dead tired after lunch & a huge headache into the evening... Dealt with the first with a short nap & then an outing to the park with the nippers, & seem to have eased the latter with mackerel & sweet potato fish cakes for dinner.

Bring on day 2! :lol:

Hi everyone,

I'm in Melbourne so onto day 2. I have a thermomix so can make my own nut milks for my morning coffee and found I liked cashew the best. I do find after a coffee though that I'm not that hungry. A question for you all... I've eaten an egg this morning as will be going for a run soon and hoping to eat a proper breakfast afterwards. I've tried eating breakfast first but felt sick running. Does anyone find it hard to then fit in 3 meals? I couldn't eat 3 meals and pre and post workout meals. Surely if I just do a pump class that doesn't warrant a whole other meal?? What do you think?

I currently have 2 coffees a day but a few days over the last few weeks its been 3! I want to cut down to 1 a day and leave the second as a rare occasion. I'm too scared to go cold turkey as I felt low last whole28 with little energy and since my boys are 4 and 2 I need energy to run after them and patience so I don't want coffee withdrawal as well. Thought if I start to feel good after a couple weeks I would cut back to 1. Anyone with similar issues?

Hi everyone,

I'm in Melbourne so onto day 2. I have a thermomix so can make my own nut milks for my morning coffee and found I liked cashew the best. I do find after a coffee though that I'm not that hungry. A question for you all... I've eaten an egg this morning as will be going for a run soon and hoping to eat a proper breakfast afterwards. I've tried eating breakfast first but felt sick running. Does anyone find it hard to then fit in 3 meals? I couldn't eat 3 meals and pre and post workout meals. Surely if I just do a pump class that doesn't warrant a whole other meal?? What do you think?

One day a week I work out late (9 am) and even if I eat at 6:00 I feel sick.  So it works best for me to wait to eat after - just a breakfast. I do squeeze in 2 more meals. But I usually wait to eat dinner with DH at 8pm. So I do  have enough time to fit it all in. Early on in my first Whole 30 I ate a post-WO snack then Breakfast.  But it doesn't seem to matter - especially since I am not doing a big exhaustive WO. You may want to post this question in the Whole 30 for Athletes section.

Day 1 is almost over. Whew! I think it has gone well. I have sp and squash in the oven and a steak ready to go.  This is huge for me as I am eating dinner alone tonight. In the past - I would have picked something up and it would have been horrible "food" followed by sugar death. So that is a win for me. :)

Here's to taking care of ourselves!

Day 1 is almost over. Whew! I think it has gone well. I have sp and squash in the oven and a steak ready to go.  This is huge for me as I am eating dinner alone tonight. In the past - I would have picked something up and it would have been horrible "food" followed by sugar death. So that is a win for me. :)

Here's to taking care of ourselves!

Great Job!!! :D

Thanks Almcc, might just wait to eat. By the time I got home today it was 11am when I ate a proper breakfast. This only happens twice a week but may make an effort to eat closer to 10.30 if I can and see if I can squeeze in a smaller lunch. As previously I would pick in the afternoon until dinner which was early anyway with the kids. Then there was more picking after dinner.

Good work on cooking for yourself rather than relying on take away! Even if its just for you, you deserve a good meal.

Hi everyone,

I currently have 2 coffees a day but a few days over the last few weeks its been 3! I want to cut down to 1 a day and leave the second as a rare occasion. I'm too scared to go cold turkey as I felt low last whole28 with little energy and since my boys are 4 and 2 I need energy to run after them and patience so I don't want coffee withdrawal as well. Thought if I start to feel good after a couple weeks I would cut back to 1. Anyone with similar issues?

I'd suggest having coffee after a meal if you're feeling full after drinking it.

Body pump class definitely requires a postWO meal - I'd eat it on the way home from the gym and then have meal one when you get home. Unless you're waking up just before you leave, I'd have a preWO too, unless you can eat a normal meal.

You could have normal meals at 11, 3 and 7?

Hi kathhr, if you are exercising for fitness and fun, not for specific goals I have read it is okay to skip a pre WO providing you find you have enough energy to do your exercise at full intensity... I vary a lot, I usually don't need a morning pre WO until I get quite fit and am slightly undereating the night before.... As soon as I struggle to get through a class or run I add the pre WO back

Thanks for getting back to me amberino21 and juzbo. I might try a postWO. I definitely had enough energy for my speed work on the treadmill but its only day 2 :-) Does it matter how small it is? I find Im much less hungry on this meal plan as obviously the fat and protein are so much more filling than carbs.

Had elana's pantry 'paleo dirty rice' and nomnom paleo's 'sisters phenomenal green chicken' which were yummy. Early dinner today with kids at 6 and didn't have lunch as breakfast was so late so will rectify that next week when in the same position. I ended up having 3 drumsticks but maybe too many as I didn't have lunch. I feel full but not too full. If you're not hungry are you supposed to eat and expect your body to adapt?

In the early days it is better to eat even if not hungry as it takes a while for your appetite hormones to reset etc with the new way of eating... So I have read..... I also believe the size of the WO snacks is far less important than the timing but perhaps amber can weigh in on this

I didn't have enough dinner tonight, saved half for tomorrow's lunch then was starving at 9pm so had some carrot and sweet potato with some mixed seeds... Got crampy legs too so figured not enough carbs since I did two exercise sessions today... Did have extra salt at lunch so its not that...

Boiled some eggs now for emergency rations tomorrow LOL

I started yesterday with all of you. It was an easier day than I thought it would be. My struggle is finding the time to plan my food right now. I work full-time, do online school full-time, have involvement in my church and small group plus family time. My kids are grown so I'm just cooking for me. I just have to carve the time out and make it happen so I make the better choices. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Hey all! I started yesterday as well, but just found this forum VIA the daily emails. Excited to get going! Day one went well, but I've noticed I'm not hungry until much later in the morning, and then ravenous all afternoon (even after a full lunch). I made myself eat breakfast early yesterday, but going to try going with my body and doing the 11, 3, 7 meal combo to see if that helps. 

I just had a baby in July, and I feel like I'm finally back to "myself" (the new version with another baby!) and ready to feel good again. 

Archived